Anyone else notice that Samsung is killing the game...

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

They are doing well but they arent really innovating. They are just spec bumping, when you compare them to the likes of other consumer electronic giants like Apple and Sony they come up short in the innovation side.

k

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by megatron

I didn't notice due to everyone I see having an iphone 4.

This.

I rarely see samsungs.

I find it kind of fascinating how there are so many iphone users when technologically speaking iphones have never had the best specs. granted, (and im not one of these apple or *%+* type of people), the iphone 4 is a solid phone. the battery life out of the box was great, iOS is a great UI and the build quality of both the software and hardware is very good. aesthetically i love the design. (my prev phone was og droid). i think android competes more with the name Apple than just its iphone. Apple is so well established, and android is a multi platform OS so the user experience varies greatly depending on who u go with (htc, moto, samsung, etc).

also i think UI play a big part here and this is why samsung, moto, and HTC feel the need to skin android with their own crap. im glad google noticed this and is striving for a more streamlined experience with 4.0 and i personally can't wait for that nexus jumpoff. im glad samsung said f the touch wiz and lets go raw.

They are doing well but they arent really innovating. They are just spec bumping, when you compare them to the likes of other consumer electronic giants like Apple and Sony they come up short in the innovation side.
Not trying to turn this into a *vs* , but Apple are not exactly innovators. Don't get me wrong they have done some great stuff in the past. But recently they take ideas and make them more simple/user friendly.

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

Not trying to turn this into a *vs* , but Apple are not exactly innovators. Don't get me wrong they have done some great stuff in the past. But recently they take ideas and make them more simple/user friendly.

People like to think that. But take Siri for instance. Voice control has been around forever, but it has never been this good even before Apple bought it. Since I bought the iPhone on release date, I've typed out maybe 10% of my texts. Everything else Siri takes care of. It still blows my mind every time I use it. How you can talk so normally, don't have to memorize specific commands,

Every appointment on my calendar is from Siri. The accuracy is insane. It's awesome in the car over bluetooth.

Real life example, I'm making dinner and my hands are dirty. I get a text from my wife. I take the cleanest part of my little pinky to hold the home button, Siri comes up. I say, "tell my wife i'll call her in 10 minutes. Boom, text sent. Another text comes, "Siri read my texts.... Reply blah blah"... And I have a 5 text convo never touching more than the home button
pimp.gif

Photostream. Take a picture with my iPhone. 10 seconds later it's saved on my Macbook and can be viewed on my iPad. You don't realize how useful this is until you use it.

iTunes Sync. What other music program makes your illegally downloaded music legit with blessings from the record companies? What Apple continues to pull with music industry is crazy!

If that's not innovation, I don't know what is

Will be making the switch to Droid and will definitely get some sort of Samsung.

I been using the iPhone since the beginning and I'm really feeling the Nexus. Any word that it's dropping for AT&T?

Galaxy Nexus
pimp.gif
Got the chance to play with one yesterday, I was amazed. It's like a totally new and refined Android.

Getting the Galaxy Nexus to be my work line. (Only because it has baseline Ice Cream Sandwich on it and my Nexus One needs to be shot)

Have their TVs and monitors, waiting on the 55in 7 Series TV to ship to my house tomorrow.

Their HDs are stepping their game up as well. (hard drives)

So yeah I know they are killing the game.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

says Apple's global lawsuits against them for blatantly copying their technology

Apple are a buncha female dogs. It's obvious that they're threatened by Android, hence all of their lawsuits trying to keep them from further developing their technology. Apple sues Google, HTC, Motorola, Samsung over practically EVERYTHING.

Had a few samsung phones (my last being a Galaxy S) and they all sucked or had horrible battery life (Galaxy S would die within 5 hours). I've sworn off all Samsung phones.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by kiendienn

says Apple's global lawsuits against them for blatantly copying their technology

Apple are a buncha female dogs. It's obvious that they're threatened by Android, hence all of their lawsuits trying to keep them from further developing their technology. Apple sues Google, HTC, Motorola, Samsung over practically EVERYTHING.

No, they sue them over practically everything that they copy from Apple. And they're winning soooo that should tell you something.

Back
Top Bottom