anyone here unDS'd a pair of 4's from '99 and not had them crack?

dj proto j

Banned
bred and white cement IV's, from '99...

like, recently, in the last couple years, un DS'd and worn them regularly, enough to know if they're gonna crack or not by now...

just always hearing that DS pairs are almost definitely gonna crack if worn now, even if the air bubble is clear and midsoles are firm.

just trying to figure out if i wanna take a chance on a DS pair or not... cuz ya know if they do retro the white cements they're not gonna have that nike air on the back, and this is one shoe that just won't look right without it...

bred and white cement IV's, from '99...

like, recently, in the last couple years, un DS'd and worn them regularly, enough to know if they're gonna crack or not by now...

just always hearing that DS pairs are almost definitely gonna crack if worn now, even if the air bubble is clear and midsoles are firm.

just trying to figure out if i wanna take a chance on a DS pair or not... cuz ya know if they do retro the white cements they're not gonna have that nike air on the back, and this is one shoe that just won't look right without it...

I unds'd mine a couple weeks ago. The grey part on the side where it meets the black part of the sole cracked a little bit on both shoes. Only if I pull it apart with my fingers you can see it. It's minimal for now. The rest is good (for now) with fogged air bubbles.

I unds'd mine a couple weeks ago. The grey part on the side where it meets the black part of the sole cracked a little bit on both shoes. Only if I pull it apart with my fingers you can see it. It's minimal for now. The rest is good (for now) with fogged air bubbles.

man i have a pair of 99 bred 4s they are so beat but im still rocking them to the fullest theyve been sole swapped and im afraid of them just falling apart on me. they already started coming out on small areas of the shoe. not crumbling tho the soles are good but idk how long itd last for me

man i have a pair of 99 bred 4s they are so beat but im still rocking them to the fullest theyve been sole swapped and im afraid of them just falling apart on me. they already started coming out on small areas of the shoe. not crumbling tho the soles are good but idk how long itd last for me

My advice to you would be to get over the mystique of these "grails". I had a pair of Black/Red '99 4's for years that i decided to wear for the first time last year in august for my birthday. All went well. Air bubble crystal clear.

I wore them again this year when the weather got nicer, 2 more times. The last time i wore them, i notice the black part of the midsole was lifting. on both shoes. I wore them one more time, and they officially began to split.

Its not worth paying the stupid prices. Save your money for something that wont fall apart on you.

I'm too lazy to put up pictures now, but rest assure, the shoes look like they're brand new, yet the midsole is crumbling. It really sucks.

My advice to you would be to get over the mystique of these "grails". I had a pair of Black/Red '99 4's for years that i decided to wear for the first time last year in august for my birthday. All went well. Air bubble crystal clear.

I wore them again this year when the weather got nicer, 2 more times. The last time i wore them, i notice the black part of the midsole was lifting. on both shoes. I wore them one more time, and they officially began to split.

Its not worth paying the stupid prices. Save your money for something that wont fall apart on you.

I'm too lazy to put up pictures now, but rest assure, the shoes look like they're brand new, yet the midsole is crumbling. It really sucks.

It's basically a 50/50 chance. It's why I stopped hunting for a pair. Because their either DS and probably not wearable or damn near beat. And I'm cool on taking a $500 gamble.

It's basically a 50/50 chance. It's why I stopped hunting for a pair. Because their either DS and probably not wearable or damn near beat. And I'm cool on taking a $500 gamble.

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

QFT. it's always 50/50 with shoes 10+ years of age. And actually less depending how they were stored. When I broke mine out, I was hella cautious. Luckily, I didn't shell out bank for them and just wearing them out for what ever life they have left.

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

QFT. it's always 50/50 with shoes 10+ years of age. And actually less depending how they were stored. When I broke mine out, I was hella cautious. Luckily, I didn't shell out bank for them and just wearing them out for what ever life they have left.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

sad but true. Especially on jordans which command high prices yet have the propensity to crumble for some reason when shoes of the same year that are runners or trainers more often than not dont.

sad but true. Especially on jordans which command high prices yet have the propensity to crumble for some reason when shoes of the same year that are runners or trainers more often than not dont.

It's a 50/50.

Most likely, if they are going to crack, they will as soon as you start walking in them.

There are a lot of horror stories from un-DS '99's.

It's a 50/50.

Most likely, if they are going to crack, they will as soon as you start walking in them.

There are a lot of horror stories from un-DS '99's.

i unds mine's in june... worn them about 6-7 times since then and in clubs..they been through heavy dancing ,partying and walking...no cracking what so ever......the air bunbles  were clear but they slightly tined in 2 months... thats the only problem...i think they will hold p for the next few years....

i recommend keeping them in a weekly or bi weekly rotation....

i unds mine's in june... worn them about 6-7 times since then and in clubs..they been through heavy dancing ,partying and walking...no cracking what so ever......the air bunbles  were clear but they slightly tined in 2 months... thats the only problem...i think they will hold p for the next few years....

Back
Top Bottom