Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

It's just too bad that there's no oled tvs in 42 inch. Any bigger than that and it doesn't fit inside the shelf

Last edited:
Just copped the LG OLED55B6P a couple weeks ago. This thang is [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] :smokin :smokin :smokin.

Best 4K OLED on the market
???? Like the b6 is the best? You aren't serious are you? The g7 is out ... 1/3 thinner and 20% brighter than the g6. But ok carry on.

Although OLED is just a beast period.

I saw the A1E but not looking enough to compare.

Last edited:
Best 4K OLED on the market
???? Like the b6 is the best? You aren't serious are you? The g7 is out ... 1/3 thinner and 20% brighter than the g6. But ok carry on.

Although OLED is just a beast period.

I saw the A1E but not looking enough to compare.

Wait the new line released ? :nerd: I still like the B6 look and price wise, but is the G7 panel the one with speaker as pedestal stand ?

Wait the new line released ? :nerd: I still like the B6 look and price wise, but is the G7 panel the one with speaker as pedestal stand ?
yeah I see what you meant .. But yeah there were B C E and G series and now they are in this year's models B7-G7.

Lastly, yes The G series has the sound bar attachment the E has the speakers running along the bottom. B doesn't offer 3d while the C does ... A few variables. But ultimately what i was trying to say is that this year's models are out and at first glance they are noticeably better when side by side because of the brightness and color saturation. At least for me ...

This year's models are brighter, but with the steep discounts offered on LG's 2016 models and the increase in base price for 2017, it's difficult to recommend the newer sets unless you have money to blow.

This year's models are brighter, but with the steep discounts offered on LG's 2016 models and the increase in base price for 2017, it's difficult to recommend the newer sets unless you have money to blow.
we aren't talking about prices, we are talking about better performing tv sets.

Like anything else, this new models next year will be the same as last year's. Its a cycle.

Lastly, the additional brightness might help the OLED in well lit rooms. Something previous models had problems with.

That's why I need to see more of the A1 because it suppose to be brighter .. At the end of the day the glass panel still going to suck with reflection.

Last edited:
View media item 2415526
Sony A1E reviews are in and it's a hit.

The Sony A1E includes a trio of new ideas to make a genuinely interesting update to the Sony TV range.

The picture quality is great thanks to the X1 Extreme Processor, the new Acoustic Surface is interesting and the One Slate design of the set makes it both ultra-thin and reduces the trim compared to some other LED TVs.

It might be missing the wallpaper-thin design of the new LG set or the new mounting ideas of the Samsung QLED range, but there's a very good chance Sony A1E can still hold its own against tough competition in 2017 thanks to its best-in-class picture quality.
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/sony-bravia-a1e

In the picture department OLED rises above anything else and A1 is no exception. Gray scales are reproduced with conviction and A1 manages to separate even the darkest tones. We measured a slight offset on colors and the lack of a CMS made it impossible for us to correct it. The OLED panel delivers peak brightness only slightly higher than last year’s models and placed side-by-side we suspect that few people would be able to spot the difference on a 100% white background. Where the A1 does move past LG’s E6 is in motion handling and image processing. Upscaling/motion is more convincing on A1 that builds on the same great motion engine that Sony also employed in Z9D and X93E.

Sony A1 underperforms compared to LG E6 in some areas (OS and speed), performs almost identical in others (homogeneity and color reproduction), and outperforms in yet another (image processing and motion). Overall Sony’s A1 is a step up from the highly acclaimed LG E6 mostly because it offers improved motion clarity and processing that some have been asking for. As the first 2017 OLED on our bench, Sony A1 is worthy of our Reference Award. Time will tell if LG and Panasonic’s 2017 OLED TVs can match or even surpass A1.
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1492757435

I love the Sony A1. It's magnificent. This was my most anticipated TV of 2017, and I'm not disappointed.

It’s a shame that it's taken so long for Sony to put out a 4K OLED TV – but the timing is right, because OLED tech has really matured. Factor in Sony's own expertise in colour and motion, as well as its willingness to experiment with radical sound systems, and what you have is something of a landmark.

The only real issue here is the price. There's no getting away from the £5000 price tag for the 65-inch model, although it isn't so eye-watering if you put it in context. The top-end Signature W7 OLED from LG costs £8000 at 65 inches, and the LG E7 costs the same. Last year's premium LG E6 costs £3500 at 65 inches – and the Sony A1 is demonstrably better than that.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-a1-oled-review#M4DQtMjP5RFk4IKa.99

The only questions left are whether the A1 is worth the asking price and what are the alternatives. Well, price is always relative but there's no denying that the design, build quality, features and performance go a long way towards justifying the £4,999 price tag of the 65A1. As far as the competition is concerned it's still early days but with the LG 65E7 costing the same, the A1 starts to look like better value when you consider that both have similar feature sets but the A1 has a more striking design and the Acoustic Surface sound system. If anything the A1 might find its biggest competitor is its own sister LCD flagship the KD-65ZD9 which at just £3,499 is looking very tempting, especially when you consider the similar features and superior peak brightness. However the KD-65A1 remains another great addition to what is fast becoming an incredibly strong line-up this year.
https://www.avforums.com/review/sony-kd-65a1-a1-a1e-bravia-uhd-4k-oled-hdr-tv-review.13313

For a direct comparison between the LG and the Sony
https://tvevaluate.com/review-sony-xbr65a1e-oled/

It's cool, it's innovative sure.
But if you spending that much money on a tv, there's no way you wouldn't have a suitable sound system to hook it up to.

Hopefully one day they release a flagship tv, with no, or very basic speakers and save some money for purchasers.

In the market for a new 4k tv in the 40-49 in range. Would appreciate some suggestions from the NT fam on the best bang for your buck models.

The room this tv will go in is fairly small, which is why im opting for this size range and it will mainly be used for gaming.

In the market for a new 4k tv in the 40-49 in range. Would appreciate some suggestions from the NT fam on the best bang for your buck models.

The room this tv will go in is fairly small, which is why im opting for this size range and it will mainly be used for gaming.

Sony X800D .

Comes in 43 inch and 49 inch models.

I've got the 43 inch version hooked up to a PS4 pro.

FFXV and Horizon Zero Dawn look sublime.

Last edited:
Sony X800D .

Comes in 43 inch and 49 inch models.

I've got the 43 inch version hooked up to a PS4 pro.

FFXV and Horizon Zero Dawn look sublime.
Thanks bro, that was the model that I had my eye on. Getting an Xbox One S, so a HDR tv is a must as well.

Trying to find some deals on the 43 inch, BB has it for $599, trying to get it a bit cheaper.

Jet.com has the ks8000 65 inch for 1347 shipped with code spring15. Just make an account price will be reflected in cart. Grabbed one since I prob won't find a better deal.

Jet.com has the ks8000 65 inch for 1347 shipped with code spring15. Just make an account price will be reflected in cart. Grabbed one since I prob won't find a better deal.

Great deal.

It looks like the 2017 Samsung joints (QLED & MU series) are under performing the 2016 Samsung TV's according to reviews so if you can still find KS8000 joints, cop them if you can.

Back
Top Bottom