anyone here unDS'd a pair of 4's from '99 and not had them crack?

i unds mine's in june... worn them about 6-7 times since then and in clubs..they been through heavy dancing ,partying and walking...no cracking what so ever......the air bunbles  were clear but they slightly tined in 2 months... thats the only problem...i think they will hold p for the next few years....

i recommend keeping them in a weekly or bi weekly rotation....

166189468-7ad55f29d4fa9d4272f9860670bd687e.4c9ad7c8-full.jpg

Been wearing Mine at least once every three months for the last 2 years and have no signs of cracking at all!

Been wearing Mine at least once every three months for the last 2 years and have no signs of cracking at all!

I wouldn't DJ Proto. On the ISS wearability thread most of them will tell you that deadstock pairs are too risky. For every 1 person who has a pair that's wearable, there are 10 that crack after 1-2 wears. If anything I would just buy a VVVNDS pair that was well taken care of. Those are hard to come by that's what I am looking for. 

I wouldn't DJ Proto. On the ISS wearability thread most of them will tell you that deadstock pairs are too risky. For every 1 person who has a pair that's wearable, there are 10 that crack after 1-2 wears. If anything I would just buy a VVVNDS pair that was well taken care of. Those are hard to come by that's what I am looking for. 

well, i've actually got a really clean pair of both, breds and white cements, both were used when i copped and both are wearable thus far.

but i found a DS pair of white cements that i've been thinking of taking a chance on, cuz the seller claims the midsoles are firm, and the bubbles are clear. but today i found out prior to this seller having them, the previous owner kept them sealed in ziplock bags. that's a BIG no-no apparently. they'll most likely crack within a couple wears.

well, i've actually got a really clean pair of both, breds and white cements, both were used when i copped and both are wearable thus far.

but i found a DS pair of white cements that i've been thinking of taking a chance on, cuz the seller claims the midsoles are firm, and the bubbles are clear. but today i found out prior to this seller having them, the previous owner kept them sealed in ziplock bags. that's a BIG no-no apparently. they'll most likely crack within a couple wears.

is just shoes.... shoes are meant to be worn soo wear them before they crack on ya.....

is just shoes.... shoes are meant to be worn soo wear them before they crack on ya.....

I have tons of older Jordan's/Sneakers, OG/First Retro, and these are really the ONLY pairs that have this issue and are so damn fragile so to speak :/ My 2 pairs that I bought in 99 (wore them like twice each in HS) and haven't touched them until last year.. Went to wear the White/Cement, paint was cracking, not sure if that meant the sole was as well, blah.

IMO? Depends on price, at that point then determine if it's worth the gamble.

I have tons of older Jordan's/Sneakers, OG/First Retro, and these are really the ONLY pairs that have this issue and are so damn fragile so to speak :/ My 2 pairs that I bought in 99 (wore them like twice each in HS) and haven't touched them until last year.. Went to wear the White/Cement, paint was cracking, not sure if that meant the sole was as well, blah.

IMO? Depends on price, at that point then determine if it's worth the gamble.

Originally Posted by JAYS

So should we all hop in the time machine and pick up pairs from 1999 and rock them so they can be worn today?

Originally Posted by JAYS

So should we all hop in the time machine and pick up pairs from 1999 and rock them so they can be worn today?

Originally Posted by aphexacid

My advice to you would be to get over the mystique of these "grails". I had a pair of Black/Red '99 4's for years that i decided to wear for the first time last year in august for my birthday. All went well. Air bubble crystal clear.

I wore them again this year when the weather got nicer, 2 more times. The last time i wore them, i notice the black part of the midsole was lifting. on both shoes. I wore them one more time, and they officially began to split.

Its not worth paying the stupid prices. Save your money for something that wont fall apart on you.

I'm too lazy to put up pictures now, but rest assure, the shoes look like they're brand new, yet the midsole is crumbling. It really sucks.
if u dont rock then they'll be fine, id just cop to show or flip for a profit

Originally Posted by aphexacid

My advice to you would be to get over the mystique of these "grails". I had a pair of Black/Red '99 4's for years that i decided to wear for the first time last year in august for my birthday. All went well. Air bubble crystal clear.

I wore them again this year when the weather got nicer, 2 more times. The last time i wore them, i notice the black part of the midsole was lifting. on both shoes. I wore them one more time, and they officially began to split.

Its not worth paying the stupid prices. Save your money for something that wont fall apart on you.

I'm too lazy to put up pictures now, but rest assure, the shoes look like they're brand new, yet the midsole is crumbling. It really sucks.
if u dont rock then they'll be fine, id just cop to show or flip for a profit

this reminds me i have a pair that's too small for me that i need to get rid of

i need to check the midsoles

of course not to the dude two posts ago, shoes were meant to be worn, OLD js are meant NOW to be collected

of course not to the dude two posts ago, shoes were meant to be worn, OLD js are meant NOW to be collected

this reminds me i have a pair that's too small for me that i need to get rid of

i need to check the midsoles

Back
Top Bottom