Anyone gone to OR to watch the Blzers?

I'm seriously debating buying tickets and driving down and maybe chill for a day or 2. I've been deprived of watching any NBA games in YEARS!!!

Has anyone else done this?

Yeah I went down there with my friend who was coaching a bball tourney down there. It was definitely refreshing to go to a game and YES it is way liver at theRose Garden than at KeyArena.

I've been down a bunch of times, although half of them were to see the Sonics vs. the Blazers.
but its plenty of fun if you get a weekend game....drive down Friday, and chill through Sunday. Thats what we usually do.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I've been down a bunch of times, although half of them were to see the Sonics vs. the Blazers.
but its plenty of fun if you get a weekend game....drive down Friday, and chill through Sunday. Thats what we usually do.

Yup, I already have a couple people who I'm about to do this with this year. I went last year around April, but I might go down a couple times this year.Drive down, maybe take the train, watch the game and then chill.

ive already been to a few games this year. if you go try to find a game against a competitive team, blowouts are boring...

Originally Posted by Powfo

Yeah I went down there with my friend who was coaching a bball tourney down there. It was definitely refreshing to go to a game and YES it is way liver at the Rose Garden than at KeyArena.
It took me 2nd read to see that you meant live-r and not liver as in the human organ.
laugh.gif

Has anyone taken the train??

The MAX is a pretty decent way of getting around.
when we drive down, we stay over in NE by the Lloyd center and would walk the few blocks to the Rose Garden. We'd hang out downtown and could get aroundpretty well on the Max and left the car at the hotel. Only place we really drove to was the MLK Outlet and a few friends houses. Some Portland residents mightbe able to answer this a lil better than I can, but I know I've seen the MAX in quite a few places, even outside of Portland like Beaverton and Clackamas

The MAX can pretty much take you anywhere now that the Green Line is open. The Green Line goes all the way out to Clackamas Town Center and the bus system isalso good for getting around. Come down, enjoy the city, and go Blazers!

I live in Salt Lake City and have contemplated catching a Blazer Game in PDX. Always kinda liked that team.
ohwell.gif

Going form Portland to Seattle I have taken the train to Mariners games and it is nice. It takes about 4.5 hours and was around $25 each way but this was like6 years ago. You wouldn't need a car if you got a room downtown. The train station is in the heart of downtown and then you could just use Max to getaround.

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

I want to know too. How much does it cost from Seattle to Portland? Do you guys rent a car once you're down there?

I'm from Seattle but go to school in Portland i come home twice a month, the train should be 28 each way

Originally Posted by bruza

I live in Salt Lake City and have contemplated catching a Blazer Game in PDX. Always kinda liked that team.
ohwell.gif

If you come make sure its the weekend of Jan 8-10 (Kobe on friday and Lebron on sunday
pimp.gif
)

If you guys are coming down hit me up!

Originally Posted by dakid23

I want to know too. How much does it cost from Seattle to Portland? Do you guys rent a car once you're down there?

I'm from Seattle but go to school in Portland i come home twice a month, the train should be 28 each way

ohwell.gif

If you come make sure its the weekend of Jan 8-10 (Kobe on friday and Lebron on sunday
pimp.gif
)

those games arent sold out?!?!

Well you can buy them if you buy in bulk

its has to be 12 tickets

i got 4 to each game plus 4 to the boston game which i resold.

Originally Posted by dakid23

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif
)

I'm going for damn sure, I just need to get the tickets.

I live here an wont waste my time going. Im originally from cali so the blazers are garbage to me!!

Originally Posted by shoefean

I live here an wont waste my time going. Im originally from cali so the blazers are garbage to me!!

why would you post this? do you want a cookie?

Yes and it breaks my heart every time.

Had swahili class with B-Roy at UW, so I go to watch him, but otherwise it just makes me miss the Sonics.

Doesn't help that I live 5 minutes from KeyArena and can see the Key logo out of my living room window, either...

so it looks like I'll be in Portland the weekend of the Lakers and Cavs games, but wont actually be at the games. still should be plenty of fun

Back
Top Bottom