Anyone else really enjoy being alone? Vol. Solo Dolo

It's starting to scare me how much I like being alone. I really look forward to the times where I get to just chief and watch my favorite shows/movies. Anyone else? Sometimes being with lots of people is just a hassle and stressful. It's a big reason why I dug Cudi so much last year... dude really describes the solo dolo lifestyle well.
IDK, maybe I just need therapy.

It's starting to scare me how much I like being alone. I really look forward to the times where I get to just chief and watch my favorite shows/movies. Anyone else? Sometimes being with lots of people is just a hassle and stressful. It's a big reason why I dug Cudi so much last year... dude really describes the solo dolo lifestyle well.
IDK, maybe I just need therapy.

Its appreciated but i also need to talk to people or the first person i talk to will not be let off the phone so easily
laugh.gif

Its appreciated but i also need to talk to people or the first person i talk to will not be let off the phone so easily
laugh.gif

co-sign with you homie......

i'd say 4 out of 7 days, i just love doing my own thing:

-run all my errands / clean up
-go shopping for whatever necessities (groceries, etc.)
-work out in solitude or work on the b-ball game
-watch all your favorite shows w/o any interruptions / side-comments
-read
-just chill at the pad and do whatever you feel like

i feel like productivity skyrockets when you're by yourself and not having to work around someone's schedule or around what they want to do

co-sign with you homie......

i'd say 4 out of 7 days, i just love doing my own thing:

-run all my errands / clean up
-go shopping for whatever necessities (groceries, etc.)
-work out in solitude or work on the b-ball game
-watch all your favorite shows w/o any interruptions / side-comments
-read
-just chill at the pad and do whatever you feel like

i feel like productivity skyrockets when you're by yourself and not having to work around someone's schedule or around what they want to do

i was gonna make this thread earlier...

i LOVE being alone...if you're not my bf don't bother me...

i dont go to other peoples houses...dont come to mine

i didnt do sleepovers like that when i was younger...

if you have something for us to go out and do cool but to just sit around and kick it? im good

i can get up and go when i want and come back home when i want...with other people its just to much

i dont even like to talk on the phone just send me a text

i've gone to movies alone, concerts, shopping i would vacation but thats just not safe for a female

i'm very social but i just enjoy being by myself so much more...

when i get my own apt. w/o a roommate i'll probably go a few days w/o talking
laugh.gif

i was gonna make this thread earlier...

i LOVE being alone...if you're not my bf don't bother me...

i dont go to other peoples houses...dont come to mine

i didnt do sleepovers like that when i was younger...

if you have something for us to go out and do cool but to just sit around and kick it? im good

i can get up and go when i want and come back home when i want...with other people its just to much

i dont even like to talk on the phone just send me a text

i've gone to movies alone, concerts, shopping i would vacation but thats just not safe for a female

i'm very social but i just enjoy being by myself so much more...

when i get my own apt. w/o a roommate i'll probably go a few days w/o talking
laugh.gif

As long as you can still enjoy and be around people/friends/family, then there's nothing "wrong" with it to me. A lot of people either don't know how to spend large amounts of time alone, or simply dislike it to the point that they go out of their way to always have company. It's relaxing to just eat a quiet meal, watch a movie in peace, enjoy watching sports, reading, etc.

At the end of the day, it's whatever makes you happy and your well being is top priority. If you prefer to be alone most of the time rather than in groups, go for it. But it's certainly healthy and good to every now and then go out of your comfort zone if that's the case.

As long as you can still enjoy and be around people/friends/family, then there's nothing "wrong" with it to me. A lot of people either don't know how to spend large amounts of time alone, or simply dislike it to the point that they go out of their way to always have company. It's relaxing to just eat a quiet meal, watch a movie in peace, enjoy watching sports, reading, etc.

At the end of the day, it's whatever makes you happy and your well being is top priority. If you prefer to be alone most of the time rather than in groups, go for it. But it's certainly healthy and good to every now and then go out of your comfort zone if that's the case.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Well put. I have a legit anxiety thing going on, so you're right, it is important for me to challenge myself and be a little uncomfortable; otherwise I'll just end up chilling in mom's basement. I feel good about it though, I'm living away from home and doing my own thing. 
Regardless, I love:

- grocery shopping by myself... it's like a challenge and big mental game to stay under your budget and still get good stuff 
nerd.gif

- cooking

- go for a run and just think

- watching sports alone eating a good meal

- shooting baskets alone @%@*+... there's nothing more therapeutic for me 
happy.gif

- sitting outside on a porch with a solo beer/cig/j

Sometimes I do have a big urge to hang out with someone. I'd still rather keep it a small hangout rather than something like a big club.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Well put. I have a legit anxiety thing going on, so you're right, it is important for me to challenge myself and be a little uncomfortable; otherwise I'll just end up chilling in mom's basement. I feel good about it though, I'm living away from home and doing my own thing. 
Regardless, I love:

- grocery shopping by myself... it's like a challenge and big mental game to stay under your budget and still get good stuff 
nerd.gif

- cooking

- go for a run and just think

- watching sports alone eating a good meal

- shooting baskets alone @%@*+... there's nothing more therapeutic for me 
happy.gif

- sitting outside on a porch with a solo beer/cig/j

Sometimes I do have a big urge to hang out with someone. I'd still rather keep it a small hangout rather than something like a big club.

I agree with you on most of the things. Shopping alone is just quicker and easier. Cooking usually is the same thing.

I've often chosen to watch a game by myself because A. I'll have the best seat, B. hear everything that's going on, and C. not have to deal with drunk/stupid people.

Some things are just better or different in a good way by yourself. It's also just a nice change of pace.

I agree with you on most of the things. Shopping alone is just quicker and easier. Cooking usually is the same thing.

I've often chosen to watch a game by myself because A. I'll have the best seat, B. hear everything that's going on, and C. not have to deal with drunk/stupid people.

Some things are just better or different in a good way by yourself. It's also just a nice change of pace.

Back
Top Bottom