Anyone ever sell a car to CARMAX?

Anyone ever sell a car to Carmax? are their prices fair?
Wife wants to get rid of her car and start on a new lease.
2014 BMW 535i with 52k miles on it. Car has a clean title and in perfect condition.
We dont want to go through the hassle of selling privately.
We also dont want to trade it in for obvious (low ball) reasons and due to the fact that she will be leasing this time around.
KBB has the car listed at 15k to 18k trade in or up to 22k private sale. Will Carmax pay closer to the private sale value?

Sold an 2007 a3 to carmax this past summer, their price was way closer to KBB and they don't budge.

Great thing about carmax is they don't ask much question. Go on a weekday and get the car valued, took me 25 mins and the deal was good for a week.

I didn't sell my car to carmax because they offered me $5k less than the Mercedes dealership did. The downside to the dealership is that now my car is involved in a lawsuit from the new owner and the dealership and some lawyer from the dealership wants me to sign a paper stating I'm the only owner, I never let anyone else drive the car, and to verify the car was never in an accident even though the title is clean and they checked it when I sold it to them.

Best to get a few offers and go from there, when my dad passed I took his rav4 to 2 Toyota dealerships the one closest which is known to stink offered below value. When I went to the 2nd they asked what I was looking for I racked on $3k to what the first one offered and they went back to talk to the “manager” about it and they didn’t even bat an eye when they came back , made out right around private party.

The quote is good for 7 days, you might as well take it there just to see. I would also recommend Carvana....I sold my car through them and it was easy as hell

Just sold our 3rd car to them. It was a beater and on its last leg so we didnt really care what we got but were happy with what we got. In and out in less than an hr.

Frank mucus,
I also sold my old benz to the merc dealership when i got my s550. Sounds like you have a hassle on your hands
I wouldnt sign any paper like that amd consult with an attorney. Why are they going after you? Merc dealership bought the car as is what recourse would they have to go after you?
Wby would they want you to sign you were the only ever driver? What about a valet, gf, wife etc. They trying to box you in a corner?

Just sold our 3rd car to them. It was a beater and on its last leg so we didnt really care what we got but were happy with what we got. In and out in less than an hr.

Frank mucus,
I also sold my old benz to the merc dealership when i got my s550. Sounds like you have a hassle on your hands
I wouldnt sign any paper like that amd consult with an attorney. Why are they going after you? Merc dealership bought the car as is what recourse would they have to go after you?
Wby would they want you to sign you were the only ever driver? What about a valet, gf, wife etc. They trying to box you in a corner?

I sold a Tesla Model S to them two years ago. They've been trying to get me to sign papers for the past year. They said the new owner said the car was in a previous accident affecting the battery or something, I'm not 100% sure. I have ignored all subsequent calls even after they threatened to subpoena me :lol:

sold my old benz to the merc dealership when i got my s550.

I sold a Tesla Model S

2YFfur1.gif

Back
Top Bottom