Anybody went to hockey game? Specifically in Prudential Center?? Few Questionss

First of all, I dont watch hockey and Im not even a hockey fan...but my girlfriend said she enjoys watching hockey out of all the sports. So, I got tickets for a pre-season game at prudential center - NY Rangers vs NJ Devils. Is watching hockey live even fun? Whenever I watch it on TV, I usually turn to another channel unless there is a fight.
I am hoping I would like it since I enjoyed a Mets vs Yankees game I went to last month and I am not a fan of baseball.

Other questions lol
My seat is in section 10 row 6. Are these okay seats at the prudential center?
Is it going to be cold?
Will I see a fight?
Should I drive from Queens or take the train? Is there parking?

you will be a hockey fan by the end of the night...if you can't enjoy a hockey game live, sports in general are not for you.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

you will be a hockey fan by the end of the night...if you can't enjoy a hockey game live, sports in general are not for you.

Pretty much.....Hockey games live are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ok great, i am looking forward to it now!
can someone answer the other questions for me??

itll be cold enough for a long sleeve t under a t shirt, but not like jacket cold. some people are fine in a t shirt. your girl will prolly need a hoody maybe.
preseason, you probably will not see a fight.

the rest i can't answer. section 6 row 10 is probably good though...pretty close. although imo, hockey games are the best in the first couple rows of the balcony. that's just me tho

I went a NJ Devils game before at The Rock, its a very good experience. Now both a Devils and Nets fan
pimp.gif

I went to a Sharks game once when they played up in Oakland and it was great. Probably never forget it.

I don't fallow it but I actually legitimately like hockey. I find it damn near impossible to keep track of the puck on television though.

As long as you're close (which you are), you'll have fun. If you were all the way up its a pain because its hard to follow that small $@! puck
laugh.gif

My seat is in section 10 row 6. Are these okay seats at the prudential center?
Is it going to be cold?
Will I see a fight?
Should I drive from Queens or take the train? Is there parking?
-Very good seats
-Bring a hoodie & you'll be straight
-There's a chance
laugh.gif

-Take the train... Parking in Newark is a @%$@*

Listen to every thing jb 23 about the pru. I have Season Nets Tickets and have been there for a hockey game. Great seats.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Proshares needs to chime in 
nerd.gif

My dude AirJordan took care of all the answers already
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I don't usually get cold but that's because I'm always yelling
laugh.gif

You will be a fan after watching it live, best sport to watch live IMO.

thanks guys and good info from jb 23
i was hoping to drive, but i've heard nothing but bad news about parking around the prudential center - finding parking, parking fee, the distance to the arena depending where u parked
my girl is not gonna be happy about taking the train since she HATES public transportation...she couldnt stand going from 34th st to 50th st (2 freakin stops!!)
is the nj transit train better or path train? which is closer to the arena? I know the game is in september, but I am just curious lol

I usually take the PATH (I'm in Queens as well). F train to 34th, get out and walk maybe a block to the PATH, take it to Newark and it's not a far walk. Rock is like two blocks from NJ Transit so either way is fine.

I agree with everyone else, Hockey is the best sport to see in person, it is so much faster and more fluids than it looks on TV and the hits can be felt about 20 rows up from the ice.

It will probably be pretty cold as far as a climate controlled building is concerned, wear as sweater or hoodie because some NHL arenas can feel like a freezer if you are in the lower half of the seats.

-In a preseason game you will most likely see a fight
-Hockey is the best sport to watch live
-No it is not going to be cold lmao
-Rangers > Devils 
wink.gif

hockey live is the sweetest ever. My first game ever was a Ducks and Flames :]
Dunno about your seats.
nah not really cold, long sleeves will do. You could wear shorts even
prolly gonna be a fight.
dunno and dunno.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Pretty much.....Hockey games live are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
WORD 
pimp.gif

Some of the best sporting events ive been to was for Hockey. In HS. I miss those days man 
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

as cliche as it may sound, keep an eye on the puck

i dunno why but 70% of the arena doesnt realize the puck has gone into the net until like 2 seconds later
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom