Anyone here just say F it and up and sold their entire collection?

Lately I've been thinking of just getting rid of about 95% of my collection. I've got around 85 pair and the majority of them are deadstock. I feel like I enjoy the chase more than the catch and once I have what I'm looking for I just move on to the "next one". It's almost like an insatiable addiction.

I've gotten rid of a few things here and there, and once they are gone I have no regrets and dont think twice about it, but the hardest part is just taking that first step on deciding to let something go.

I even went as far as making a spreadsheet as to realistically how much I could make off my sales. As soon as I see the $ amount I'm all in, but as soon as I flip the lid of the first pair of shoes on that list, I start second guessing myself and just put them back in the closet.

Another thing that holds me back is alot of the shoes I have are OGs or first run retros, and I seriously doubt JB will ever retro them in the same quality again.

Anyway, any of you guys just up and have a fire sale? How did you feel about it afterwards?

You'll be back.

In all seriousness, I had a time where i wanted to sell all my shoes and stick to the basics but you go and look into your collection and is really hard. I have managed to sell most of my non wears and I never looked back. I now limit myself with what I buy.

Last edited:
I've though about it but honestly I don't need to even though I don't wear most of them anymore. May as well keep them and give them to my kid/grandkid someday

I did it. Felt good. The hell do I want all those shoes sitting in my closet for.

I have about 6-8 pairs now I rotate and thats more than enough.

Yup sold it all, funny thing is I thought I would be back but nope i'm still clean. I've bought shoes here and there only to be like naw i'm still over it and they just sit. Plus I been out the game bout 3-4 yrs now that I don't even know how to buy the decent releases nowadays especially in this "bot" era.

I wanted the Blk/Red 11s (NT wouldn't have stood for the name Bred's back in the day), concords, Cement 3/4s, I see the Grapes, Bugs Bunny VIII's, Laneys are coming out but i'm good off all those now. Main thing that turned me off was everything looks fake nowadays and the prices are way too high and releases too frequent. I'm glad they've been dropping heat but it's kinda a buzzkill when every shoe I wanted in my childhood I can attain within 2yrs.

I'd rather rock some Air Maxes cause of the comfort :pimp:

I've sold off close to 100 pairs since August. Down to about 90 or so pairs. Will only keep my Kobe's and a couple pairs of max's. I'm down to 2 pairs of jays, but I don't think I'll sell them either.

Last edited:
Yup sold it all, funny thing is I thought I would be back but nope i'm still clean. I've bought shoes here and there only to be like naw i'm still over it and they just sit. Plus I been out the game bout 3-4 yrs now that I don't even know how to buy the decent releases nowadays especially in this "bot" era.

I wanted the Blk/Red 11s (NT wouldn't have stood for the name Bred's back in the day), concords, Cement 3/4s, I see the Grapes, Bugs Bunny VIII's, Laneys are coming out but i'm good off all those now. Main thing that turned me off was everything looks fake nowadays and the prices are way too high and releases too frequent. I'm glad they've been dropping heat but it's kinda a buzzkill when every shoe I wanted in my childhood I can attain within 2yrs.

I'd rather rock some Air Maxes cause of the comfort :pimp:
Likewise. I refuse to call them breds. I buy here and there for kicks and giggles. I sold my collection in the mid 2000s when the SB hype was in full effect. A lot of the shoes that drop now would've been known as variants back in the earlier days.

Prices have gone up quite a bit too. $150 was pretty much the max for new Jordans with retros being around $125 in the early 2000s.

Last pairs I bought were 2 pairs of the Bred 11's. Other than that nothing else really excites me. I can control myself.

Still need a pair of flyknits. 
mean.gif

I've though about it but honestly I don't need to even though I don't wear most of them anymore. May as well keep them and give them to my kid/grandkid someday

just my $0.02, the sneakers will be crumbled dust by the time your kids ( especially grandkids) are big enought to fit in them. You want to pass on something to them? Sell your kicks, take that cash and open up a trust fund for them.

As far as my collection? Ive been selling off most of my gr blazers, runners and dunks, and others that I dont wear that much. And im slowly selling off my jordans.
With JB making retros and re-retros, Im discouraged in wearing the same kicks as these young hypebeasts.

Ive been keeping other basketball gems and personal favorites that havent been retroed.

Working in an office, i hardly wear kicks, so i dont need the 70+ pairs i had months ago.

At it's peak my collection reached 472 pairs. I've been downsizing it since 2008 and I am at around 68 pairs. I am trying to get down to 20 pairs, but even that is a challenge.

cant do it, I have a storage for my resell kicks, so I just keep some personal in there.

I have like 10 I told myself I'd wear on a special day, but I can't imagine 10 special days :lol:

DMPs, cement bo jacksons, tuxedo pack trainers, af1s, union 180s

It's a pain to sell pairs. Since I don't trust eBay and PayPal and Craigslist is flake city

Last edited:
At it's peak my collection reached 472 pairs. I've been downsizing it since 2008 and I am at around 68 pairs. I am trying to get down to 20 pairs, but even that is a challenge.

472? WOWSERS

It's a pain to sell pairs. Since I don't trust eBay and PayPal and Craigslist is flake city

i agree 100% Thats why i use my local cosignment shop here in nyc, its called Image. They do everything FCNY does except they only take 15% commission, unlike FCNY 30%.
You just drop off the kicks and they hit you up when they sell them. Plus they pay in cash, no checks.

If you're already considering it, do it. At least sell half and see how you feel after that. If you live in the LA area, easiest way to cash out is to bring your collection to RIF and they pay cash on the spot.

The thing that makes it tough right now to not buy shoes is that they're coming out with alot of Jordans that I wanted as a kid.

I had about 100 im down to around 70, I wanna get to 50 and I will be good. This is the time to sell, I remember people would laugh if you tried to sell worn retro Jordan's over retail. Now routinely I see people asking for 100 over retail for worn kicks....

I did it... I had like 20 pairs of jordans...sold like 11 of them..they rest are just too messed up to be sold..I dont care about jordans like I used too...but maybe when I have some money I will buy shoes I like thats it

Last edited:
Downsized a lot. I probably have about 30 pairs of shoes now. Have bought recent jordan releases though just because I've always wanted them (bred 13s and royal1). I still buy other shoes, but tend to buy them more for "necessity" now I.e. I need some new running shoes what are some good ones out or coming out? Not really stalking releases anymore even if I'm in the thread.

Most of the shoes I still have aren't even worth selling.

Sounds like youve grown up :lol:

I sold all the "grails" i had. Grapes, Carmines, Hare 7s etc.
I still have a bunch of kicks and buy stuff casually but i don't beast over anything anymore. If i can't get it online or casually walk into a store i don't buy them. When you have a job where you can't wear sneakers everyday you realize how stupid it is to own 70+ pairs....when you can wear them at most 2 days a week.

Back
Top Bottom