Anyone in the service..?

Its toward the end of my days left as a civillian as I will be shipping to boat camp in Fort Bragg, Georgia for training as an infantry soldier a week aftergraduation.

Am I making the worst mistake of my life and anyone in the same shoes?

why the heck would you pick infantry?
bad score on the ASVAB?
i think if you are gonna go in the military, you should attempt to get an MOS that pays well outside the military.

Good Luck and God Bless. I mean that, it takes a lot to give up your life for a country (....) .

on the ASVAB I got a 70.. not to bad. I qualified for alot of jobs actually. I always wanted to be a soldier, I didn't consider any other MOS.

boot camp????? you joined the army right..............we like to refer to it as basic training. infantry huh, you'll get to rock that blue cord with yourclass As and Dress Blues. all my infantry homies liked it, so i don't know what to tell you.

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

boot camp????? you joined the army right..............we like to refer to it as basic training. infantry huh, you'll get to rock that blue cord with your class As and Dress Blues. all my infantry homies liked it, so i don't know what to tell you.

How'd you like the army?

Question- I'm 18 almost 19....do i got to send something to them?
My friends say i was suppose to receive something from them,then i am suppose to send the paper back filled.

good luck and have fun, hyphy.

im 17. i became an official soldier five days ago. i just got my military id, today. on july 9th i will be shipped out to Fort Sill, Oklahoma. i chose 13BCannon Crewmember/Artillery for my MOS.

Damn^^....you were really serious about that???
I remember that "questions about the army" thread you made.
Wow,man Gl.

Originally Posted by hyphy iN MY NiKES

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

boot camp????? you joined the army right..............we like to refer to it as basic training. infantry huh, you'll get to rock that blue cord with your class As and Dress Blues. all my infantry homies liked it, so i don't know what to tell you.

How'd you like the army?

i looked at it as a job. i never saw myself going into the military when i was younger. i used it as a stepping stone to something else. so to answer yourquestion, i didn't NOT like it, i just didn't love it either………..i guess you could say i was impartial.

cia-map_iraq.jpg

Have fun over there, you should be one year in one year out at least. Multiple deployments are in your future.

^^^one year LOL. all army deployments are 15 month at least.

infantry ??? wtfffffff is wrong wit u ? u got a 70 in ur asvab, get a real job, one that can prepare u towards the future,something along the lines of what youlike. infantry you will be running and doing pt none stop, deploying none stop and even ur basic is gonna be worse than normal basic.

ive worked with the army most of my enlistment, deployed it the army to afghanistan, ate shhht with the army. and they were all intel, stilll got treated likepoop.
been in the airforce almost 6 yrs now, almost done. intel , done pretty much everything around intel there is to do.
its not too late, i would join the airforce if i was u, like ur weekends and freedom ? airforce or navy.
if feel like wanna make a difference and save the world and be all tough, just chill, can always cross train, the army has 2 yrs contracts too,
ur recruiter is full of crap, dont believe what they say, there's a waiver for everything, if ur pee is hot theyll get the pills, its up to bro, im notbtching im just telling you the truth.

this is what i got to say from when i been in, ive had friends be like man i wanna make a diff, i wanna be a hero, they join the army and are like damn imessed up.
alot of the war is fought back home, believe or not, u dont have to be infantry to do soemthing, if thats why u wanna join.

this is just my pov.

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

^^^one year LOL. all army deployments are 15 month at least.

infantry ??? wtfffffff is wrong wit u ? u got a 70 in ur asvab, get a real job, one that can prepare u towards the future,something along the lines of what you like. infantry you will be running and doing pt none stop, deploying none stop and even ur basic is gonna be worse than normal basic.

ive worked with the army most of my enlistment, deployed it the army to afghanistan, ate shhht with the army. and they were all intel, stilll got treated like poop.
been in the airforce almost 6 yrs now, almost done. intel , done pretty much eveyrthing around intel there is to do.
its not too late, i would join the airforce if i was u, like ur weekends and freedom ? airofrce or navy.
if feel like wanna make a diff and save the world and be all tough, just chill, can always cross train, the army has 2 yrs contracts too,
ur recriter is full of crap, dont believ what they say, theres a waiver for everything, if r pee is hot theyll get the pills, its up to bro, im not btching im just telling you the truth.

this is what i got to say from when i been in, ive had friends be like man i wanna make a diff, i wanna be a hero, they join the army and are like damn i missed up.
alot of the war is fohgt back home, believe or not, u dont have to be infantry to do soemthing, if thats why wanna join.

this is just my pov.

ESL, dude.

I'm thinking of choosing Military Police for my job when I join the reserves..is it hard to qualify for? (I want to go to college first, so I don'twant to do full time yet)

Originally Posted by 4x6191990

I'm thinking of choosing Military Police for my job when I join the reserves..is it hard to qualify for? (I want to go to college first, so I don't want to do full time yet)

mp is the job u get if eveyrthing else isnt available, it could be just as bad as infantry, work wise, youll be working long hours. i mean if u wanna be inthe military and wanna be a cop, coo do it, but alot of people just end up with it and hate it

u got a 70 in ur asvab, get a real job,

i got an 89 and i chose artillery. that isn't a "real job". i hear the unit in my state is fun.

Have fun over there, you should be one year in one year out at least. Multiple deployments are in your future.

I will, thank you.
smile.gif
Bringing home tens-of-thousands with no taxes sounds great to me. Killing some enemies..let's go, word to cod4. And if I die...whocares? existentialist baby.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom