anyone give a best man speech?

Anyone give a best man speech?

got my bros coming up in a couple months and its nerve-racking 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

any tips on how to do the speech i seen stuff online say make it short and to the point

not sure how to do the speech either (ex. story about both groom and bride or just groom)

My brother had to at a wedding earlier the year.

He was talking for a good 5-10 min, but just had fun with it.. Crack jokes and get the people laughing .. My
Fear would be to tell a joke and have no one laugh
laugh.gif

He killed it though

Did one for my brother when i was 15.

I said something along the lines of

"It took 15 years of beatings, threats, and controversies for my brother to figure out who the BEST MAN really is... "

then followed it up with your typical "i hope you two enjoy and cherish each other etc"

laugh.gif

guess you can use it just change the 15 years to whatever your age is now to make it fit.

I Kept it simple and got a good laugh, so just relax and enjoy it 

I failed miserably giving my a best man speech to for my older brother.
I couldn't keep it together and got really emotional...

i dont think id drink too much one of my fears is getting too drunk and being that dude at a wedding so id rather not have more than a couple beers before

and like finally famous said telling a joke and no one laughs

HAVE GIVEN 2

BE HONEST..BE TRUTHFUL..BE FUNNY..AND END UP WITH BE SENTIMENTAL...

WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT MENTION ANY DIRT IN THE PAST ONE GUY GOT DRUNK ONCE AND SPILLED THE BEANS...SMH

Spoke at my sister's wedding a few years back...

Kept it light, threw in some funny family anecdotes, gave some useful advice, ended it with a toast & a hug to my sister & new brother in law...

Be yourself; people will expect you to be nervous (avoid profanity) but just stick to your script unless you do better ad-libbing off the cuff - even bullet points are helpful

Originally Posted by bigsupa

HAVE GIVEN 2

WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT MENTION ANY DIRT IN THE PAST ONE GUY GOT DRUNK ONCE AND SPILLED THE BEANS...SMH
damn...
nerd.gif
 is the couple still together?

i had to give one, but it was in front of closer friends and family. of course it's scary. i was sweating like heck in the tux.

ive heard all the cliche stuff already, but i kept mines real short. we did ours diff'tly where a couple of the grooms men gave their snippets.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

HAVE GIVEN 2

Lmao damb, it must have sucked to be the groom at that wedding.
laugh.gif

Advice,
DONT DO IT DRUNK. Your bro will never forgive you and neither will his new wife.
Dont try to be funny. If you're a funny person already, then it will happen naturally.
Make sure to thank both of your parents.

Back
Top Bottom