Anyone ever won a harassment case at work? Vol. EOCC

OneNightDan

formerly mryoungmoney
So, trying to make this short as possible.
This morning we had a meeting where we were asked to voice our concerns. It was a room that consisted of my peers/coworkers about ten of us. The company employs 300+ people or so, but in our group there’s only 12 of us total. My boss was there, his boss was there, & I guess you could call him the “safety coordinator.” He’s in charge of meetings, trainings that deal with safety, etc... Well while voicing my concerns with the group, & bosses I was cut off in the middle of my sentence because he took issue with what I had to say. He went on to cuss at me, & call me a stupid a__ under his breath but my coworkers heard what he said. I asked him to speak up, & repeat it louder but he stayed quiet. He belittled me in front of bosses & coworkers saying “You have no clue what you’re talking about!” (Been doing my job for four years, no issues with upper management at any point in this tenure.) He was getting louder & louder with me mind you. I stopped going back & forth with him so the meeting could conclude, & I could file my complaint. Come to find out he spoke to my boss in a similar manner this past Friday. Dude is on one for no reason, I never disrespected him or cussed at him. Didn’t raise my voice until he did it to me.
Meeting with the EEOC Officer/Vice President tomorrow. Is it worth the fight? Anyone have a similar experience.

TL;DR
Had a meeting this morning.

One of the Upper Management came at me crazy, cussing & calling me a stupid a___ during meeting after voicing concerns.

Filed a complaint.

Meeting with the Vice President in the AM to discuss matter or harassment.

Company has “Zero-Tolerance” for such behavior.

Any help/advice?

299C7639-E0DB-4B86-9541-912C24FC0B9E.png

94192B8F-36AF-45B0-8B90-EA4412969E49.png

5692F05F-BC28-4424-AC9F-1F2D72CF862F.png

My job doesn’t operate like that so no I haven’t.

But by the sounds of it dude already has a target on his back from doing it to other people. I wouldn’t sweat it man, some people are just *******s and will get pushed out eventually.

aint nothing to really win in this instance
he prolly just gonna get fired
so play up how u "felt" harassed
ur not getting anything monetarily
now if u complain and nothing happens
and he does it to u again
u may get cashed out

Just work conditions in general, in 4 years with the company you’d be surprised how much we see. Managers asked US to speak up, try to speak up & get shot down when we do.

My job doesn’t operate like that so no I haven’t.

But by the sounds of it dude already has a target on his back from doing it to other people. I wouldn’t sweat it man, some people are just *******s and will get pushed out eventually.

The thing is fam’, none of the upper managers want the smoke with him. He’s technically their boss in a way. They won’t make a move against him.

Last edited:
It’s a the work world so you can’t beat his *** unless he’s the aggressor and throws the first punch.

So best form of payback is filing whatever grievances you can and hit him financially and reputation wise. Ideal situation his little smart remark gets him canned. Especially with witnesses there and a pattern of repeated behavior.

aint nothing to really win in this instance
he prolly just gonna get fired
so play up how u "felt" harassed
ur not getting anything monetarily
now if u complain and nothing happens
and he does it to u again
u may get cashed out

Not looking for funds at all fam’, on the cool at first I was cool with an apology. Then, my bosses kind of “suggested” I contact the VP.
Wish I had the company flow chat, but I’ll try my best here.

Owner
President/VP
Operations Managers
Safety Manager
Superintendents
Foreman
Leads
Workers

My bosses consist of Superintendents, but the safety guy is on top of them. They’re scared to move against him, yet they suggest I do something about it.

yeah he did kinda punk him
then going to tell on him
:rofl:
my dude snitching :rofl:

Lol @ the soft comment but...

Gotta’ move smarter fam’, can put paws on everyone. Dude got his jimmies rustled when I started airing out some ish.
He didn’t like it, in that world you have to fight fire with fire.

Not looking for funds at all fam’, on the cool at first I was cool with an apology. Then, my bosses kind of “suggested” I contact the VP.
Wish I had the company flow chat, but I’ll try my best here.

Owner
President/VP
Operations Managers
Safety Manager
Superintendents
Foreman
Leads
Workers

My bosses consist of Superintendents, but the safety guy is on top of them. They’re scared to move against him, yet they suggest I do something about it.
they setting u up
they have grievances but telling u
to do the heavy lifting
yeah good luck bruh
ur work environment bout to change FAST

It’s a the work world so you can’t beat his *** unless he’s the aggressor and throws the first punch.

So best form of payback is filing whatever grievances you can and hit him financially and reputation wise. Ideal situation his little smart remark gets him canned. Especially with witnesses there and a pattern of repeated behavior.

This man knows! :nthat:
Exactly my strategy, going to lay it all on the line tomorrow. Taking a risk, but I know I’m not the only he’s talked to like this. Especially in the last week or so. They want me to put him in his place essentially.

they setting u up
they have grievances but telling u
to do the heavy lifting
yeah good luck bruh
ur work environment bout to change FAST

Well, I’m not speaking on their experiences.
Just on what happened with me this morning. I can only stand up for myself, I got witnesses that are all my co workers.

Lol @ the soft comment but...

Gotta’ move smarter fam’, can put paws on everyone. Dude got his jimmies rustled when I started airing out some ish.
He didn’t like it, in that world you have to fight fire with fire.
9 times outta 10
they aint really gonna do anything cause he called u a dumb ***
u a grown man
the correct thing to do
woulda just had a convo face to face with him
to see what was going on
why he felt that was even ok
for him to talk to u like that
aint saying step to him all aggressive
but some work beefs
can be squashed with a simple convo
and understanding of
respect me as i respect u

Well, I’m not speaking on their experiences.
Just on what happened with me this morning. I can only stand up for myself, I got witnesses that are all my co workers.
and u think ur coworkers
REALLY gonna put themselves
in the line of fire
to defend YOU
on a grievance YOU have
work friends are different from real friends man
and even real friends act different when yall work together

9 times outta 10
they aint really gonna do anything cause he called u a dumb ***
u a grown man
the correct thing to do
woulda just had a convo face to face with him
to see what was going on
why he felt that was even ok
for him to talk to u like that
aint saying step to him all aggressive
but some work beefs
can be squashed with a simple convo
and understanding of
respect me as i respect u

Convo was already heated fam, when he came out crazy we both puffed out our chest.
My co worker literally got between us to separate us. I didn’t get heated until he tried talking down on me:

and u think ur coworkers
REALLY gonna put themselves
in the line of fire
to defend YOU
on a grievance YOU have
work friends are different from real friends man
and even real friends act different when yall work together

Maybe you won’t believe me, but I have no reason to lie. I along with leads of the crews threaten to upper management to quit/go on strike. That’s what led to this meeting. We had demands, they got met. The only thing that went south was ol’ dude & me. Yes, actually I do. Coworker is actually my sister BF’s husband lol
Another co worker is my brother.
Also, in tomorrow meeting of the bosses that witness the back & forth also is backing me.

Convo was already heated fam, when he came out crazy we both puffed out our chest.
My co worker literally got between us to separate us. I didn’t get heated until he tried talking down on me:
so then in a way
u felt disrespected off of words
and u wanted to get into his face
off of what he said
not what he did
just from a hr perspective
both of u would be in the wrong
not just him
and both yall could potentially get a verbal

Maybe you won’t believe me, but I have no reason to lie. I along with leads of the crews threaten to upper management to quit/go on strike. That’s what led to this meeting. We had demands, they got met. The only thing that went south was ol’ dude & me.
i aint saying u lying
nothing of the sort
im just giving u a different perspective

so then in a way
u felt disrespected off of words
and u wanted to get into his face
off of what he said
not what he did
just from a hr perspective
both of u would be in the wrong
not just him
and both yall could potentially get a verbal

Nothing like that fam, we were never nose to nose. I stood in the same spot, but I looked at him directly & spoke up when the disrespect flowed. Had my hands behind my back the whole time, held my IPad/work phone. Never was aggressive but my co worker knows me. Once I’m agitated I’m another person.

Back
Top Bottom