anyone going to the REFLECTION ETERNAL (TALIB KWELI & HI-TEK) & TABI BONNEY show tonight?

it's tonight (6/10) at 8pm on the mainstage of BLACK CAT.  i know BLACK CAT doesn't really reach out/promote to the hip hop community (it's predominately an indie rock club), so i'm throwing it out there for ya'll.  hope some of you guys, and ladies, make it out.

Originally Posted by StereoFaith

I know BLACK CAT doesn't really reach out/promote to the hip hop community (it's predominately an indie rock club).

You think so? Last 4 times I've been to the Black Cat were to see Little Brother (twice), Foreign Exchange x J*DaVeY, and Mos Def, and they also held Lupe's concert there... Not to mention the have a weekly hip-hop lounge night to my knowledge, or at least they did at one point.
But I digress, I was supposed to take my girl to see them, but she's not coming in town, so I'm pretty indifferent about going. Not to mention, I'll probably be watching the game

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by StereoFaith

I know BLACK CAT doesn't really reach out/promote to the hip hop community (it's predominately an indie rock club).

You think so? Last 4 times I've been to the Black Cat were to see Little Brother (twice), Foreign Exchange x J*DaVeY, and Mos Def, and they also held Lupe's concert there... Not to mention the have a weekly hip-hop lounge night to my knowledge, or at least they did at one point.
But I digress, I was supposed to take my girl to see them, but she's not coming in town, so I'm pretty indifferent about going. Not to mention, I'll probably be watching the game

all good, my man.  let me clarify, i literally meant "promote to" not "cater to."  they definitely cater to the hip hop crowd by hosting an array of artists.  i was trying to relay that the club doesn't use the various "hip hop outlets" as a means to promote the shows (message boards, reaching out to local businesses that cater to the hip hop community, etc.).  therefore, heads may not know about the shows going on there.  people don't normally go to the BLACK CAT's listings to find hip hop shows.  i was putting it out there to for folks who may not have heard about tonight's show.

come through.

Back
Top Bottom