Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Under $700 i guess?

PO

I think you'll be happy with the TCL 6 series. Great 4K quality for that budget. 65" is a little over $700 and a 55" is $500

5 series is still solid which will be even cheaper

Vizio P (current) and M (last gen) models are pretty well regarded for that price range as well

I think you'll be happy with the TCL 6 series. Great 4K quality for that budget. 65" is a little over $700 and a 55" is $500

5 series is still solid which will be even cheaper

Vizio P (current) and M (last gen) models are pretty well regarded for that price range as well

Thank you, but I was hoping for Samsung suggestions.

PO

My 6 series has been great to me had since release the Best Buy version. Added some color changing leds to the back of it. It’s great in my dark room I only use it for gaming as I don’t really watch tv shows or movies.

Sometimes it doesn’t connect to WiFi automatically tho that’s my only issue.

Yeah I ordered this last night too but for some reason Walmart rollbacked and gave me an extra $300 for my Vizio so I cancelled. Great TV for price though.

ya'll need to quit playing and just get a Samsung 4k TV. Get iptv app, or add a firestick and sideload it...you're good to go.

Eh Samsung isn’t the end all be all anymore

Looking for suggestions on a TV and mount to hang in living room. Right now I'm still rocking a decade+ old Sony Bravia 49". Probably want to go a little bigger, but also want something that is thin / looks good on the wall (my Sony is like 4"+ deep). We are going to get rid of the media console table and currently use a Ndivia Shield TV as our "cable box". I think that could be mounted on the wall behind the TV, as it's only about the size of a Galaxy Note

Couch is 8ft from wall, so Rtings suggests 57" :

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

So any good deals for thin / small bezel, 55-60" TV's + a nice wall mount that allows TV to pull out, turn angle towards the side (towards are kitchen)?

Anything specific to look for in a mount? Good brands? Need it to be able to tilt / angle towards kitchen.

My personal opinion is that at 8 feet you can go 65 and be fine. As far is amounts go, look for a full motion mount and look for the weight limits for the mount. For instance, my 85" weighs 99 lbs without the stand and the mount Im using has a max load rating of 127 lbs. You can find a good full motion mount for $50-75 bucks. I have Sanus mounts all through my home and they work just fine.

Looking for suggestions on a TV and mount to hang in living room. Right now I'm still rocking a decade+ old Sony Bravia 49". Probably want to go a little bigger, but also want something that is thin / looks good on the wall (my Sony is like 4"+ deep). We are going to get rid of the media console table and currently use a Ndivia Shield TV as our "cable box". I think that could be mounted on the wall behind the TV, as it's only about the size of a Galaxy Note

Couch is 8ft from wall, so Rtings suggests 57" :

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

So any good deals for thin / small bezel, 55-60" TV's + a nice wall mount that allows TV to pull out, turn angle towards the side (towards are kitchen)?

Anything specific to look for in a mount? Good brands? Need it to be able to tilt / angle towards kitchen.

What's your budget?

I'm seeing 50 inch smart TVs by Sharp, RCA, etc for $300 or less, is it worth it?
Ex: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-...d-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6319561.p?skuId=6319561

Keep in mind, I'm not a huge TV person and my current television is some off-brand 40 inch from 2010, so just about anything will be an improvement :lol:
You'll probably be satisfied with it for sure. My first 4K TV was off brand and I was pretty happy with it over my previous HDTV. Can't go wrong with that price

What's your budget?

Haha I shouldnt have posted the question, because I didn't even give anyone time to respond.

Ended up buying the 55" Vizio Quantum M Series for $500 at Best Buy. Was going to wait and see if I could get it a little cheaper using cashback sites or something, but they had it in stock when no one else around me did (Walmart Costco etc).

Bought a Rocketfish full motion mount for $149, but taking it back. Ended up going with a very similar Harbor Freight version, which has a higher weight capacity and was only $38.
T
I ran into the issue that my wall has metal studs, which comes with complications as the hardware for most mounts is specifically for 2x4 wood studs. So had to build a plywood backing, which is screwed into the metal studs and has a TapCon 3/8" x 4" concrete bolt in each corner. Those are drilled through the plywood, through the drywall, and into the concrete wall. Just painted the plywood to match our grey wall color, then we'll mount the TV. I kind of wanted to add a few toggle bolts just for extra peace of mind, but it feels sturdy. If we hang it and it feels anything less than solid, I'll take it back off add some.

Just copped my 3rd OLED... 65 inch C8. Gave my mom my old 65 inch E6 and I bought a 55 inch B7 when I moved out here last year. Will be very glad to have another 65 inch... soon as I figure out when my next day off will be so I can get it delivered. $1,400 @ Conn's if you can find one, they are going quick. I bought the floor model but made sure there was no burn in, still have 1 year manufactures warranty. I paid $2,400 for my E6, also floor model but at Best Buy. At this rate I feel like I will have to gram the 77 C9 if I ever see it go on clearance for low enough ($2,500-3k) next year.

So... got my TV delivered on Monday, and when I'm on a mostly red or yellow screen I see this.

20190916_190019.jpg

Panel is completely ruined thanks to the stupid *** store loop, why they still do this with these types of TVs I'll never understand.

Anyway LGs customer service is legit... put in my repair claim yesterday (said there were 2 dead pixels on the bottom right side of the TV), they contacted my this morning and the repairman is coming tomorrow with the new panel that will be installed by noon!

I'm thinking about copping a 43' 4K soon. I'm debating between the Samsung RU7100 and the LG UK6300.

Unless you're using it at a desk, you probably won't get much use out of the added resolution at that size...

Anyway, the repairman installed my new panel with out a hitch. I had taken some pics and videos of the process on SC but I forgot to save them, but I am definitely very happy with LGs customer service and I'll probably cop the 77 inch C9 next year.

20190926_130433.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom