Anyone got braces at 21 years of age

How was it

Anyone know a place in ny that has them for the low

No insurance

Thanks in advance

I got mine around that age. I didn't care nor should you. It's not going to be permanent anyway. Can't believe folks shell out the bread for Invisalign.

They have monthly payments too if you can't pay in one lump sum.

Nah I was 15 when I got them. I wouldn't mind getting them at 21, might not be a good look but **** it. I still needed a few months with my braces, but took them off the summer before it started college because I didn't want to have them train tracks anymore.

I got them when i was 19..got em
Off when i was 20. Nobody even noticed unless I smiled.

Once got roasted by Jimmy Fallon hypeman though because i had braces lmao

They have braces that go behind the teeth and also clear ones. My orthodontist was lame and didn't offer any of that or colored rubber bands.

i have a few months left on my parents insurace...

can i just call and tell them i want braces, that easy?

my teeth are aright but could be better.

They have braces that go behind the teeth and also clear ones. My orthodontist was lame and didn't offer any of that or colored rubber bands.
This sounds awful 
sick.gif
. Clear braces get yellow, and Invisalign takes way longer. 

I had braces until my freshman year in college. My advice is to not cut corners and just go with the traditional over the teeth braces. If you are disciplined and use all your rubber bands and ****, you can be done in way less than two years. Worth it imo. 

Last edited:
This sounds awful :x . Clear braces get yellow, and Invisalign takes way longer. 

I had braces until my freshman year in college. My advice is to not cut corners and just go with the traditional over the teeth braces. If you are disciplined and use all your rubber bands and ****, you can be done in way less than two years. Worth it imo. 

Who told you Invisalign takes longer :lol:

It's a lie.

This sounds awful 
sick.gif
. Clear braces get yellow, and Invisalign takes way longer. 

Who told you Invisalign takes longer
laugh.gif

It's a lie.
I've always heard they take longer 
laugh.gif

Maybe it's applicable to those whose teeth are worse off? I though Invisalign was ideal for those whose teeth didn't need much work initially.

Im in the same boat as u bro, I'm 23 and Im thinking about getting them now but damn u abt to pay wild bread if u dont have insurance gz.

Wearing Invisalign now. It's not bad and costs about the same as regular braces in my area. Couldn't live with the metal mouth.. I gotta keep my sexy

tumblr_miw02mxNAB1qivigxo1_400.gif

I had them from age 20 to 22. Get them as soon as you can. But without insurance, is definitely gonna be a steep price. If you need minor work done then your doctor will offer Invisalign but it's not as effective as the normal braces.

Know a lady at my job... She's about 40...

Got braces.

Had a coworker that got them in his 30s

My dad is 50 and got some...

You'll be aight famb

Know a lady at my job... She's about 40...

Got braces.

Had a coworker that got them in his 30s

My dad is 50 and got some...

You'll be aight famb
Exactly.

I don't recall the prices but even without insurance it shouldn't be more than a couple of grand for the standard braces I believe. Def doable.

I was in high school when I had braces so I was covered by my parents' insurance. The orthodontist tried to be shady and make my parents pay some extra costs. My mom yelled at him and said she would report him, he shut up real quick.

Yeah there's a few spots in my hood that offer monthly payments of like 150$

Good looking fams and lol how your doctor tried to be shady? @shogun

Last edited:
Braces are never cheap, but they're worth it since it's a lifetime investment.

I dunno, dude probably thought he was slick. Probably fooled a few people into giving money. My mom was a nurse so she knew about insurance plans and stuff and knew he was bs'ing. She didn't play around.

Back
Top Bottom