Anyone have a Mercedes Benz S550?

Any cons to car? Anything I need to know before buying?

I'm looking to trade in my Tesla for a S550.

Thread is above my pay grade.

MSRP: $96000

Welp

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

I was looking at what they already have at the dealer and I like the white, black, and silver. I'd probably leave everything stock and just tint the windows.

Nah serious question though, why are you trading your Tesla for a Benz?

Looking to cop the Model 3 or S in late 2019/early 2020.

frank why the change in heart is it because range anxiety etc etc? Reason I ask is because one day I probably want to move in the direction of a tesla

frank why the change in heart is it because range anxiety etc etc? Reason I ask is because one day I probably want to move in the direction of a tesla
Nah serious question though, why are you trading your Tesla for a Benz?

Looking to cop the Model 3 or S in late 2019/early 2020.

Cause the warranty is almost over. I've had mine for almost four years and if they had they had the option to lease it back then I would've done that instead of purchasing it outright. I've had numerous problems with mine, detailed in the Tesla thread. The most recent one was due to the charger not working which needed the cable and the charger to be replaced along with all four windows and 3 door handles and one of the hydraulic pumps on the trunk being replaced.

If it was out of warranty I'd probably be paying close to $20k to have that all fixed cause no one else can fix a Tesla as of this moment.

I've had Mercedes in the past, mainly the E-Class and test drove several S-Class in the past but I'm looking to get the S now before I run out of my warranty in a few months. I guess the upside of my car is I have unlimited supercharging unlike the newer Teslas but I've never used it so it's pointless to me. Also, with Mercedes I can at least take it to a hood spot if the warranty is over to get it fixed for cheap.

Or I could just get a new Camry or Civic/Accord and still have $70k+ left over/saved.

Just beware Mercedes devalue like fuvk, nice car all in all. Personally I would go for a BMW over a Mercedes any day. They hold their value and pretty much blow most Mercedes out of the water when it comes to performance. But if losing money ain´t and issue for you and your a Merc fan then go for it !

Already have a BMW. It's also been to the shop numerous times and I still need to get the passenger doors and locks fixed. The car won't lock and the rear door won't open. No thanks jeff

USC50BMC641A021001.jpg

BMW M4 same price bracket your looking at, and when ever you choose to sell it you would have lost virtually no money at all.
Mercedes to me is a bulky oversized statement car thats put together cheap. And pushed out to every lease company. So every bod who has a bit of a credit rating has one.

Cause the warranty is almost over. I've had mine for almost four years and if they had they had the option to lease it back then I would've done that instead of purchasing it outright. I've had numerous problems with mine, detailed in the Tesla thread. The most recent one was due to the charger not working which needed the cable and the charger to be replaced along with all four windows and 3 door handles and one of the hydraulic pumps on the trunk being replaced.

If it was out of warranty I'd probably be paying close to $20k to have that all fixed cause no one else can fix a Tesla as of this moment.

I've had Mercedes in the past, mainly the E-Class and test drove several S-Class in the past but I'm looking to get the S now before I run out of my warranty in a few months. I guess the upside of my car is I have unlimited supercharging unlike the newer Teslas but I've never used it so it's pointless to me. Also, with Mercedes I can at least take it to a hood spot if the warranty is over to get it fixed for cheap.

Or I could just get a new Camry or Civic/Accord and still have $70k+ left over/saved.
The new Accords kinda slick, get that blacked out with the tints and throw the extra money into the bank/investments :pimp:

I would get one if I was in the market for a whip right now

Dont have one but was looking at getting one soon. To me some of them look really nice and others are just basic. I think alot has to do with the rims and any additional trim

Was also looking at the BMW 750, Porsche Panamera and Audi A7/8.

Back
Top Bottom