anyone here been on the LOSING side of a state championship game?

what sport and how did it play out? howd u feel the next couple days

do u use the excuse if we did ______then we would have won or we lost by x amount of points?

tell stories

Not state but lost in C.I.F Finals.

My junior year vs. Orange Lutheran in Division III high school volleyball. Match went to 5 games. We won the first and fourth game and got destroyed in thefifth, 8-15. Myself, I had a horrible game, hit .195 with 14 kills.
Lost in the quarter-finals my senior year
ohwell.gif

Again, not state, but in a BBall League I was in we lost 2 championship games in a row.
frown.gif

First one, we got killed. Nothing we could you do. Second one, our best player got hurt in the first half so that didnt help.
laugh.gif

Lost in the playoffs (way it works in Massachusetts is their is only the semi's then the State Championship so I guess its pretty close) when I was asophomore, just played a better team can't really say much. Probably could have called some better plays but we hit this program right in the middle oftheir "streak" (the team didn't lose a game for the 4 years I was in high school) so I dunno if much would have changed.

My senior year we didn't lose the state championship but lost the league title due to a blocked punt
indifferent.gif
and then a missed field goal
indifferent.gif
. I felt like wewere the better team (even with our best player on the team/in the state at the time out with an injury) in this scenario but hey they ended up scoring 1 pointthan us so it doesn't really matter what I think.

Originally Posted by stima33

Lost in the playoffs (way it works in Massachusetts is their is only the semi's then the State Championship so I guess its pretty close) when I was a sophomore, just played a better team can't really say much. Probably could have called some better plays but we hit this program right in the middle of their "streak" (the team didn't lose a game for the 4 years I was in high school) so I dunno if much would have changed.

My senior year we didn't lose the state championship but lost the league title due to a blocked punt
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. I felt like we were the better team (even with our best player on the team/in the state at the time out with an injury) in this scenario but hey they ended up scoring 1 point than us so it doesn't really matter what I think.

hey im from mass. where u from

My junior year in high school we lost the state championship in basketball. It was the best game I ever played. But it was one of my worst memories ever. Mycoach got kicked out the game at halftime. Our assistant coach really did not know how to coach so I was a player coach for the rest of the game. At the end itis hard for me not to think that race played a part if the loss. We were the only team with black players and a black head coach. We lost the game in the lastminutes of the game. We had a silly turnover and a kid on my team missed a lay-up that would have tied the game. They wrote about the game in the paper thenext day and I could not even read the article. That happened about 5 yrs ago and I still did not read that article. The thing that is the most crazy is thatmy name is in blood print in the paper. How many people do like to read about themselves?

06-07 cif southern section football championship. played WR for La Quinta High, we lost to JW North. i tore my ACL, MCL miniscus, etc. in my knee in thefirst quarter from a mis-step on field turf( it was faster than i expected), our tailback got a concussion on the last play before halftime, all the wheelsfell off. JW was a good team, so i wont knock them, but "we shoulda won". as for my knee, surgery meant no rugby or track my senior year, bummer. butlife goes on i learned. because college makes you realize, o ya that was only highschool...

lost city championship bball...had 18pts first halk...freakin coach didnt play me 3rd qtr thought i needed a ''rest''...got down 4th qtr endedup losing
tired.gif

I lost two state championship games in high school ball, and the next few days were tough but you get over it. Oh and the won state title I did win easily madeup for the pain of the losses.

In 1991 we lost to Stephen Davis,yes the one from the ******** and the Panthers. Dude was beastin at six one 230. Was the fastest thing i have ever seen atthat size. He took a pitch on a toss and was ghost no rumbling bumbling ,dude was gone. We had a 320lb dt ,Davis just truck sticked him.That truck was on thefront page of the state paper the next day. We had two twin brothers playing corner,Clemson bound,they remixed the term arm tackle. Shook like a chandelierduring a earthquake. We were #14 in the USA Today rankings. 13and 0.Our qb Wally Richardson did not throw a int all year, threw 2. Not his fault o-line noprotection.Wally went to Penn State and played for the Ravens and the XFL. IMO bad coaching. Our running back had 115 yds on 5 carries in the first half andstopped geting the ball. BTW i was trash on the bench the whole game.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

Originally Posted by stima33

Lost in the playoffs (way it works in Massachusetts is their is only the semi's then the State Championship so I guess its pretty close) when I was a sophomore, just played a better team can't really say much. Probably could have called some better plays but we hit this program right in the middle of their "streak" (the team didn't lose a game for the 4 years I was in high school) so I dunno if much would have changed.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. I felt like we were the better team (even with our best player on the team/in the state at the time out with an injury) in this scenario but hey they ended up scoring 1 point than us so it doesn't really matter what I think.

hey im from mass. where u from

Its cool they let them play at Foxoboro for the super bowl. I went to the game where chelmsford won this year, coldest i might have ever been.

But lost in the state final junior year then beat the same team the next year in the state final. gotta love Maine High School Sports

Once in a 3 on 3 summer tournament. It sucked. We lost the first game and had to play back to back to back games to get to the championship. It was hot as hellthat day too. We just ran out of gas.

The next year we won it all though, which was just this last month
pimp.gif

Undefeated this time, 6-0 in the tournament and we won $600
pimp.gif

My team senior year lost to the eventual state champs, but we also beat 2 other state champs in other divisions during theyear. (4 total state champs in Ohio every year)

California Cup
U12 Boys soccer.

Lost in semis to a team (Chivas Jr) we have beaten time and time again. The team that won the championship (Santa Rosa Gold) was the team we actually beat toqualify for the round of 16...

Sophmore year lost a game that would've put us in the playoffs, I missed the game winner(we were down by 1).

Felt like doodoo the rest of the month

not state championship but in hockey, 3 seasons ago my team one the championship and then the next 2 years we were eliminated in the first round bothtimes....its a damn shame considering we had the best team all 3 years.... just a couple bad games in the playoffs

in hockey last season we went undeafeated in season pla and then won the championship but the next season we got moved up 2 diviions!!!...that season we went4-6 and slipped into playoffs....the story ends there because next week is the first round lol

Nope Junior year we won the Lacrosse City Championship in Sudden Death overtime after we trailed by 3 goals in the 2nd half.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom