anyone cdp vi getting yellowed, even before being worn

has anyone's cdp vi slowly yellowing up. i havent even worn mine and they are slowly yellowing. im kinda bum out. please let me know if anyone isexperiencing this and how and what i should do to prevent this from escalading. or is there a solution to get it back to normal. thanks

*raises hand* if i didn't have my broken ankle, i would be wearing them. can't prevent it. no solution to get back to normal. take the l.

man imm bummed , ive been thinking about them the whole day and it makes me sad

what about saran wrapping it, my friend suggested that, and putting silica gel pack where it looks yellow and ill somewhat take it out. and slow it down at themoment. iwish i did that before...

There's something you can do about it. Sell them. And don't buy them in the first place. I'm not being sarcastic.

Any shoe you have will deteriorate, whether you wear it or not. If all you want to do is look at them, pictures will suffice. That's what I'm headingtowards, because honestly, I think Jordans are just ridiculous now. No hate to others and what their style is, but when you get to a certain age, wearing a lotof retro Jordans seems kind of funny.

Ziplocks and plastic wrap do nothing, in fact, a lot of times it can actually damage your shoe because of the oils and materials they contain. Check thecleaning and maintenance threads, I think it's in the Jordan forum.

can you post pics
smile.gif
lol..

yea i guess it would work, im not an expert but u see those videos with like bananas not rotting in some special bags just try one of those lmfao

lol thats funny. well the pics wont show it as much. because i tried that and showing it to my friend. he can barely see it. i mean the 6s were made not clearlike the other soles. so yeah. its just its starting to yellow and you can notice it. but i replaced my old silica gel packs with two new ones. and it looksbetter. and now i wrapped it up with four silica gel. putting those where it yellows the most. thats what my friend told me. i hope it works. lol

Originally Posted by elgnud

lol thats funny. well the pics wont show it as much. because i tried that and showing it to my friend. he can barely see it. i mean the 6s were made not clear like the other soles. so yeah. its just its starting to yellow and you can notice it. but i replaced my old silica gel packs with two new ones. and it looks better. and now i wrapped it up with four silica gel. putting those where it yellows the most. thats what my friend told me. i hope it works. lol
wait man i didnt really read your first thing, whats yellowing? the lil thing right. i read IV.
lol

yea those gel packs are supposed to do wonders on them clear soles or the white part of ur shoe but the yellowing happens wen u leave ur kicks out in the openput them in a closet in the dark

lol. the ice part on the carmine 6s are yellowing up.

but to the comment that foampositefreal made
i used to do that. but now its too a point i cant put all of them in there anymore. so i decided to put them all outside. i mean my 16s are stil good? but nowi wrapped it up. i just need more silica gel packs to wrap everything up.

dont you have to wait like in the summer to use sea glow. and where can i get it? does it really really work?

Originally Posted by elgnud

dont you have to wait like in the summer to use sea glow. and where can i get it? does it really really work?

not really, theres sun in the winter

sounds like sea glow is the way to go. i was talking to one of my friends, he said that its a very long process. like it takes weeks to show results. is ittrue? and where can i purchase seaglow. how much sunlight do i need?

i was on issforums and i saw pictures of how sea glow works. i was in shock. i ordered mine today. so hopefully in this week i will get it.
the pictures and the effects were amazing.

dont put them in bags, dont wrap them and dont use silica packs, those will dry up yourshoes and make them crack and crumble on you. just leave them in a cooldry, dark rook away from sunlight and they will be fine. also if your planning on keeping them ds you can usesomething thats called duraclear (i think) its aliquid you apply onto the sole however i dont know what it looks like or even where to buy it. sorry im not more help lol

lol thanks man. yeah i wrapped mine up and have silica gel packs. it looks alot better though. i think imma turn to sea glow if it gets worst. i have a tapplastic right by my school.

How long have you had them OP? I had mine for a decent while and they stayed icy, just kept them in my closet. I probably wouldn't worry with trying toclean the soles as that stuff could probably screw them up.

i agree wirth diab, only use silica packs if your going to wear them

i also use trutle wax to protect the leather/soles

ya mines yellowing bit already...i already have them sealed off from air n silica packs in the box n it still happened so i guess cant prevent it...

Back
Top Bottom