Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

I have this NBA Illusions if anyone wants it to rip. I’ve reached my wax consumption limit for the month.

I’ll let them go for under comps. Last I checked the Megas were in the 90-100 range and the blasters around 40-50.

926F7B9D-EEEE-4041-8BFB-1537938FA35F.jpeg

So i was just digging around and found this rookie chrome bron I never even knew I had. I know the centering on that one is god awful so is it even worth sending in? and do either of the base ones have good enough centering to warrant a 10 if the rest of the card is up to par?

1613273711525.png

So i was just digging around and found this rookie chrome bron I never even knew I had. I know the centering on that one is god awful so is it even worth sending in? and do either of the base ones have good enough centering to warrant a 10 if the rest of the card is up to par?

1613273711525.png
Send them.
Don’t think any will Gem but worth the effort.

Just today my brothers Kyle Lowry TopShot Holo (out of 99) went from selling @ $1350 this morning ... to his personal one selling in the 1500s ... to the last sale @ 1,955. The current low listed sell price is 2,445. All within 24 hours. Absolutely nuts.

I have a Tim Hardaway Jr that jumped from 1200 to 1675 just today, too. So crazy.

I’m holding, but if it gets close to 2K it’s going to be tough not to sell. This feels like Bitcoin from a decade ago.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: g14
I have a Tim Hardaway Jr that jumped from 1200 to 1675 just today, too. So crazy.

I’m holding, but if it gets close to 2K it’s going to be tough not to sell. This feels like Bitcoin from a decade ago.

feels wild, would probably sell @2k and use the cash to put down on a kobe auto

cool cats today tho..wonder what the challege going to be for it..probably selling my cat if it hits $350 like i got for my derek jones jr block lol

trying to buy 3point lebron for the low and buy up the rest of the cheap luka assist

feels wild, would probably sell @2k and use the cash to put down on a kobe auto

cool cats today tho..wonder what the challege going to be for it..probably selling my cat if it hits $350 like i got for my derek jones jr block lol

trying to buy 3point lebron for the low and buy up the rest of the cheap luka assist

If you collect all five “Cool Cats,” you get an Anthony Davis. I would love that AD but we’ll see.

These aren’t as limited (10K each) so I doubt they hit $350. Maybe if you get a good number or are extremely fast to list.

My Tim Hardaway is so limited (only 99 worldwide) I really want to try and hold if possible. Who knows, I could see it be worth $3-5K by the end of the year if this really gets popular.

How do you buy these NBA Top Shots?
There's a marketplace for the individual cards. You can also buy packs. It works a lot like stockx. The appeal of physical cards has always always been the grading or condition element. This NBA top shots take that out of the equation. It's basically a digital currency or stock at this point.

Does anyone know if this is all taxable income. The appeal is obviously dropping $100-$1,000 for the chance to find a highlight worth $200-$100,000, same as with physical cards. And the marketplace is the NBA's way of regulating all trades and making a commission along the way.

www.nbatopshot
How do you buy these NBA Top Shots?

Everything is done through the website, www.nbatopshot.com

The creator is Dapper Labs. After you make an account on the link above, you can add funds to your Dapper account, which is what you'll pay with. When you sell something, it goes to your dapper account. You can try to bypass that and just buy directly with your credit card, but I had issue and missed out on my first pack. A lot of cards get rejected.

Please note, you have to get verified (identity) to withdraw. This can take a day or two, but some people have issues and take several days. And then withdrawing supposedly can take a few weeks. Each withdrawal has a $25 charge. It's a wire transfer to your bank account.

I want to give you as much info as I can so you know what you're getting yourself into. I'll say that even with all that, I am still super confident in it and have invested about $1200 already.

Oh yeah, and the website for drops is buggy. Today's drop was supposed to be at noon PST, then pushed to 1pm PST, and now 5pm PST.

It gives you time to sign up if you're interested, but a lot of us are frustrated since we were waiting since 11:30 for this.

What assures a random person that all of the rare stuff doesn't drop into high rollers hands? I know they tend to have a history of everything from users to the cards themselves. High rollers can obviously buy them up after. But has anyone seen the same user 'open' a pack and find more than one high money card? Are bot accounts buying up more than their fair share?

Prices on packs range from what typically?
$9-$12 for common packs. Then I've seen $24 and $60 packs, and the more rare $230 packs. The NBA is a genius with this one. It's not about the moments. You can see those on YT. This is stockx mixed with sports cards, mixed with Robinhood, mixed with sports betting, mixed with lotto scratch Em's. Drop $100 other a chance at a lottery winner $100k 'moment' is worth the gamble for millions. I've been tempted. Is this in the works for other sports? It feels like it may be best to get in when they first release.

woody2626 woody2626 Common packs are $9 and contain three "moments." Today's pack is a little more special, it's $14 and it includes one "Cool Cats" card (limited to 10K circulation), and 4 common "moments."

If you collect all 5 of the "Cool Cats" cards dropping today, you'll get a free Anthony Davis one. I don't know how long you'll have to collect all 5, probably 2 weeks. You have to keep all 5 until you get your gift. You can sell them afterwards (obviously prices will drop after).

I'm going to try and collect the 5. Wish me luck!

Apologies to the regulars here who might have zero interest in this. Should we create a new thread? Or is this okay? I'm just so dang excited about it.

I like regular cards but they're so difficult to obtain right now. I enjoy seeing your cards though, that's why I joined in the first place. This Top Shot thing just happened to come into my world right at the same time I joined this thread.

Thanks for the info guys. I have been following it for a couple months but just didn’t ever see any information regarding packs etc.

anyone going after certified Wednesday?

Last edited:
Hate myself for wanting to build that Project 70 set. Definitely not for future value, but the artists involved are dope...

Back
Top Bottom