Anyone going to/been to Identity Festival?

I might go to the one in SD early Sept......anyone been to/going to one this summer? Lineup is decent, but Avicii isn't gonna be at the SD one. 
ohwell.gif
 I guess he's playing at the Wavehouse the next day though so 
pimp.gif

If you've been how is it? Obviously it's no Ultra or EDC but is it good?

Indy one just passed, heard it was shut down early (11 PM) because of the city's noise regulations. I have a ticket for the Chula Vista one but I don't think I'm going anymore, so if anyone wants my ticket, $40!

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

was gonna go, opening my store next week...too tired
sick.gif
 ....just got word everybody's set was trash except kaskade. 

fuuu
well i like kaskade so i guess thats good.....afrojack's was bad? nero's?

sick.gif
I highly doubt that. The one good set was the most commercial DJ of the entire lineup? Come on.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

sick.gif
I highly doubt that. The one good set was the most commercial DJ of the entire lineup? Come on.
he makes some chill songs though.......and trust me there's worse. skrillex  
sick.gif
 that clown cant dj to save his life
mainstream artists can play good sets man. 

I'm going to the one in SD. Got my ticket for $20
pimp.gif
when they had that "Skullcandy 24 hour sale".

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

sick.gif
sick.gif
Not the point I was making. A lot of people go to these festivals because they see the name Kaskade. Then they hear some "different" stuff from DJs they've never heard of, and then Kaskade hits the stage with all the stuff they want to hear. They'll report back that everyone else was wack but Kaskade was awesome. I'm not hating on Kaskade at all. I'd be curious to know who these people are that said everything sucked except Kaskade, because there are good DJs on the bill.

sick.gif
Not the point I was making. A lot of people go to these festivals because they see the name Kaskade. Then they hear some "different" stuff from DJs they've never heard of, and then Kaskade hits the stage with all the stuff they want to hear. They'll report back that everyone else was wack but Kaskade was awesome. I'm not hating on Kaskade at all. I'd be curious to know who these people are that said everything sucked except Kaskade, because there are good DJs on the bill.
oh alright yeah i feel you
who would you say are the best on there btw? havent seen most of those guys live, since it seems to be mostly electro/dubstep whereas i usually go see more house artists

yeah booka shade is tight....minimal style tho dunno how that translates to the festival atmosphere when im rolling off my face?

dj shadow is not at mine lol thats a throwback i didnt even know he was still around. pioneer tho for sure
eddiee21 wrote:
I'm going to the one in SD. Got my ticket for $20
pimp.gif
 when they had that "Skullcandy 24 hour sale".

speaking of skullcandy....apparently those are the rolls to get right now in socal. hmmm

Going to the one in the Bay.

See Booka Shade

Also... PRETTY LIGHTS.

I guarantee PL will shut $!+% down

[edit] Le Castle Vania is gonna be the most face-melting set other than Afrojack, imo.

sick.gif
oh alright yeah i feel you
who would you say are the best on there btw? havent seen most of those guys live, since it seems to be mostly electro/dubstep whereas i usually go see more house artists
It's tough to pinpoint certain artists because everyone has different tastes. The fact there's a national EDM tour like this, that is attracting varied high-profile appearances (Afrojack, Avicii), is pretty impressive in itself. People just need to not discount everyone not named Kaskade.

I have friends going to the Camden and Jones Beach shows. I was going to go, but ticket prices (missed out on the $20 promotion a few weeks back) were too high at the time I was going to order them.

I'm going to Electric Zoo, and def. am looking to go to Ultra.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

See Booka Shade

Also... PRETTY LIGHTS.

[edit] Le Castle Vania is gonna be the most face-melting set other than Afrojack, imo.
i can't stress how correct this statement turned out to be
wow....not even my type of music, i am more into house, prog house, some electro house, some trance, etc.......

but pretty lights was mind-blowing, i was rolling so hard by the time he came on and he killed it. wow. and the lighting was the trippiest of the whole event, kaskade had a way bigger set-up but the visuals for PL's set was way more intense

didn't get to see le castle vania, nero, or rusk, since we kind of just stayed at the main stage for most of the performance. 

saw booka shade (they're dope and were an awesome way to kick things off), disco biscuits (horrible IMO, i was bored, didn't come to identity to hear that sort of music), afrojack (pretty high by this point, aoiki started his set off because he was running late, then afrojack came on. both killed it, so dope), pretty lights (my favorite set and i don't even like his music as much as others', thats how good he was), and kaskade (amazing)

prob will go to nocturnal next, lineup looks pretty sick

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

See Booka Shade

Also... PRETTY LIGHTS.

i can't stress how correct this statement turned out to be
wow....not even my type of music, i am more into house, prog house, some electro house, some trance, etc.......

but pretty lights was mind-blowing, i was rolling so hard by the time he came on and he killed it. wow. and the lighting was the trippiest of the whole event, kaskade had a way bigger set-up but the visuals for PL's set was way more intense

didn't get to see le castle vania, nero, or rusk, since we kind of just stayed at the main stage for most of the performance. 

saw booka shade (they're dope and were an awesome way to kick things off), disco biscuits (horrible IMO, i was bored, didn't come to identity to hear that sort of music), afrojack (pretty high by this point, aoiki started his set off because he was running late, then afrojack came on. both killed it, so dope), pretty lights (my favorite set and i don't even like his music as much as others', thats how good he was), and kaskade (amazing)

prob will go to nocturnal next, lineup looks pretty sick

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
when he played this joint... had me on a whole different level

PL was the best set for sure. kaskades set was dope too.

anyone check out Hercules and love affair? i never heard of them befor ID. theyre set was sick too. i was the only one in my group feeling them though since all my friends are in to that brostep type of edm... -_-
OH, and when LCV told the crowd to rush the pit...... 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Is that Pretty Lights song a sample of that Nightmares on Wax song?

Nero is dope, but I cannot handle Afrojack, way too much beeping.

Ultra in Miami was unreal this last spring..

EDC spoiled me. ID fest was cool, but ended way too early. Aoki was fun. Crystal Method played too much dubstep.

But when Kaskade played pressure, AHHHHHH.

ya im def going to edc this year

as well as coachella, nocturnal, etc....

gonna be too fun

oh and i have like a gram of pure molly sitting in front of me....

ya im def going to edc this year

as well as coachella, nocturnal, etc....

gonna be too fun

oh and i have like a gram of pure molly sitting in front of me....

real life...

ill be seeing you at noctural... (will be wearing tye dye shorts)

Back
Top Bottom