Anyone else an extroverted loner?

I realize my expectations of life have been spoiled too much by books and film.  I am quite extroverted, but realized the day to day conversations we have are very mundane to me.  I don't like meeting new people because it is so hard to get to that comfort feeling where you are just flowing in a conversation.  I always feel very awkward around people, like I am on stage.  Granted, I'm a great actor so in general people don't see this from me.  I watch a great documentary, television show, or read a great book and then I have that terrible see someone in a hallway conversation.  It's just terrible.  I realize as I get older that in general I don't like a lot of people.  I used to think it was great to meet people that had different interests etc.  However, I realize that there is really one exact personality archetype of person I get along with really well.  Unfortunately, it's the same with girls for me.  I do just fine opening and chatting them up, but can never seem to make that emotional connection with them where it goes any further.  Unless they have a flirty, can bring conversation and tit for tat convo to the table, I have a hard time having a conversation with them.  I feel like my life in one long awesome Seinfeld episode, and everyone better have something hilarious to say at all times.

I realize my expectations of life have been spoiled too much by books and film.  I am quite extroverted, but realized the day to day conversations we have are very mundane to me.  I don't like meeting new people because it is so hard to get to that comfort feeling where you are just flowing in a conversation.  I always feel very awkward around people, like I am on stage.  Granted, I'm a great actor so in general people don't see this from me.  I watch a great documentary, television show, or read a great book and then I have that terrible see someone in a hallway conversation.  It's just terrible.  I realize as I get older that in general I don't like a lot of people.  I used to think it was great to meet people that had different interests etc.  However, I realize that there is really one exact personality archetype of person I get along with really well.  Unfortunately, it's the same with girls for me.  I do just fine opening and chatting them up, but can never seem to make that emotional connection with them where it goes any further.  Unless they have a flirty, can bring conversation and tit for tat convo to the table, I have a hard time having a conversation with them.  I feel like my life in one long awesome Seinfeld episode, and everyone better have something hilarious to say at all times.

(o_O) An extroverted loner?
Most of us (it seems) are introverts so you're a pretty rare species 'round these parts my friend.I do relate to the portion of your post where you touched on not really liking a lot of people as you get older though.I can only vibe with a few.

(o_O) An extroverted loner?
Most of us (it seems) are introverts so you're a pretty rare species 'round these parts my friend.I do relate to the portion of your post where you touched on not really liking a lot of people as you get older though.I can only vibe with a few.

i too am a social misanthrope. people just don't understand the concepts of extroverted wallflowers. there are people like you out there. don't feel bad about it

i too am a social misanthrope. people just don't understand the concepts of extroverted wallflowers. there are people like you out there. don't feel bad about it

Idk I'm extrovert, have friends but I hate hangin with the same people all the time. No trouble sparking conversation but
I just haaaaatttteeee being around anyone. I feel like people are so irrational and unorganized in their lives and mind that I just can't meld. It's painful when I'm out with people, but I guess I just need that balance between spending time alone, which by far is the best way of living. People have a tendency of dissapointing other people, so being by myself I find there is no one to bring my moral down

Idk I'm extrovert, have friends but I hate hangin with the same people all the time. No trouble sparking conversation but
I just haaaaatttteeee being around anyone. I feel like people are so irrational and unorganized in their lives and mind that I just can't meld. It's painful when I'm out with people, but I guess I just need that balance between spending time alone, which by far is the best way of living. People have a tendency of dissapointing other people, so being by myself I find there is no one to bring my moral down

Originally Posted by bns1201

this is me down to the last letter in your post.

I feel you. I'm almost exactly like this... I used to have a close circle of friends but I don't even have that anymore and I think it's because I'm this way. Now I'm at a point where I want close friends (true friends) but I don't even know how to go about doing so.

I feel you. I'm almost exactly like this... I used to have a close circle of friends but I don't even have that anymore and I think it's because I'm this way. Now I'm at a point where I want close friends (true friends) but I don't even know how to go about doing so.

Co-sign.
I'm not a quiet dude around people, usually I become the center of the room, but it gets bothersome.

Co-sign.
I'm not a quiet dude around people, usually I become the center of the room, but it gets bothersome.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

me too. i love my close circle of friends to death, but its become too repetitive for me. i cant stand being with them for more than 2-3 hours now without wanting to go do something else.

me too. i love my close circle of friends to death, but its become too repetitive for me. i cant stand being with them for more than 2-3 hours now without wanting to go do something else.

Back
Top Bottom