DO NOT SELL SHOES ON EBAY

Insane. I’ve been trying to off some used pairs on eBay. I had two pairs fail inspection. They are both pairs that were purchased from snkrs, listed as pre owned. They told me my 4’s failed because the box wasn’t the original box (pretty sure it was) and even if it wasn’t, they are pre owned!!!

Spent 30 mins on the phone with them yesterday over this BS and now they just did the same thing to ANOTHER pair of shoes and the reason says for the box… and I know DANG well it’s the box that came with it.

What a waste of my time to sell these shoes, ship them out, have them fail inspection for box issues on pre owned listings!!! Just to have to wait for them to ship back to me.

FFFFF eBay!!

If the one box you know for a fact was right, that sucks. Try Zuckerberg Marketplace :lol:

I know for a fact one was right, but if it’s pre owned, what difference does it make.

They did give me a 50 dollar coupon for my troubles tho. Gonna call and complain again later 🤣

I know for a fact one was right, but if it’s pre owned, what difference does it make.

They did give me a 50 dollar coupon for my troubles tho. Gonna call and complain again later 🤣

It makes all the difference. Read their terms—everything has to be described precisely, especially on used shoes. All flaws, missing/different laces, replacement box, etc. All the details have to match between your description and the actual shoes.

Sounds like user error on the first pair and an overzealous authenticator on the other if you know for sure it was the OG box.

I only buy new but I watch top shelf kicks on YouTube and he always prays used pairs pass the legit check. Usually high priced used shoes get sent back and marked as fake. And he did a eBay commercial yet still goes through the same bs you are dealing with.

I put my LV jacket for sale on there - I brought it out of the store and still have the receipt (I have a picture of me wearing it in the dressing room of the store with the bag and box I brought it from) - got it sold and went to the Authenticator- they declared it counterfeit, not passing the authentication process. I called for their reasoning - they said the weight was off.:lol:

Luckily, the buyer still wanted it and sold it through PayPal and provided the receipt for proof.

Last edited:
What does being pre owned have anything to do with you may or may not knowing if it’s the right box? Just because a shoe is used doesn’t mean you can send the wrong box if you don’t state that it’s a replacement box :lol:

Yeah in terms of value it seems like the shoe is the box and vice versa.

Honestly I’m starting to question if they were in the wrong box or not now that a second pair failed for wrong box and I know darn well they were in the stock box 🤣

My buyer was annoyed too and still wants the shoes

Yeah. In my description I ALWAYS make sure to take pics of the box or, specify that it doesn’t have an original box or if any accessories are missing.

You have to go into detail about everything. It may sound like nitpicking but, it’s important.

Some people WANT the original box, some don’t. It’s a case by case basis

I’ve come to terms that eBay will ALWAYS side with the customer. So as a sellers, don’t give them any leeway to screw you over. Make sure things are as precise as possible

It wasn’t even the buyer, eBay’s authentication failed them, the buyer still wants them.

Upon further research, it was indeed my mistake, there are 2 style codes for the 2019 Bred Jordan 4’s, I thought listing them as 2019 Jordan IV black/cement/red would be good enough. Relisted them under the matching style code to the box and the same seller bought so hopefully the pass this time.

This happened to me as a buyer a couple of years ago. I bought a pair of Dunks but they failed inspection because the size in the listing was different than the actual size. Then they failed again because there was fading and more used than in the listing.

So frustrating.

It's not as bad as scamx though.

Those ****ers cut the tags off some gloves, masks, and opened my ps5 and said they were used. Everything I sent was still sealed and had proof and they said oh well, nothing they can do now.

This happened to me as a buyer a couple of years ago. I bought a pair of Dunks but they failed inspection because the size in the listing was different than the actual size. Then they failed again because there was fading and more used than in the listing.

So frustrating.

As someone who's been sent mismatched pairs twice over a decade ago. I don't see the issue.

One shoe was the correct size the other was not. I only noticed on the second pair because they were 2 sizes different vs 1/2 size difference on the first. I got my money back easily on the second but it was way too late to do any about the first.

New title: Buy your shoes on eBay

J/k sorry this happened to you cragmatic cragmatic . & good for you for owning up to the error. Our society needs more of that

It was my error, but at least on StockX they ask “are you sure this is the correct model, there are multiple versions of this model” didn’t realize there were two style codes for the 2019’s but I guess it makes sense. The buyer rebought them anyway so it’s still a hassle.

Back
Top Bottom