Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

^So dope man. I blew it and didnt get Ichiro. Literally had it in my cart and said "what am I doing getting this? This is dumb." and didnt buy it. This Frank was my first and I love it. Just got the regular one though.

I went bananas today. Picked up 2 boxes of 2020 Score Football and a box of 2016 Topps Chrome Baseball.

Got several nice hits in Score, including my first 1 of 1 ever.

But the Chrome.......gosh damn it......

IMG_20200607_153339.jpg

Rookie, auto, blue refractor. :wow:

Expired. :stoneface:

For me, I want to know what is the best NFL, NBA (and MLB too, why not) packs I should look for at my LCS?

So many different sub releases under each brand, just want to know what packs ya'll experienced card collectors would look for?

Looking to bust open some packs with my son

For me, I want to know what is the best NFL, NBA (and MLB too, why not) packs I should look for at my LCS?

So many different sub releases under each brand, just want to know what packs ya'll experienced card collectors would look for?

Looking to bust open some packs with my son
football I like illusions, optic, Obsidian, prizm, unparelleled, Spectra, phoenix. There are a few more I like but can't think of them right now. 2017 and 2018 football is :pimp:
I skip premier, leaf ,score, sage

Baseball 2017 and 2018. These are the best years for rookies. Too many to list on which one to buy for but i would start off with chrome or topps update and see if you like it. Baseball has all kind of short prints, variations and such to look for on cards. Cardboardconnection can help you. But if I had to chose one 2018>2017

football I like illusions, optic, Obsidian, prizm, unparelleled, Spectra, phoenix. There are a few more I like but can't think of them right now. 2017 and 2018 football is :pimp:
I skip premier, leaf ,score, sage

Baseball 2017 and 2018. These are the best years for rookies. Too many to list on which one to buy for but i would start off with chrome or topps update and see if you like it. Baseball has all kind of short prints, variations and such to look for on cards. Cardboardconnection can help you. But if I had to chose one 2018>2017

thanks brotha!

1of1 card shop keeps it fun, the guy gets super excited for good cards and has full blown discussions with people watching. they just raised all their prices though by like 30%

1of1 is a joke. His prices are absolutely awful. I have seen him charge sometimes twice as much for breaks as others. My suggestion from someone who has been involved with breaks for years is stick to the big boys. Right now I wont break with anyone but Layton, Mojo or Jaspys's.

1of1 is a joke. His prices are absolutely awful. I have seen him charge sometimes twice as much for breaks as others. My suggestion from someone who has been involved with breaks for years is stick to the big boys. Right now I wont break with anyone but Layton, Mojo or Jaspys's.

Yup. thats relatively recent though, they were pretty reasonable a few months back. Never looked into any of those, I’ll have to check it out

So here is what I mean about 1of1.
His price for a one box break of Prizm retail right now is $17 per team selling 30 spots. That equals out to $510 for all spots sold.

The thing is someone could go buy that same box right now for only $329. The big time legit breakers don’t do this garbage.
62068661-B60D-4E2F-ADB1-E69501B56699.jpeg

$5500 on 4 box NT case for the Pelicans. $2500 for the Griz.

Imagine walking away with nothing. NOTHING!

Can someone put an old man on what a break is?

On a sliding scale you pick a team and break a box.

For instance I have 6 boxes
300 Pelicans
250 Knicks
280 Grizz
180 Lakers
Etc

You only get the cards of the team you picked/paid for from those 6 boxes

Last edited:
Can someone put an old man on what a break is?

YouTube some breaks at your own risk.

I've seen some incredible stuff. They skim straight thru the commons searching the serial numbered cards, Auto's and jerseys. They don't open 1-2 boxes tho, they bust cases.

if I’m buying a box/entire case best believe I’m tearing them open/breaking them myself. Unless they offer a discount for breaking for you online I don’t see the point.

Thing is most people cant afford a box nowadays let alone a case so it's a much cheaper way for them to take a shot at big hits. It's basically playing the lottery.

I do jump in a break once in a while when I think it has some good value, but in 2020 that's rare and it actually takes some knowledge of specific products to really be able to determine that.

Thing is most people cant afford a box nowadays let alone a case so it's a much cheaper way for them to take a shot at big hits. It's basically playing the lottery.

I do jump in a break once in a while when I think it has some good value, but in 2020 that's rare and it actually takes some knowledge of specific products to really be able to determine that.

That page mentions personal box breaks and you can buy a box for yourself and have them break it live online. Apparently it saves on shipping? But I want the rush of tearing open a pack and the agony of getting nothing but base crap :lol:

Back
Top Bottom