anyone done door dash/uber eats as a second gig?

my hours were recently cut at my other job. being a student I need my hours for extra expenses. Anyone tried uber eats or door dash as a second gig? been thinking about it.any tips or advice appreciated.

I do ubereats. If you're selective about the trips you accept, it can be lucrative. There's a subreddit for it, it will tell you all you need to know.

Co-worker signed up, said the application process was under 20 mins and she was approved the next day. She did it on a Saturday (day off) and made $200. :wow:

She's a White Chick though so she may have gotten tips based on that (though she's 40, has dark circles under her eyes and smokes a pack of cigarettes a day....on a scale of 1 to 10 she is a 5 though she has a cute girly voice that may "hypnotize" you into thinking she's a 7)

She ended up quitting our job the next week after, when I ran into her she said the work was consistent even during the week. In the delivery industry it seems the amount of orders greatly outnumber the amount of drivers able to fulfill them. Remember most millennials don't drive so this is only going to continue to get bigger. And also they live at home/with roommates past age 30 so they have the disposable income to afford $5 lattes from.Starbucks and Chicken Sandwiches from Popeyes and Chick Fil A.

As for my coworker, disaster struck and she is now homeless begging on GoFundMe. Her car got impounded while she was out doing deliveries cause she had gotten a ticket months earlier but didn't go to court cause she couldn't afford to miss a days work and it turned out they suspended her license. Same female paid $400 of her boyfriends past due child support, only to find out he'd be stuck in jail another month due to repeated probation violations and failure to appears...:frown:

my hours were recently cut at my other job. being a student I need my hours for extra expenses. Anyone tried uber eats or door dash as a second gig? been thinking about it.any tips or advice appreciated.
Look for the surge pricing, thats when its really worth it. Rainy days, snow, lunch time, dinner time, promos. If they giving out coupons or codes.

You can see how far youll go and how much youll get so you can decide if its worth it, but to start off id just accept everything to kinda "build up" your profile. If you start off declining a lot youll get less good fares.

When nature calls, it’ll have people doing the most desperate of things.

It’s not like you can knock on random peoples doors and ask if you can use their bathroom.

To be fair, ive had to go bad sometimes but ive never doodoo'd in someones lobby.

there's gotta be a better place than the busiest part of a building

Don’t mean to hijack thread, but I always wondered where taxi drivers go to do they biz. Especially in nyc. Hotel restrooms I assume?

Don’t mean to hijack thread, but I always wondered where taxi drivers go to do they biz. Especially in nyc. Hotel restrooms I assume?
Gas stn, fast food joints etc. Pee bottles also.

I know London had a big problem with this cuz dudes were throwing the pee bottles out the window so that **** was all over the city.

Instacart is way better money than both. More work but hey. I've seen signup bonuses up to $2k depending on the city so check on that before signing up.

Been doing doordash for the past 4 years and... I'm counting the days I'm done with this ****. Sure you can pull $300 on a sunday if you work 12-14 hours, but the whole gig market needs to change.

Instacart is way better money than both. More work but hey. I've seen signup bonuses up to $2k depending on the city so check on that before signing up.
I did cornershop back when they had guaranteed bonuses and promos and ****. Was worth it then, but once they cut out the promos was meh. You just had to "work" a certain time period but in that timeframe you might only do 3 deliveries or it might be 10. It was like guaranteed 200 for 4hrs, plus whatever u make on deliveries plus tips. So id get paid to listen to a podcast lol cuz some days was sloooow. Funny cuz that grocery store, 90% of the people in there were doing the same thing. Id see everyone with the phone out on the app

Back
Top Bottom