Anyone actually regret going to college...?

solewoman

Staff member
frown.gif

With student loans and careers being all about experience nowadays...anyone wish they would have just started working or went to a trade school or any other alternative routes...?

I know a lot of unemployed people with ba's, masters etc who are sitting at home (shout-out to the unemployment thread)

If you could do it all over what would you have done differently? If you still would have went to school...would you have chosen a different major?

frown.gif

With student loans and careers being all about experience nowadays...anyone wish they would have just started working or went to a trade school or any other alternative routes...?

I know a lot of unemployed people with ba's, masters etc who are sitting at home (shout-out to the unemployment thread)

If you could do it all over what would you have done differently? If you still would have went to school...would you have chosen a different major?

Yep I wish I would have acquired my Cdl at 21 instead of 23
I went from making 38k a year with a degree, 11 hours a day,
To 90k a year , just by taking a chance to try something new

Yep I wish I would have acquired my Cdl at 21 instead of 23
I went from making 38k a year with a degree, 11 hours a day,
To 90k a year , just by taking a chance to try something new

I don't really regret going to college. But I do regret the path I took to get there. I went the community college route. After I transferred to UC, I felt that I missed out on the wild first two years. In high school, I should've stayed on top of that school work, so that I can go straight to a four year.

I don't really regret going to college. But I do regret the path I took to get there. I went the community college route. After I transferred to UC, I felt that I missed out on the wild first two years. In high school, I should've stayed on top of that school work, so that I can go straight to a four year.

Its 90% about who you know in this world it is sad.

I would have never attended my college (drexel university) in tons of debt still living at home yet I work for NASA.

Got my job through my dad who knew a contractor who hired me and then got converted to a civil servant.  I was like well my finance and accounting degree as well as my experience at T. Rowe Price and Laureate Higher Education must have really been the deciding factor.  Kid i got hired with went to frostburg has a marketing degree....his fiance's dad hired him because he works here......

Its 90% about who you know in this world it is sad.

I would have never attended my college (drexel university) in tons of debt still living at home yet I work for NASA.

Got my job through my dad who knew a contractor who hired me and then got converted to a civil servant.  I was like well my finance and accounting degree as well as my experience at T. Rowe Price and Laureate Higher Education must have really been the deciding factor.  Kid i got hired with went to frostburg has a marketing degree....his fiance's dad hired him because he works here......

It's all about who you know. Some of my wealthy friends attain jobs/internships at the snap of their fingers, while those less fortunate have to make major sacrifices in competition amongst those who travel an unpaved road.

It's all about who you know. Some of my wealthy friends attain jobs/internships at the snap of their fingers, while those less fortunate have to make major sacrifices in competition amongst those who travel an unpaved road.

Man the thing about college is, I've actually had to work hard as hell to try and get this degree. Seems like everything else I've done it life was easy but now that im in college im actually trying hard. With that said I dont think I'll ever regret it regardless of what happens when I graduate because I know I busted my hump and actually earned my degree.

Man the thing about college is, I've actually had to work hard as hell to try and get this degree. Seems like everything else I've done it life was easy but now that im in college im actually trying hard. With that said I dont think I'll ever regret it regardless of what happens when I graduate because I know I busted my hump and actually earned my degree.

Had 2 job offers out of college in 2009, still work at both, one full time and part time at the other. My major got me the internship which led to the job but life would be great without student loans. To answer your question, yes I regret going to college. However, would I do it over if given the chance? Probably not, I met a lot of good people, grew up, learned a lot and had a lot of fun. All in all it was just an expensive social experiment for me

Had 2 job offers out of college in 2009, still work at both, one full time and part time at the other. My major got me the internship which led to the job but life would be great without student loans. To answer your question, yes I regret going to college. However, would I do it over if given the chance? Probably not, I met a lot of good people, grew up, learned a lot and had a lot of fun. All in all it was just an expensive social experiment for me

Originally Posted by BigPoppaBaker04

I seriously regret Grad school right now tho... I should've picked another major

Originally Posted by BigPoppaBaker04

I seriously regret Grad school right now tho... I should've picked another major

wish i would have known the college i went to had a legit culinary arts program. advertising major ftl.

wish i would have known the college i went to had a legit culinary arts program. advertising major ftl.

i messed up going to the U of M first and not starting at a community college. i had about 20k is loans after 3 semesters, after 2 semester I have 4k at my new school. its so sick what theyre charging for school nowadays

i messed up going to the U of M first and not starting at a community college. i had about 20k is loans after 3 semesters, after 2 semester I have 4k at my new school. its so sick what theyre charging for school nowadays

Why does this thread keep coming up? No one should regret going to college. You earned that degree. The fact is that the market hasn't recovered and isn't expected to fully recover for a few more years. If we had all graduated from school five years ago, no one would feel this way because there were jobs a plenty.

Major has nothing to do with it. You can read the unemployed thread and see that there are engineers that are unemployed. There are people with finance/accounting degrees that are unemployed. There are people with IT degrees that are unemployed.

Why does this thread keep coming up? No one should regret going to college. You earned that degree. The fact is that the market hasn't recovered and isn't expected to fully recover for a few more years. If we had all graduated from school five years ago, no one would feel this way because there were jobs a plenty.

Major has nothing to do with it. You can read the unemployed thread and see that there are engineers that are unemployed. There are people with finance/accounting degrees that are unemployed. There are people with IT degrees that are unemployed.

Originally Posted by Furrell

But i have a job, and I regret it

Back
Top Bottom