Anybody own a classic muscle car?

Was on the fence of purchasing a 1964 Chevy Nova but a mechanic I know says it isn't worth the trouble and headache because they're unreliable and parts would be hard to find. What do you guys think

your mechanic is a lazy jerk...in 2019 there's so much after market support for classic muscle cars, you can damn near build a new one from catalog parts.
IMG_20191126_173054.jpg

get urself a decent honest mechanic and just order parts when needed..year one is another site/catalog you can get w/e u need.

Was on the fence of purchasing a 1964 Chevy Nova but a mechanic I know says it isn't worth the trouble and headache because they're unreliable and parts would be hard to find. What do you guys think

allreds allreds What's your mechanical skill like? Are you prepared to do the work yourself and outsource just a few jobs or is your mechanic going to do everything?

Negative. There is a ton of parts out there for those cars & plenty of shops to do the work for you if you can't fix it yourself. The mechanic sounds anti-classic cars to me. A classic car is always worth the trouble & headache imo

allreds allreds What's your mechanical skill like? Are you prepared to do the work yourself and outsource just a few jobs or is your mechanic going to do everything?

Mechanical skills are 1/10 :lol: so I'm not prepared to do the work. My mechanic is going to do everyhing.

Let's say I were to buy something like this.

For that price, pretty much everything is restored and the car is good to drive as a daily right?

dats a point for moddin too,

i fw high performance period but it aint worth it if yo **** always on a bed but classic muscle should be easier

i still feel like u better off just fw a scat doe

i like to have fast **** but drive it all da time too

I'm legitimately surprised that the mechanic is turning down your money allreds allreds . Maybe he's uncomfortable working on 50+ year old cars. You'd have to find a mechanic that specializes in American muscle.

I'd also start by learning a few things about the vehicle and what to look for. The example you posted is quite expensive but I wouldn't trust them about the no rust, etc... You'd want an expert on cars from that era to look at it.

Last edited:
Mechanical skills are 1/10 :lol: so I'm not prepared to do the work. My mechanic is going to do everyhing.

For that price, pretty much everything is restored and the car is good to drive as a daily right?
Yeah, that one checks all the right boxes. You'd still want to see it in person though or have a mechanic who specializes in classic cars to look at it. Also, I don't know if you heard of them or not but there's a classic car dealer out in Plymouth, Michigan who sell classic cars called VanGuard Motor Sales. I watch all their youtube vids & they have insane classic inventory. Through their videos they show you all the inside/outside of the car, put it on a lift to see the under body. They have a very well established reputation as being one of the best in the business as 90% of their inventory is sold sight unseen. Check them out, who knows you might find yourself a better deal.

Last edited:

For that price it needs to come with an LS not LT imo. I thought you were talking about a running project was about to go off lmao.
If you get something with a stock ls in it you will be fine mane

it is, but 37.5 is ALOT for a Nova, especially when its a engine swaped example...might wanna browse bring a trailer just in case you can score a better deal...good news is that LT1 is fuel injected so it'll start right up, and feel a lil bit more modern power wise.

it is, but 37.5 is ALOT for a Nova, especially when its a engine swaped example...might wanna browse bring a trailer just in case you can score a better deal...good news is that LT1 is fuel injected so it'll start right up, and feel a lil bit more modern power wise.
That's tax tax I just noticed it's not even an SS

before you cop da whip, pay a mechanic to do a pre purchase inspection... don't wanna be stuck with a rust bucket...body work is EXPENSIVE.

Real Talk. This happened to me. Everything was good but the frame. smh Loved that car

Some day I’m trying to get into a restored 964 but I’d also love to grab an old Nova too.

Either the mechanic knows OP knows jack **** about cars and just wants to look cool in an old school or the mechanic told the OP not to do it, so tuned he can turn around a buy the car himself.

Back
Top Bottom