Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

I have a 65 and next tv will be 75 or higher. Can’t do a 55 after having a 65

I read somewhere that Mar/Apr the best time to buy tv's because of turnover for new models for 2018

this valentines days tv sales are supposedly better than SB

Does anyone have the TCL C Series? I saw this model at Costco for a good price and it has HDR.
One big thing that differentiates the C from the P series is that C series has the edge lit display as opposed to FALD.

Im not too TV savvy, so is there a huge difference between these 2 models?

triple check the specs, they make tv's specifically for warehouse store

I believe they have an LG OLED B7 at Costco while other stores it's a B7P

spec difference is minimal but you still got be sure of what you're getting

triple check the specs, they make tv's specifically for warehouse store

I believe they have an LG OLED B7 at Costco while other stores it's a B7P

spec difference is minimal but you still got be sure of what you're getting

Some truth in this for the higher priced TVs. What would they decontent though? HDMI ports?

^^^
How big is the price difference between the two at Costco?

They only have the C series at my local Costco ($499) for the 55 inch, I was hyped thinking it was the P series, but I checked and it wasnt.
Seems like a really good price for a 4k HDR tv, but if the P series is that much better, would have to look at that instead.

Hyped to finally have the 55" Sony I ordered months ago next week on move-in day :pimp: .

They only have the C series at my local Costco ($499) for the 55 inch, I was hyped thinking it was the P series, but I checked and it wasnt.
Seems like a really good price for a 4k HDR tv, but if the P series is that much better, would have to look at that instead.

My bro, you generally get what you pay for. $500 for a 55" 4K HDR TV is generally entry level and it probably will only do the bare minimum to accomplish those standards.

You'll have to check the model number specifically because the C series reviewed by rtings.com shows the TV to be quite higher priced and they (rtings) recommended the P series over the former.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/c-series-2017-c807

Think about your overall budget and how the old the TV that you're replacing is.

My bro, you generally get what you pay for. $500 for a 55" 4K HDR TV is generally entry level and it probably will only do the bare minimum to accomplish those standards.

You'll have to check the model number specifically because the C series reviewed by rtings.com shows the TV to be quite higher priced and they (rtings) recommended the P series over the former.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/c-series-2017-c807

Think about your overall budget and how the old the TV that you're replacing is.

Im currently rocking with a 47 inch 1080p Sony Bravia from 2012, so its def time for a upgrade.

Yeah I understand that these prices for a 4K HDR TV is considered entry level, but id say that for its price, the P series considerably outperforms the price point.
Thinking i will end up getting the P series, hopefully prices drop even more around Super Bowl weekend.

The P series is rated better (and priced higher) than the C series. That said I don't know how much more it costs in USD.

Factors down to budget but I think even the $500 C series will perform better than the 1080P Bravia!

I have the P series it's worth the extra $150 (if you buy from Best Buy) or $200 (from Amazon). The full array TV is going to give you a better picture than edge lit, plus the P series has Dolby Vision support so if you're a Netflix guy a lot of the new series are in 4K or Dolby.

I have the P series it's worth the extra $150 (if you buy from Best Buy) or $200 (from Amazon). The full array TV is going to give you a better picture than edge lit, plus the P series has Dolby Vision support so if you're a Netflix guy a lot of the new series are in 4K or Dolby.

Yeah, I think im gonna go in that direction. Will wait for Super Bowl to see if the P series drops in price and try to cop then.

Which one did you get?

Been leaning on getting a X900E

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-5...th-high-dynamic-range/5748208.p?skuId=5748208

5748208_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

That P series TCL should be dropping price in the coming months with its upgrade (the 6 series) dropping in spring.

Yeah started out looking at the TCL P Series but ended up wanting The x900 after researching...looked worth the extra cash in person
yes the 900e is a beast for the price! if I didn't get a good deal on my oled I was definitely happy with the 900e

Back
Top Bottom