Anyone hear Jay Bilas on Dan Le Batard's radio show?...this is stupid.

i mean im assuming yall play at the very least pick up ball ... you got white dudes that act and play "black" and then straight up whiteys ie.. jasonwilliams and luc longley ... even j will with his, dare i call it "black flare," isnt considered an athletic human being ... when i saw ty reversedunk i thought to myself "damn that looked awkward" and the same can go for many white players ... the truth is what lebatard was suggesting waspointless in the grand scheme of things, but ist not like ESPN offers insightful conversation more that 90% of the time ... when i listen to th ething i hear asalty bilas stuttering and talking in circles cuz he wants to avoid the issue dan brought up

You ever assume it is, because there isn't any? And nobody form Europe has been called the next LeBron, Kobe, Dwight, and frankly no black players are even called that, so again, you're going nowhere.
... read what you just wrote, and then look at what ive been saying and lebatard was suggesting and then try to get a clue ... THATS THE FREAKINPOINT ... there isnt any home grown whiteys that can compare so if beasley was white would you be weary of picking him OR is ty getting a bad rap cuz heswhite? ... no black players are called that? i seem to remember damn near numerous players being called the next MJ and its only a matter of time beforesomeone is the next Kobe ...
You and LeBetard's attempt to try to draw some parallel to past real world racism and oppression is futile and flawed on so many levels. For one, the NBA is run by other white people, so it's not like you can act like a bunch of black dudes are up there deciding not to give whites an opportunity for no other reason than their being white.
hollup hollup hollup ... who is being racist here? did lebatard (or me for that matter) suggest that white people are being "held back"cuz they are white lol? you blowin things out of proportion cuz i know damn well me personally im not taking ty with my second round pick let alone my first ifi was a GM and thats real talk coming froma white person ...
But let's just call me racist because I like the black player better. That's productive
when did anyone say anyone was racist? im still trying to figure it out lol ...
If Beasley was the exact same player he is now, but white, he would still be a #1 prospect.
youre missing the point ... sure he would be, but lebatards point (as pointless as it is) was that would the lack of a home grown white superstarin teh NBA afect your decision if beasley was white ... im assuming NO would be your answer which is all this argument takes
And come down to Fort Sill one day. I'll introduce you to a bunch of white and Asian dudes who you'll see and assume aren't athletic and just shooters, who will come down and smooth dunk on your #** and make you apologize, or tall black dudes who you think can hoop but can't. [
ill play you one on one and ill show you a white boy with athleticism and hops ... i can dunk and im only 5'10 and white im not windmilling bti can do it ... point is you can go to ANY gym and see some ballin %%* white boys and asians and everything but YOU KNOW how they play ... real talk come to mygym and run 5's and see who you pick up as your teammates most likely its gonna be that 6'10 waste of space black guy ...

Nice to hear Bilas stop Dan in his tracks. It was a stupid comment to make, a relevant topic, being race, but stupid to talk about on air. Dan was justtrying to stir the pot and get a controversial topic started and he did it like a jerk. Not a huge Bilas fan but gained a lot of respect for him today.

There IS second guessing when it comes to the white American player. That's just the way it is. Hell it's hard enough picking who currently is the bestAmerican right this second. It's an ugly list.

Who even says Ty won't succeed because he's not athletic enough? Nobody who watches him much. Dude does reverse 360s on breakaways.
Turning your body 2/3 of the way before you even start to jump is not a reverse 360.

I do give him credit though for the jam as you obviously dont see that every day no matter how much he really spun. It was an athletic move.

I really don't think race has anything to do with the nature of success in the NBA. It's really about confidence in your game. If you don't thinkyou can posterize your opponent you probably never will.

The European players come to the NBA nearly all the same. They are great basketball players, but they don't have that confidence and aggressiveness thattranslates to the NBA right away. It takes them a season or two before they learn how the individual is empowered in the United States and why that isimportant to developing a cohesive team.

This is the image I use that best depicts the face of an individual determined to put the ball in the basket no matter what stands in their way. It is LutherHead after stealing the ball from Arizona in the 2005 Midwest Regional final. Illinois was down 15 with 3 minutes remaining and won the game.

I watched Andres Nocioni in his first playoff series against Washington. Nocioni was 25 at the time. He was a rookie for the Bulls. It was the first appearancein the postseason for the Bulls since 1998. Nobody told Nocioni that rookies don't drop 25 points in the first postseason game. Not that it would haveworked. Nocioni learned to play a different kind of game of basketball. Ginobili has the same thing going for him.

It's really just a demonstration of fearlessness. Nothing can stop me but myself.

You really can see the effects at the gym. There are players that think they're supposed to be a certain type of player because of their skin color.It's a self driven handicap. Just cast it away. It's a voluntary crutch.

laugh.gif
Bilas shoved it back in his face and forced him to end the interview.

The bottom line is - if you're good enough to get a shot in the NBA, you could be blue with flashing lights all over you... why this always has to comeback to race, i don't understand.

Are there a lot more athletic black guys playing in the NBA than white? Yes... but what's it matter? You don't just stop looking at white guys becauseright now there are more black guys in the league.. you look at everybody, i don't care where they're from or what race they happen to be - eitheryou're good enough or you aren't.

Is it worth noting the disparity between whites and blacks? Sure.. but who cares?

exactly... nobody question Jason Williams' athleticism(Florida). if you can ball then you can ball, thats all there is to it

Bilas did the right thing

well Josh smith was a guy with no jump shot and too athletic to Bilas coming out of hs...

straight up bust so far.

The weird thing to me is, Dan caught him COMPLETELY off guard with this question. If you're going to ask a guest about something this controversial on air,why wouldn't you let them know before hand?

If I were Bilas, I'd be pissed too. Being on the stage that he's on every single day, that's not something I'd be happy about being thrown inmy lap without some sort of notice.

Athleticism is the same whether you're black, white, brown, whatever. So is talent. When there's a white American player, you've got the physicaltools and talent to be a top prospect, you will be a top prospect. The notion that GMs will shy away from a player because of nationality/race is ridiculous.

i personally think theres two sides that causing this argument and its Dan's fault yall arguin (in my eyes anyway) for not explaining his true intentions for the question

Marley believes Dan was tryin to ask if the Gm's are, or do you think GM's would be reluctant to draft TY cause he's white

the others think Dan was askin should GM's be reluctant to draft cause he's white (which is messed up, so is the above)

at least thats how i think i see it.

Helay24 wrote:

Nice to hear Bilas stop Dan in his tracks. It was a stupid comment to make, a relevant topic, being race, but stupid to talk about on air. Dan was just trying to stir the pot and get a controversial topic started and he did it like a jerk. Not a huge Bilas fan but gained a lot of respect for him today.

Now, i am almost certain you didnt mean it the way i am interpreting what you said....

but for some one to say thats not something to talk about on AIR seems (or at least to me) stirs up MY BELIEFS that there are a lot of Closet racists in theworld and its somethin that Whites can be "REAL" about their true beliefs behind closed doors. Thats why we got all these SLIP UPS (Freudianslips
wink.gif
) on FOX NEWs

I personally believe that Jay did the right thing, you dont have to talk about it, if you dont want.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

The bottom line is - if you're good enough to get a shot in the NBA, you could be blue with flashing lights all over you... why this always has to come back to race, i don't understand.

Are there a lot more athletic black guys playing in the NBA than white? Yes... but what's it matter? You don't just stop looking at white guys because right now there are more black guys in the league.. you look at everybody, i don't care where they're from or what race they happen to be - either you're good enough or you aren't.

Is it worth noting the disparity between whites and blacks? Sure.. but who cares?

^pretty much...

Bilas murked LeRetard there...dude said "well then, take offense...it's stupid"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

yall can stoneface me if you want but bilas stays on a high horse for some reason and i dont know why ... im waiting for someone to disagree with what lebatard was saying ... ... ... crickets ... ... ... bilas just doesnt wanna touch the race issue cuz hes a upper class white dude out of touch with the culuture of todays players ... fact is if you are a close knit bball team jokes about players being white and non athletic are common place and even in your local gym white players wont be viewed AS athletic as black players ... name a white superstar that isnt from europe?

I think I will

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

this is stupid....

I don't mind Bilas get heating, his asked to evaluate these guys, not simply but a check next to their race....

I'm not surprised that people are talking about topics like this especially Dan because when he is on PTI he be trying to bring this topic up.

Helay24 wrote:

Nice to hear Bilas stop Dan in his tracks. It was a stupid comment to make, a relevant topic, being race, but stupid to talk about on air. Dan was just trying to stir the pot and get a controversial topic started and he did it like a jerk. Not a huge Bilas fan but gained a lot of respect for him today.
Now, i am almost certain you didnt mean it the way i am interpreting what you said....

but for some one to say thats not something to talk about on AIR seems (or at least to me) stirs up MY BELIEFS that there are a lot of Closet racists in the world and its somethin that Whites can be "REAL" about their true beliefs behind closed doors. Thats why we got all these SLIP UPS (Freudian slips
wink.gif
) on FOX NEWs

I personally believe that Jay did the right thing, you dont have to talk about it, if you dont want.

i personally think theres two sides that causing this argument and its Dan's fault yall arguin (in my eyes anyway) for not explaining his trueintentions for the question

Marley believes Dan was tryin to ask if the Gm's are, or do you think GM's would be reluctant to draft TY causehe's white

the others think Dan was askin should GM's be reluctant to draft cause he's white (which is messed up, so is the above)

at least thats how i think i see it.

Back
Top Bottom