Anyone else annoyed by the little amount of ppl that speak english nowadays?

this thread has my name all over it.. literally 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Originally Posted by jumpman247

You really can't speak English that well either.

damn you heard my voice? coulda sworn i typed that out..hmm
I'm really sure you type how you talk 
smile.gif
cuz you live wit me right?
laugh.gif

jesus theres no such this as being able to distinguish when u need to use proper english and when u can use slang?

what yall think when imma type my research paper imma type like this?

and when im bout to present it in front of the class imma use slang?
tired.gif
So you can speak properly but choose not to?

Originally Posted by Essential1

Maybe since they are in America.. They should speak the official language.. Ohhhhhhhhhhh that's right, there isn't one.. People can speak whatever the hell they want... It will be an issue trying to get around but English is not the official language so ahhh well..
If you are working at a job that requires you to communicate with the public then you better know how to speak English

For people who don't want to learn English there are many jobs that don't require knowing it, like working in the field or warehouses

bottom line is no one needs to know how to speak English, but if you are working at a job that deals with the public, like food services, then you better know how to speak English or find another line of work

tal vez necesitas aprender espanol.

the only thing that bothers me is when people make NO ATTEMPT to speak english.  i've been in their situation, lived in ecuador and know what it's like to not be familiar with a language.  but at least try to learn it.

laugh.gif
I be at work and people just straight up come up to me and start speakin spanish...im stittin there lookin lost...then they start lookin at me dumb like im supposed to know what the hell they sayin...I also went to Wendys the other day...and NOBODY spoke good english(hell not even semi-alright)...i was just amazed at how they manage to run this place with people who cant understand simple english...they straight %##%++ up my order and then i ask for some barbque sauce...dude nods his head and proceeds to put ketchup in the bag...
roll.gif
...I couldnt even be mad...

Maybe its cuz im in texas...but i just dont get this...is it like this up north?
1454018245_5986b5e6c1.jpg

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by Essential1

Maybe since they are in America.. They should speak the official language.. Ohhhhhhhhhhh that's right, there isn't one.. People can speak whatever the hell they want... It will be an issue trying to get around but English is not the official language so ahhh well..
If you are working at a job that requires you to communicate with the public then you better know how to speak English

For people who don't want to learn English there are many jobs that don't require knowing it, like working in the field or warehouses

bottom line is no one needs to know how to speak English, but if you are working at a job that deals with the public, like food services, then you better know how to speak English or find another line of work

I agree with this to an extent.  In the end the job can hire whoever they want but if I ran the place and I lived in an area where there wasn't many hispanic people I would have them do the behind work and try to limit their customer interaction if they didn't speak much english  but if the place was in a primarily hispanic area they can get by with having the person not speak much english.

If you wanna live here and be accepted learn english it should be required that before you can be a citizen you must be able to fluently speak english that can be understood by most people. I work at finishline and I hate when mexicans come in and cant speak enligsh or have their kid translate for them. pisses me off.

Originally Posted by wren32

If you wanna live here and be accepted learn english it should be required that before you can be a citizen you must be able to fluently speak english that can be understood by most people. I work at finishline and I hate when mexicans come in and cant speak enligsh or have their kid translate for them. pisses me off.
Its hard for grown men and women to just learn to speak a language fluently. But they should learn enough to get by. I work at a TJ Maxx in Arizona and when kids translate for their parents I just let it go. What pisses me off is when the kids english is just as bad as their parents

You complain that people can't speak perfect english but you type like a 5 year old on a leapfrog.

Get some perspective guy.

leapfrog-clickstart.jpg

laugh.gif
I be at work and people just straight up come up to me and start speakin spanish...im stittin there lookin lost...then they start lookin at me dumb like im supposed to know what the hell they sayin...I also went to Wendys the other day...and NOBODY spoke good english(hell not even semi-alright)...i was just amazed at how they manage to run this place with people who cant understand simple english...they straight %##%++ up my order and then i ask for some barbque sauce...dude nods his head and proceeds to put ketchup in the bag...
roll.gif
...I couldnt even be mad...

Maybe its cuz im in texas...but i just dont get this...is it like this up north?

alien.gif

jesus theres no such this as being able to distinguish when u need to use proper english and when u can use slang?

No. There is no such THIS.

I don't think you should be annoyed. I'd take your experience as good news that America is becoming more of a melting pot. Even if English becomes the dominant language, Spanish and all the other world languages should still be preserved. Not to mention, if everyone else in the world has to learn English, why can't we take the time to learn their languages?

i'm mad that all these people who can't speak a lick of english are getting jobs while I'm struggling my @$! off just to get a call back. I'M MAD!

Minimum wage isn't gonna motivate anyone to learn anymore English than they're already getting by with, just saying.

Back
Top Bottom