Anyone else got this email about Macbook chargers?

https://www.adaptersettlement.com/

Did anyone else get this email about a settlement for the chargers? Ive replaced my charger about 3-4 times but they have always been under warranty so I never paid for anything. 

Does this settlement still apply to me or is it just for people who have purchased replacement chargers?

This is very convenient, my brothers macbook charger broke on him last week and I couldn't for the life of me remember what this was called cause I used it to replace my broken charger as well. Thanks OP

Probably went straight to my junk folder, but I've never had any problems with my chargers.

Originally Posted by downsouthstunna

Did anyone else get this email about a settlement for the chargers? Ive replaced my charger about 3-4 times but they have always been under warranty so I never paid for anything. 

Does this settlement still apply to me or is it just for people who have purchased replacement chargers?
It's only applies to people who purchased replacement chargers.
  1. WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM A CASH REFUND UNDER THE SETTLEMENT
    To qualify, you must be a United States resident who (1) is the original owner of an Apple MacBook or MacBook Pro computer listed here and/or (2) purchased a standalone 60W or 85W MagSafe MPM-1 (“T

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by downsouthstunna

It's only applies to people who purchased replacement chargers.
  1. WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM A CASH REFUND UNDER THE SETTLEMENT
    To qualify, you must be a United States resident who (1) is the original owner of an Apple MacBook or MacBook Pro computer listed here and/or (2) purchased a standalone 60W or 85W MagSafe MPM-1 (“T

I went through 2-3 chargers.
30t6p3b.gif

I stopped using the MacBook after the 2nd or 3rd charger, it's somewhere in my closet. I use the iMac or Sony Vaio now.

it's a scam. i brought that e-mail to the apple store and they said several people have been asking about it. unless it comes directly from apple themselves dont believe it. they are just trying to get your info by having you fill out the information online. dont do it

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

it's a scam. i brought that e-mail to the apple store and they said several people have been asking about it. unless it comes directly from apple themselves dont believe it. they are just trying to get your info by having you fill out the information online. dont do it

Word? 
kennybayless.gif

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57326192-263/apple-agrees-to-magsafe-power-adapter-settlement/
Apple's MagSafe connections for its laptop power adapters allows the connections to be quickly detached from systems, the benefits of which are obvious to anyone who has ever caught a foot in the power cord of a charging device and yanked it to the floor from its resting perch.

The MagSafe adapter is a great idea, but a number of people complained that its first iterations did have a couple of flaws that resulted in the cable getting twisted and bent (a situation called "strain relief"). In some instances this strain would cause the cable components to break and fray, resulting in the adapter shorting out and causing potentially unsafe conditions.

This problem was raised in a recent class action lawsuit against Apple, where instead of pursuing the lawsuit, Apple has decided to enter into the settlement and offer compensation for owners of these adapters.

The settlement is for any U.S. resident who is the original owner (by gift or direct purchase) of a MacBook or MacBook Pro system that shipped with either a 60W or 85W T-type adapter within the past three years. If your original power adapter is currently showing signs of wear around the connector, then Apple will replace the adapter for free. If you have already replaced your adapter, then Apple will compensate you for the cost, depending on the number of years you have owned the replacement adapter.

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_...gsafe-power-adapter-settlement/#ixzz1nja2BKoj

damn guess i got had by apple. i was told that by both managers on duty that day

A simple 10 second google search would have saved you the trouble of going to the apple store and getting owned by their workers

Back
Top Bottom