Anyone have experience with epilepsy?

A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. Other than that, he's 100% healthy, active, etc. so this came as a huge surprise to him after he had his first seizure. He's hesitant to start taking meds because he thinks it might have a negative effect on him so I was wondering if any of you guys know someone in the same situation or went through this first hand and could share some insight of how things turned out, thanks.

just had a couple seizures a few months back . hadn't happened to me since i was a baby. they get me on meds now, light stuff , nothings happened since . good luck to your boy .....

Tell your boy to take the meds. I have a boy who suffers from the same disorder and if he goes more than a day or 2 without taking the medicine he will have seizures.

Thanks for the replies, he's just a little taken back by the whole thing right now. I'll bump this with the hope that someone with first hand experience can pitch in

sad story but my cousin had this too and he always used to take his meds but sometimes it would make him fatigued and tired so he stopped taking them and unfortunately he had a seizure in the middle of the night and passed away

so tell him to take his meds and not stop

When I was a youngin'; haven't had any since.

I was actually precluded from a drug study because I had a prior history of them. I was lightweight salty at first, but knew it was for my own good.

Back
Top Bottom