Anyone familiar with Pennsylvania traffic law? driving with suspended license - DUI related

Like the title says, is anyone familiar with PA traffic laws?
My friend was caught driving with a suspended license due to a previous DUI (case still going on). I was wondering if my friend is gonna be sent to jail for 2-3 months because of this?

I checked online and I couldn't find a clear answer....so if anyone is familiar with this case, let me know. Thanks

Like the title says, is anyone familiar with PA traffic laws?
My friend was caught driving with a suspended license due to a previous DUI (case still going on). I was wondering if my friend is gonna be sent to jail for 2-3 months because of this?

I checked online and I couldn't find a clear answer....so if anyone is familiar with this case, let me know. Thanks

dont know bout pennsylvania, but he prolly gon go to jail & get his license suspended an extra year

dont know bout pennsylvania, but he prolly gon go to jail & get his license suspended an extra year

Tell your friend to get a lawyer. It's the only way he'd get advice from somebody that knows what they're talking about. It'd also benefit him if he retained a lawyer that was familiar with the district he is getting tried in. They may know some people at the DA office that can get the charges reduced/dropped. A good lawyer is rarely cheap though.

Tell your friend to get a lawyer. It's the only way he'd get advice from somebody that knows what they're talking about. It'd also benefit him if he retained a lawyer that was familiar with the district he is getting tried in. They may know some people at the DA office that can get the charges reduced/dropped. A good lawyer is rarely cheap though.

Originally Posted by Dilated1200

yea she already thought about getting a lawyer and is trying to get a public defender. She just cant afford another lawyer due to the previous DUI case. I just wanted to know if it would be definite whether she will be going to jail or not.

Originally Posted by Dilated1200

yea she already thought about getting a lawyer and is trying to get a public defender. She just cant afford another lawyer due to the previous DUI case. I just wanted to know if it would be definite whether she will be going to jail or not.

laugh.gif

Sounds like a real winner.

not sure about PA, but i know someone in Cali who was stopped with a suspended license (DUI related).

He wasn't arrested but they towed his car and put a mandatory 30 day hold (which totaled to about $1,500 in fines/fees).

not sure about PA, but i know someone in Cali who was stopped with a suspended license (DUI related).

He wasn't arrested but they towed his car and put a mandatory 30 day hold (which totaled to about $1,500 in fines/fees).

Don't think there's gonna be any jail time driving with a suspended license...

I would imagine probably getting her license revoked for x amount of years and probably probation/community service.

Don't think there's gonna be any jail time driving with a suspended license...

I would imagine probably getting her license revoked for x amount of years and probably probation/community service.

Originally Posted by kickz4show

What part of PA
im not sure, but i've heard that PA has a mandatory rule where if someone is driving with a suspended license that is dui related, the person may face 2-3 months in jail. So, i dont know if this just he max penalty or it is a definite consequence of driving with a suspended license.
Anyone from PA that can help???

Back
Top Bottom