Anyone catch the new semi-rasist (imo) KFC commercial?

Here we go...

Let the fun begin.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Haha, yeah i caught this commercial.

Y'all acting like KFC hasn't been doing this to black people for YEARS.

I mean, they had a dude dance with a drumstick in hand on the last series of commercials. It kinda nice to see them get at someone else.
laugh.gif

- Safari​

Originally Posted by General Johnson

and another one...

This isn't really funny if you understand what the food is and what they're saying. The flavor combination should make for a good sandwich though.Albeit strange for Western tongues.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

This isn't really funny if you understand what the food is and what they're saying. The flavor combination should make for a good sandwich though. Albeit strange for Western tongues.

Didn't think it was funny, but on a side note,

is that fried chicken and kimchi with some kind of sauce? I'd eat that...

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

This isn't really funny if you understand what the food is and what they're saying. The flavor combination should make for a good sandwich though. Albeit strange for Western tongues.

Didn't think it was funny, but on a side note,

is that fried chicken and kimchi with some kind of sauce? I'd eat that...

Yeah basically. But that commercial was in Chinese...so I don't even think they sold those joints in Korea.

Originally Posted by KennyTheGreat23

Have yall' seen the new KFC commerical?
Everybody, black or white, male and female are dressed casually, while talking
about their favorite type of KFC chicken...once the asian males are brought into
the picture, they are dressed as Japanese cooks, speaking with
heavy accents. So this is what they consider the image for the Asian
man huh? Not unexpected. IF they were asian females, they'd be dressed casually,
giggly, not accented, and chinky.
indifferent.gif

Discuss.

Heh.

Its not racist until you find it racist..

Which makes you my friend.. A RACIST

In fact you even said CHINKY which was totally uncalled for

Fellas fellas its all marketing. Yeah they could have done without the Karate Kid BS but from a marketing perspective its called diversity LOL

i lol'd...

i dont think it was intentional tho.

ion kno maybe im wrong...

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i lol'd...
that's the thing.. it wasn't intentional...rather the ingrained stereotype that persists about Asian males...I'm surprised theydidn't have another segment with Long Duck Dong and a big Gong sound.

And really....the problem isn't with the use of the characters...there's a time and place for it...but the entire cast of the commercial are arenormalized and regular ole folk.. Then BAM...you've got Karate Kid 1 & 2... it makes ZERO sense...and smacks of racist ignorance

I noticed it the first time I saw the commercial. Blatantly racist, not going to sugar coat it.

Same with McDonalds.

I don't understand how they're paying people to make these commercials. Obviously these people who make these commercials must have taken some sort ofsociology courses in college. They can't be that ignorant.

Racist, blatantly. Bigotry. Just plain ignorant. #(@* these dudes for actually making money to come up for with these commercials. Give me a 400,000 a year andI'll make some real commercials not this racist bull.

Mad? I'm downright livid.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

i lol'd...
that's the thing.. it wasn't intentional...rather the ingrained stereotype that persists about Asian males...I'm surprised they didn't have another segment with Long Duck Dong and a big Gong sound.

And really....the problem isn't with the use of the characters...there's a time and place for it...but the entire cast of the commercial are are normalized and regular ole folk.. Then BAM...you've got Karate Kid 1 & 2... it makes ZERO sense...and smacks of racist ignorance

It was intentional Dirty, please....

These people who make these commercials must have taken some sort of sociology class in college. Some sort of course that would have raised a bit of awareness.I'm not buying that "it's unintentional" stuff for a moment. Especially people in the marketing field, they definitely had to have some sortof sociology elective to satisfy, which would have touched based with some racial issues.

It's intentional and it's blatant racism. I'm believe that as a fact not as an opinion.

I haven't seen it, but I will take your word for it..
what about this one?
107a.jpg

city wok. may I take a order pweese

Na but I'll tell you what is racist...

There's a role playing game for the iPhone called "NY Nights"...where you create a character and have to establish yourself in NY throughwhatever trade you please. In the character creation process there are presets you can choose from like "Casual", "Skater", so on and soforth. They're all white...until you get to the "Ghetto" preset and it's a black guy with braids.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

i lol'd...
that's the thing.. it wasn't intentional...rather the ingrained stereotype that persists about Asian males...I'm surprised they didn't have another segment with Long Duck Dong and a big Gong sound.

And really....the problem isn't with the use of the characters...there's a time and place for it...but the entire cast of the commercial are are normalized and regular ole folk.. Then BAM...you've got Karate Kid 1 & 2... it makes ZERO sense...and smacks of racist ignorance

It was intentional Dirty, please....

These people who make these commercials must have taken some sort of sociology class in college. Some sort of course that would have raised a bit of awareness. I'm not buying that "it's unintentional" stuff for a moment. Especially people in the marketing field, they definitely had to have some sort of sociology elective to satisfy, which would have touched based with some racial issues.

It's intentional and it's blatant racism. I'm believe that as a fact not as an opinion.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt..

but really, KFC just lost me as a customer for life.

Back
Top Bottom