Anyone ever get ridiculous kinds of luck?

On thursday got a refund check from Allstate for 2 Gs. They said they had been overcharging me for the last two years. I have no idea how but
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 36hypno

On thursday got a refund check from Allstate for 2 Gs. They said they had been overcharging me for the last two years. I have no idea how but
pimp.gif
Wow!

My life is luck. My parents were refugees in the Philippines during the Vietnam War. They stayed in refugee camps when my mom was trying to deliver me. Mymom's water broke right on the dirty sand with bottles and trash all over the ground. My mom saw that and decided to clamp down on me. So my mother wasvery anxious and didn't know what to do. She was walking around anxiously like a chicken with her head cut off. Unluckily, this nun sees my mom andask," what's the matter" She told the nun, " My water just broke, and I'm need to have my baby." The nun asks my mom," Are youCatholic?" My Mom said, "No" , and the nun told her " We can't help you if you're not Catholic." By this time my mom hascarried me in her womb from 2am since her water broke to 11pm at night. There was no more water for me to come out, and the whole camp was thinking my mom andI were both going to die. Here's where the luck comes in.

This doctor was about to leave the camp, and he stumbled on my mom. He heard the story and was really worried for me and my mom.
The doctor brought my mom to the hospital and gave her anesthesia, cut her open and there I was. When I first came out, my parents thought I was a malnutritionretarded baby because of the way I look. The doctor later said it was because my mom clamped down when I was coming out that my facial structure got effected.Luckily over night, everything healed. My mom said all the nurses and doctors thought I was the cutest healthy baby. They gave my parents pillows and blankets(that was very valuable, considering you get nothing in the refugee camps.) My mom later told me, some nurses wanted to buy me from my parents. They justthought I was so cute. Luckily they didn't adopt me because I'm as ugly and stupid as they come.

So yeah, that's my story on how luck was on my side even at the beginning of my life. I almost died two more times as a baby, from a naval infection andcouldn't drink any milk, but that's an even longer story. My career right now is all based on luck too.

With all the luck that has happen to me, I know for sure I won't win the lottery, but I still play.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

My life is luck. My parents were refugees in the Philippines during the Vietnam War. They stayed in refugee camps when my mom was trying to deliver me. My mom's water broke right on the dirty sand with bottles and trash all over the ground. My mom saw that and decided to clamp down on me. So my mother was very anxious and didn't know what to do. She was walking around anxiously like a chicken with her head cut off. Unluckily, this nun sees my mom and ask," what's the matter" She told the nun, " My water just broke, and I'm need to have my baby." The nun asks my mom," Are you Catholic?" My Mom said, "No" , and the nun told her " We can't help you if you're not Catholic." By this time my mom has carried me in her womb from 2am since her water broke to 11pm at night. There was no more water for me to come out, and the whole camp was thinking my mom and I were both going to die. Here's where the luck comes in.

This doctor was about to leave the camp, and he stumbled on my mom. He heard the story and was really worried for me and my mom.
The doctor brought my mom to the hospital and gave her anesthesia, cut her open and there I was. When I first came out, my parents thought I was a malnutrition ******ed baby because of the way I look. The doctor later said it was because my mom clamped down when I was coming out that my facial structure got effected. Luckily over night, everything healed. My mom said all the nurses and doctors thought I was the cutest healthy baby. They gave my parents pillows and blankets( that was very valuable, considering you get nothing in the refugee camps.) My mom later told me, some nurses wanted to buy me from my parents. They just thought I was so cute. Luckily they didn't adopt me because I'm as ugly and stupid as they come.

So yeah, that's my story on how luck was on my side even at the beginning of my life. I almost died two more times as a baby, from a naval infection and couldn't drink any milk, but that's an even longer story. My career right now is all based on luck too.

With all the luck that has happen to me, I know for sure I won't win the lottery, but I still play.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
Your mom > Kobe

Originally Posted by 18key

Backstory: At work today, the final day the company is open for business, my manager finds a pair of DS Jordan 8 retros. They're priced at $135 (retail) right? No, he got them for $13
eek.gif
Point: Anyone ever get ******ed amounts of luck? Doesnt need to be about sneakers, just anything.
I cant remember ever having any high amount of luck, unless you count not being involved in a car crash for the past 5 years I've been driving.

sounds more like a ripoff, i hope you meant 6s

I get strings of pretty good luck followed by pretty bad luck, so it pretty much evens out for me. Nothing amazing or awful, so I guess I'm okay with that.

+9,000 for Bloc Party as well. My second favorite band.

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Don't ask how, but last Saturday I happened to get a hold of a full size run on the Toro Raging DMP.

Meaning I have sizes from 9.5 - 13.
laugh.gif

i want in on the next heist my man.

aint no luck about it, it is what it is.

Now getting 3 royal flushes in one game is a ridiculous amount of luck the odds of hitting one are 649,739 : 1

Poker Luck? I sit with A-5 suited two people that act before me are holding pocket J's and 7's respectively. Flop comes out A-A-A. I'm doing mydamndest to keep a
indifferent.gif
face to not give anything away. Guy withJ's acts first. "All in..." "@%@+ yeah!" I yell in my head while keeping that
indifferent.gif
face. Guy with 7's is next and goes "hmmm All in..." Ibreak silence and start laughing at this point and yell "ALL IN" and flip over the Quads.
roll.gif
pimp.gif
Came out with about 500$ that night which was a big deal to me as I was a high school sophomore.

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

Poker Luck? I sit with A-5 suited two people that act before me are holding pocket J's and 7's respectively. Flop comes out A-A-A. I'm doing my damndest to keep a
indifferent.gif
face to not give anything away. Guy with J's acts first. "All in..." "@%@+ yeah!" I yell in my head while keeping that
indifferent.gif
face. Guy with 7's is next and goes "hmmm All in..." I break silence and start laughing at this point and yell "ALL IN" and flip over the Quads.
roll.gif
pimp.gif
Came out with about 500$ that night which was a big deal to me as I was a high school sophomore.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you can't ask for a better deck than that,

found 80 bucks and i went to wal-mart to buy something with it and found 95 in the change dispencer thingy in the self checkout line
someone was probably hella salty about leaving that

Every now and then I come across some luck...

One day while doing some errands I came across about $400 in a coin purse on the floor
Another day, out in the woods found a wallet with about $350
And for some reason (don't have F.A.) I get refund checks every semester
pimp.gif

I've had small amounts of luck here and there. But probably my biggest stroke of luck was when my car was fine despite a hit and run.

I park my car on the side of the curb in front of my house every night. So I wake up one morning to someone knocking on my door... it was some random lady whosaid she was going to work and saw this obvious drunk driver crashing to into curbs and street signs. She calls the cops and follows the drunk driver for fearof someone dying. The drunk lady ends up ramming into the back of my parked car and takes off. My car is slid forward more than 10 feet.

The lucky parts of the situation:
- Since I park with my e-brake on with my car in neutral (it's a manual), when my car slid forward, my transmission was not damaged at all.

- My trunk was a little pushed in and my rear bumper had some stratches on it even though the other car's front was smashed close up to the windshield.

- I take my car to the auto shop and they assess the damage to be around $500.

- I decided not to have them fix everything because during their examination, there was no structural damage at all to the frame of the car. I did had them fixthe trunk, but not do anything about the scratches on my rubber bumper (my car is a 1991 Nissan Sentra, so it's not the best looking car and I'm notanal about the looks as long as it runs).

- I end up cashing out on the rest of the money that the drunk ladies' insurance would cover, so I pocket $450.

- I drive 25 minutes to school everyday, so my car is my lifeline and if anything worse would have happened to it (it being totaled) I would have been SCREWED.

All in all, I came out really lucky in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom