Anyone else feel like things have changed?..

EDIT: Thanks for the responses from EVERYONE. This really wasn't meant to be bragging in any way but I appreciate the advice! 
smile.gif

people look at me like im a tard when i prefer not to go to some lame %!+ party and stay in the crib

Azndood21 wrote:

This chick i know from HS just invited me to a rave & i said yes. i asked her if she was gonna drop/roll (wutever the term is) and she's basically like duhh. ionno !+% is going on but it's like things have completely flipped. i get laughed cause i'd rather chill at the crib, sip some beers/wine, and just chill on a friday night. these girls saying im boring as hell now..

Easy smash! I've been to a lot of raves, do work son! On that note do what YOU want. If you want to focus on your life don't feel bad about securing a nice future for yourself. Of course if you feel like you've been stressed and overworked there is nothing wrong with releasing some of that and going out to have some fun every once in a while. Partying every weekend isn't even fun imo, I go out maybe once a month. 

Originally Posted by Azndood21

I've recently noticed how quickly things have flipped among people i know..
Throughout middle school & high school I was a lil bad +#$ kid, straight C's & D's every report card. I graduated high school a semester late with an overall gpa of 1.6. I used to get into fights, slang, get suspended, shoplift, get arrested, smoke trees + cigs, get drunk, etc.

Hella people i know in high school that were considered more "dorky" were always like damn this dude isn't going anywhere in life. they would get straight A's & B's and never party.

After HS they all went to 4 year universities while i moved out of the area and went to a CC. I worked my +#$ off for 2 years and transferred to a top 50. I spent 2 years there and graduated on time with a 3.6. getting good grades & making $ became the only 2 things that were important for a while.

I've moved back home for about 6 months now and it's crazy when i run into people i knew from HS. a lot of them are SUPER into getting trashed, going to raves, going clubbing every thursday, fri, sat.. I've reconnected with a few & i wont even lie, they got me feeling like i'm a loser lol. They're all trying to get wasted as much as they can im on the side like "naah i dont really drink like that".

This chick i know from HS just invited me to a rave & i said yes. i asked her if she was gonna drop/roll (wutever the term is) and she's basically like duhh. ionno !+% is going on but it's like things have completely flipped. i get laughed cause i'd rather chill at the crib, sip some beers/wine, and just chill on a friday night. these girls saying im boring as hell now..

Does anyone else feel like this or do i just need to go & wild out?? i'm 22 and these people got me feeling like im 40. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Humble brag thread in disguise.

I used to get into fights, slang, get suspended, shoplift, get arrested, smoke trees + cigs, get drunk, etc.

fights and slang eh? sounds like you were a bad $!* my man

what are you fishing for compliments on you growing up being a man and doing what your SUPPOSED to be doing? Grow up

(whiny voice) anyone feel like things have changed? (/whiny voice)

dudes like you kill me. the dbag all through school and your adolesence and then when you grow up you wanna have a mature conversation about how "you've changed" or receive recognition for being the one out of five that makes it out of the degenerate $!* arrested development $!* crew you used to run with.

I laugh at you dudes because your just NOW GETTING IT.

Originally Posted by megatron

Throughout middle school & high school I was a lil bad +#$ kid, straight C's & D's every report card. I graduated high school a semester late with an overall gpa of 1.6. I used to get into fights, slang, get suspended, shoplift, get arrested, smoke trees + cigs, get drunk, etc.

Hella people i know in high school that were considered more "dorky" were always like damn this dude isn't going anywhere in life. they would get straight A's & B's and never party.

After HS they all went to 4 year universities while i moved out of the area and went to a CC. I worked my +#$ off for 2 years and transferred to a top 50. I spent 2 years there and graduated on time with a 3.6. getting good grades & making $ became the only 2 things that were important for a while.

I've moved back home for about 6 months now and it's crazy when i run into people i knew from HS. a lot of them are SUPER into getting trashed, going to raves, going clubbing every thursday, fri, sat.. I've reconnected with a few & i wont even lie, they got me feeling like i'm a loser lol. They're all trying to get wasted as much as they can im on the side like "naah i dont really drink like that".

Does anyone else feel like this or do i just need to go & wild out?? i'm 22 and these people got me feeling like im 40. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Humble brag thread in disguise.
-__-" really wasn't my intentions at all.
I really just wanna see if other people feel the need to go out when they don't want to just b/c the majority of individuals our age do.

I’m the same way OP, everyone i know calls me boring, co-workers, family, friends, I turn down going out and partying for a quiet night in watching a movie or straight chilling, for me that life of going out every weekend isn’t appealing anymore, I see it as a waste of time.

Nah son. I stay getting good grades and go out regularly on the weekends.
pimp.gif

There's never a bad time to socialize and build relationships. A weekend out might seem minute at the moment, but in the end, it's those small outings with people that help create a network of friends.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
If you're making money.... why move back?
Move on. New City. New life. New opportunities.

I went through the same thing going from Oakland to LA.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Go out, be more social.
remember, you only have one life to live kid.

Yup.  You have the rest of your life to be married with kids and that's when you can spend your Fri/Sat nights watching Dora and Blue's Clues.  Till then... enjoy yourself and go out.  Have fun, meet people, have sex with random girls, experiment with drugs, get into fights, try different things, travel, etc... etc...  

The people that didn't do the stuff (drink and smoke) when they were younger are all just trying to do it now...

I grew up around my homies drinking and smoking in like middle school...I didn't do it becasue I knew my moms would kill me...

But everybody looked at them like they were crazy for doing drugs...5 years later everybody's trying to do it...

Im glad I grew up around it really...because if I didn't I would have came to college and tried to wild out...

Humble brag.  Congrats

You and your friends are basically at the same point in life just took different routes.  Go party and stop being lame.

Back
Top Bottom