Anyone ever have surgery for a hernia?

I feel like every time I make a thread on here it's about a anatomical problem. Last time it was kidney stones 6 years ago. This time I was feeling discomfort/heaviness in my testicles about a week ago, and I just started hitting the gym hard about a month ago with a buddy that returned from the Air Force.

We would go in the morning to lift and at night to play racquetball. So I went to the docs today which I never visit but when something down there doesn't feel right, that's about the only time I feel it's necessary to go. He did a routine physical. Made me cough and said I might have 2 hernias in each side.

Is that even possible? Has anyone had surgery to repair a hernia before? What's the recovery period like?

Had one bout six months ago. Not a huge deal, actually walked around with my hernia for about a year as while I was in the process of getting the surgery I tore my patella and didn't want to go under the knife for a while.

Honestly, scariest thing was being put under then waking up suddenly...no idea what they did to me, I lost a few hours of life...surgeon coulda rubbed his balls on my face :smh

But, you do get a unique 'game' opportunity, both surgeries I woke up, looked at my nurse and said 'are you am angel?' Both nurse smiled...no yambz were had, unfortunately.

I had an hernia when I was 3. Dont remember it but I'm still alive. I think its an out patient procedure now. DQMOT

Back
Top Bottom