Anyone Collect Comics Vol We Should Make An Official Post

I used to collect hardcore from 1989-1993 then stopped because my parents said it was getting expensive. Now I'm 30, have my own family, and got back into collecting in May of this year. I was always a Marvel head so I started w/ my favs. If was interesting to see the changes made in the Marvel Universe. Anyway, I'm back on the new X-Men, X-Men Shism, Fear Itself, reboots of Cap America, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher, and got some of the Number 1's of the DC reboot. And then the new Ultimate Spiderman. It's an exciting time to be collecting w/ the reboots and the changes in X-Men and the impact this Fear Itself series has on the MU. We should make an official post for all the updates within Marvel/DC. Just a suggestion. Here's my collection via the icollect app for iphone: http://www.icollectmedia....onious_one/?display=list Theres another 100-200 not included because the app doesn't catch comics w/ out hardness yet. Share info, collections, etc as great info is always appreciated.

I used to collect but college has hurt my collecting. I need a job to get back into it. Comics are 20-30$ a week

Wow...funny i ran into this topic.

I use to have tons of comics but some got donated to goodwill and some got thrown away.

I recently ran into a comic site called comicconnect and I have to admit.

I thought shoes was a great and sort of crazy money investment collection but after seen a few OG comics being sold
or even being bought for nearly $600k for a single comic! that blew my mind.

We have a comic post come up every 3-4 months and it always fizzles out not enough comic book collectors here
30t6p3b.gif

^^^ damn! Ah well. Thought it could be something good and helpful. The aftermath of Fear Itself and the Xmen being split down the middle is gonna be crazy. Well if anyone wants to contribute to make an official post, I'm down.

Holler. Consistent comic book collector right here.

What are you guys reading? I've always been a Marvel follower, but have slowly been getting into DC, since the reboot.

Have any of you guys read Issue #7 of Fear Itself??? I think I have to re-read that entire story because I didn't expect that ending.

Also, Uncanny X-Force is amazing.

Lets keep this alive!

Originally Posted by Rick2345

We have a comic post come up every 3-4 months and it always fizzles out not enough comic book collectors here
30t6p3b.gif

yeah, it's pretty unfortunate too.  so much good stuff to talk about

I read and collect the Marvels Hardcovers and series tradepapers backs (mostly main events, Avengers series, and X-men/X-force). Been trying to stay away from spoilers about fear itself and schism since it's such a long wait lol. the last couple of events has been somewhat disappointing for me. Nothing compares to the epic Messiah Complex, Messiah War, and Secondcoming saga.

Also, the Thanos Imperative was really good, but newcomers to the Marvel's galactic stuff needs alot of background info to fully enjoy but it is a great read.

And the best place for me to buy comics hardcovers is definately Amazon, never go to a retail store and pay full price when u can get anything 30-50% off...

well I don't really collect, but I just download and read on the pc/touchpad. I know I know, I should start buying but Im a cheap college student
frown.gif
. I finished some IDW Transformers G1 and All Hail Megatron. And I finished the Darkest Nights? which I thought was kinda weird all of those lantern corps and such. I have the Dark Phoenix saga too and I haven't read it, uncle told me it is a must read. I mostly follow the Walking Dead though, and it's been rather boring ever since they killed those cannibals/Rick and Carl almost getting raped.

Yes, the Fear Itself ending was unexpected. The conclusion of the main event was actually kind of sad. But the Fearless series is going to be good. I'm glad Sin wasn't quite done. Out of all the side stories, Hulk Vs Dracula was the best one since Raizo and his crew plan to steal the hammer. Sorry for the spoiler but Fearless will build more on that.

I really haven't read much since the DoomWar event but I have tons of Dr. Doom stuff. He is my favorite char so if I find anything with him I'll get it. I got pretty much all the major Doom stuff form DoomWar back that's come out since 2001. I got the first 9 or so issues of DOOM 2099 too (its terrible
sick.gif
)

i used to wait for seattle comic-con to buy alot of 90s single issue comics but they just got to be to much to store and takes up to much space so now im gonna focus on volume forms cause its all there in one book an free`s up alot of space, so what i got now is the whole reginald hudlin written black panther series(a must buy) sin city series, the new iron fist series, league of extraordinary gentlemen, doctor voodoo, spiderman 2099,gambit classic,all good stuff, good writting good artwork, check em out.

I've been collecting since 1990...strictly marvel especially x-men.

Right now i'm sitting on around 1,000. I'd never sell them....comics are part of my childhood and I plan on passing them down one day.

I also got 2 binders of trading cards.

Being an 80's baby, I grew up during one of the worst times for comic books. So many gimmicks such as variant covers, inserts, hologram/prism covers, et al..
I was more into the art than the stories at the time, so I initially followed Jim Lee's work. After he left X-Men, I started to follow WildC.A.T.s. Same with McFarlane, after he left Spider-Man, I started reading Spawn. I never really liked Liefeld, Portacio, Kieth and Larsen's art, but I occasionally checked out their Image titles as well.

I recently started reading older graphic novels because now I've completely 180'd, really focusing on the stories rather than the art. I usually read one a month whenever I have the time and still have Miller's Daredevil: Born Again on tap. Only recent ongoing series' that I've followed are All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder and Uncanny X-Force.

I got into comics again this year when I bought an ipad. Before that I stopped buying comics in 99'.
Been catching up, also reading a lot of new stuff. I follow 30 comics of the new DC 52.

Do you guys buy variant covers? I always wanted to get some of the variants from the Amazing Spider-Man "Big Time" storyline. But, not too sure on dropping even more money on a $3.99 comic book.

Also, anyone excited for Wolverine & the X-Men?

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Do you guys buy variant covers? I always wanted to get some of the variants from the Amazing Spider-Man "Big Time" storyline. But, not too sure on dropping even more money on a $3.99 comic book.

Also, anyone excited for Wolverine & the X-Men?
I bought some variant covers of Fantastic Four because they were pretty dope and it was issues with Dr. Doom in it. Plus it didn't hurt that the place was going out of business and selling $15 variants for $5. I think I only picked up 1 or 2 though.

Since they rebooting the DC comics, id love to buy the Batman ones.
I never read comics. Where can i buy? How much do they tend to be?

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Since they rebooting the DC comics, id love to buy the Batman ones.
I never read comics. Where can i buy? How much do they tend to be?
Any local comic book shop would carry them. I know all the DC titles have been sold out, but dropping by never hurts. They should be able to assist you with that.
As far as the comics go, I believe all batman titles are $3.99. If I am wrong, some one please correct me. 

Batman titles out right now are:

-Batman: Detective Comics.

-Batman & Robin.

-Batwing

-Batman: The Dark Knight.

-Batman

There may be more, but this is what I know off the top of my head.

I have one of the worst comic collections ever but this remains to be my favorite comic book cover that I own to this day:

misc.jpg

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_275_Full_Cover.jpg

I just read image comics because I get em for free. Savage dragon, walking dead, invincible, spawn and some other stuff. I used to collect Marvel as a kid. New Warriors, X Men Spiderman. I have the 14th issue of spiderman and 2nd issue of x man that I got from my uncle...

I never understood reboots... Obvious marketing ploys and in some cases like batman it doesn't reboot, it just starts the number over but the storyline continues. And what about the storyline that had to be interrupted so that it could reboot! All those people who invested time in that storyline are left hanging

Back
Top Bottom