Anyone attend or did attend CSU Monterey Bay or CSU Stanislaus?

Hey guys,
I have the option of transferring to either school in January. Before I go visit both, I was wondering if any of you go/attended there.

Hey guys,
I have the option of transferring to either school in January. Before I go visit both, I was wondering if any of you go/attended there.

i know a girl that goes to CSU Monterey Bay. she a ***+! tho

she did tell me before we stopped being friends that its a crappy campus. it used to be an old military base or soomething like that and its terribly boring. If you wanna do anything on the weekends you have to drive an hour to SF. hope this helps....

i know a girl that goes to CSU Monterey Bay. she a ***+! tho

she did tell me before we stopped being friends that its a crappy campus. it used to be an old military base or soomething like that and its terribly boring. If you wanna do anything on the weekends you have to drive an hour to SF. hope this helps....

I have a friend at each one of these schools (both seniors now). Both campuses are kinda small and weak imo...

Nightlife is pretty much non-existent in both these areas since like everything closes around 10pm except for like a few ghetto bars and like one club lol. Monterey does have a lot of decent places to eat though as it has Fisherman's Dwarf, Cannery Row, and other local spots. The area around CSU Stanislaus has like nothing and is basically farmland(which is why i never go down there except the one time to check it out).

Personally, I didn't bother to apply any of these two schools when i was able to transfer. If these two are your only choices i would pick Monterey Bay over Stanislaus.

I have a friend at each one of these schools (both seniors now). Both campuses are kinda small and weak imo...

Nightlife is pretty much non-existent in both these areas since like everything closes around 10pm except for like a few ghetto bars and like one club lol. Monterey does have a lot of decent places to eat though as it has Fisherman's Dwarf, Cannery Row, and other local spots. The area around CSU Stanislaus has like nothing and is basically farmland(which is why i never go down there except the one time to check it out).

Personally, I didn't bother to apply any of these two schools when i was able to transfer. If these two are your only choices i would pick Monterey Bay over Stanislaus.

^pretty much what that guy said. My friend goes to Monterey, and he really likes it though. And it is on the ocean so thats a plus too.

^pretty much what that guy said. My friend goes to Monterey, and he really likes it though. And it is on the ocean so thats a plus too.

Thanks for the replies. Its just I want to move out so bad. 
I keep hearing staying in town and going to Sac State will be better, which is about 75% chance of what Ill do.

I keep hearing staying in town and going to Sac State will be better, which is about 75% chance of what Ill do.

Originally Posted by 916kings

I live in the 916 as well. And personally, if I am going to move away and go to school I would make that move count and move far away
laugh.gif
Im not looking to be neighbors with my folks, figuratively speaking. CSUMB is a solid distance for me to move away. For me, I decided I would rather live at home and save money by going to a JC instead of blowing money living 20 minutes away from home and going to Sac St if you get what I am saying. But if you are just looking for a 4 year college and none of the stuff I just said applies to you then I would lean with Sac State as well. 
Whatever the decision you make is, stick with it, don't blow off school, have fun, and good luck
smile.gif

I live in the 916 as well. And personally, if I am going to move away and go to school I would make that move count and move far away
laugh.gif
Im not looking to be neighbors with my folks, figuratively speaking. CSUMB is a solid distance for me to move away. For me, I decided I would rather live at home and save money by going to a JC instead of blowing money living 20 minutes away from home and going to Sac St if you get what I am saying. But if you are just looking for a 4 year college and none of the stuff I just said applies to you then I would lean with Sac State as well. 
Whatever the decision you make is, stick with it, don't blow off school, have fun, and good luck
smile.gif

i keep getting this statement too...
no way in hell i end up at sac state
sick.gif

i keep getting this statement too...
no way in hell i end up at sac state
sick.gif

Sac State is a marginal step up from Stanislaus and Monterey on the CSU totem pole
laugh.gif

Sac State is a marginal step up from Stanislaus and Monterey on the CSU totem pole
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom