Anyone ever had Absinthe?

nerd.gif
lead to the death of many famous people Charles Baudelaire, Paul Verlaine, Arthur Rimbaud, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Amedeo Modigliani, Vincent van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Aleister Crowley, and Alfred Jarry.

Any experience with this?
Kanye taught dumb logic, "what can't kill me, can only make me stronger"

I heard you have to prepare it a special way to get the hallucinogenic effects...something with a spoon and some sugar?
nerd.gif

i wnat to. it looks like fun. I heard it tastes like licorice.
to dude above me..the kind with wormwood isnt produced in the states

I saw it in the liq store the other day...I was curious, but then I saw the $#!+ was $70...worth it?

I've had it. As someone already said, the one with the hallucinogenic "wormwood" isn't available here. My boy snuck some into our drinks atthe club. Let's just say I time traveled a few hours.
laugh.gif

I got crazy buzzed pretty quickly. And I have a VERY high tolerance for alcohol...

Do it all the time at my boys apt.

You dissolve the sugar into the shot with water or the liquor and throw it back.

It does taste like liquorice x1000.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

nerd.gif
lead to the death of many famous people Charles Baudelaire, Paul Verlaine, Arthur Rimbaud, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Amedeo Modigliani, Vincent van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Aleister Crowley, and Alfred Jarry.

Any experience with this?
Kanye taught dumb logic, "what can't kill me, can only make me stronger"

Where did you hear they all died from absinthe? I'm sure this is completely false also....I know for a fact Oscar Wild died from disease, and I'm sureBaudelaire died of natural causes.

yeah.. it tastes like black licorice to me, which is absolutely disgusting. but yeah it gets you pretty tossed in a short amount of time.

it tastes like jagermeister mixed with everclear. A lot of people die alchohol related deaths son.

Really, it's just alcohol. There isn't enough of the extract from the wormwood to do anything. You would get alcohol poisoning before you startedhallucinating.

I had it during my travels throughout Europe a few months ago. The one truly memorable time I indulged was in the Netherlands...I was also under the influenceof a massive amount of cocaine, some marijuana, a painkiller and several shots of vodka/a few pints. The night ended at the red-light district where I banged ahot blonde chick for 50 Euro. Good times, good times!
happy.gif
Additionally, it is indeed prepared in a whacky way involving a spoon and fire or something as anotherposter suggested but I wasn't really paying a great deal of attention.

Had it in Ensenada. Prepared the old fashioned way I guess, poured over an absinthe spoon with a sugar cube on top, then having the cube dropped into theglass. Also had it as a mixed drink in the Philippines with Red Bull and Vodka. I definitely enjoy it more than Jager.

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

I had it during my travels throughout Europe a few months ago. The one truly memorable time I indulged was in the Netherlands...I was also under the influence of a massive amount of cocaine, some marijuana, a painkiller and several shots of vodka/a few pints. The night ended at the red-light district where I banged a hot blonde chick for 50 Euro. Good times, good times!
happy.gif
Additionally, it is indeed prepared in a whacky way involving a spoon and fire or something as another poster suggested but I wasn't really paying a great deal of attention.
I like the way you do bidness.

25364-26787.gif

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

I had it during my travels throughout Europe a few months ago. The one truly memorable time I indulged was in the Netherlands...I was also under the influence of a massive amount of cocaine, some marijuana, a painkiller and several shots of vodka/a few pints. The night ended at the red-light district where I banged a hot blonde chick for 50 Euro. Good times, good times!
happy.gif
Additionally, it is indeed prepared in a whacky way involving a spoon and fire or something as another poster suggested but I wasn't really paying a great deal of attention.

eek.gif

Anyone acquired a taste yet for liquor? I mean I drink and if its smooth its good in my book, if it tasty its good in my book... but My professor tells me thegreatest invention was Gin. How do i get on that level?

Back
Top Bottom