Anyone deep fry a turkey before? Tailgate Time!

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

don't throw it in frozen
use peanut oil
do not inject it, (tastes terrible)
WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?!  How you gonna get the seasoning into the meat then???  I don't want none of your bland %#@ fried turkey.
laugh.gif

- Preciate it.

don't throw it in frozen
use peanut oil
WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?!  How you gonna get the seasoning into the meat then???  I don't want none of your bland %#@ fried turkey.
laugh.gif

- Preciate it.

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

don't throw it in frozen
use peanut oil
laugh.gif

- Preciate it.

because it sounds like a good idea but really (mostly) people mess it up and you just have little spots of seasoning everywhere. 

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

don't throw it in frozen
use peanut oil
laugh.gif

- Preciate it.

because it sounds like a good idea but really (mostly) people mess it up and you just have little spots of seasoning everywhere. 

^ I feel you...you gotta make sure you inject it thoroughly...I usually inject mine, let it sit about 15 minutes and inject it again before I put it in the grease.  When mine comes out and I cut it, the meat has a slight orange tint to it from the injection.  When you see that, that's when you KNOW it's about to go down.
laugh.gif

- Preciate it.

^ I feel you...you gotta make sure you inject it thoroughly...I usually inject mine, let it sit about 15 minutes and inject it again before I put it in the grease.  When mine comes out and I cut it, the meat has a slight orange tint to it from the injection.  When you see that, that's when you KNOW it's about to go down.
laugh.gif

- Preciate it.

Last thanksgiving we got deep fried happy and deep fried pork chops and ribs. Finger lickin good!

Last thanksgiving we got deep fried happy and deep fried pork chops and ribs. Finger lickin good!

I'm just mad you get to go to the game that night. I just hope you are careful cooking it, I've heard some bad stories. Don't kill our Jets man! j/k. I hope it turns out right and enjoy the game.

I'm just mad you get to go to the game that night. I just hope you are careful cooking it, I've heard some bad stories. Don't kill our Jets man! j/k. I hope it turns out right and enjoy the game.

My family fried one a couple years ago and it was delicious. Since then we do one turkey the traditional way and one fried. The fried one always get eaten up first.
pimp.gif

My family fried one a couple years ago and it was delicious. Since then we do one turkey the traditional way and one fried. The fried one always get eaten up first.
pimp.gif

If you're tailgaiting...

I would roast it in a bag (keeps it moist)
then cut it up into pieces then deep fry the pieces there to heat them up and crisp up the skin.

If you're tailgaiting...

I would roast it in a bag (keeps it moist)
then cut it up into pieces then deep fry the pieces there to heat them up and crisp up the skin.

never had fried turkey. we smoke ours every year. are there any restaurants that sell fried turkey on their menu? i wanna try it.

never had fried turkey. we smoke ours every year. are there any restaurants that sell fried turkey on their menu? i wanna try it.

Back
Top Bottom