Anyone know anything about Saab's?

I drive an 04 9-3arc and I love it...need new brakes and shocks though
smh.gif

I want a volvo s40 for my next car but price VS power I get a better deal with Saab...just saying. Plus Saabs have gone WAY down in price with this recentcrisis + their bankruptcy. I still owe 13k on my jawn and it's worth like 8 right now
frown.gif

Saab Just filed for chapter 11, this is not a company that I would want to buy a car from. Saab's are known for problems and as someone that is in collegedo you want to add to your stress? Get a Honda and call it a day. There is a reason you don't see many on the road.

And if you're worried about problems/getting it fixed, don't buy a car with more than 100K miles on it.

Originally Posted by DEpast

My girl bought a 2003 Ford Focus with 79K miles on it for $3000 cash.
Way too big to be driving around in a Ford Focus and that is just not car I would want. I am not trying to be too picky here but I am trying tosteer away from most of the American cars. I am probably not going to get a Saab because like it has been mentioned there must be a reason they are so cheapand you don't see many on the road. People saying get a Honda, you guys are right but to find a good condition one in my price range is hard withrelatively low mileage. I would have to get one with like 140k on it which I would not want to do. There are plenty of cars out there that run well over 100kand in to the 200 range. So I am not automatically turned off if the whip is a little over 100k.

Brandon,

Justin just bought a 98 Civic for under 3 Gs I think. You've probably seen it.

Just try to save up man and avoid buying a car with over 100K miles if you don't wanna pay for repairs.

Originally Posted by DEpast

Brandon,

Justin just bought a 98 Civic for under 3 Gs I think. You've probably seen it.

Just try to save up man and avoid buying a car with over 100K miles if you don't wanna pay for repairs.
I have not seen Justin's ride. I would like something like that but I have not seen a Civic for that cheap around here at least.

It's too bad you dont live around this way still, Fort Bragg's used car lot has decent rides for under 3Gs.

i think the biggest reason you don't see many on the road is that saab has always been a niche brand - super quirky with the hatch, ignition in the dash,etc. they're a lot more prevalent up north and on the east coast because of their snow handling. as far as price - i think that might be a function of thehigh mileage used saabs tend to have. a saab will always be an everyday driver kind of car. they can be ridiculously reliable: i've seen a few with severalhundred thousand miles. like i said earlier though, repairs can hit you pretty hard.

No thread jack.

Question for someone with an 04 G35 coupe. How is the maintenance on that car? I found one for 13999, it hase like 62 thousand miles.

Either this car or 350z 04 also. I need it to get me through college also.

Seriously I'm on here looking at cars for 5gs that is literally just to get me through college and this dude is talking about a G35. You are lucky man, Iwish I could get something like that to ride around in.

Lol. man its not even like that. I was a spoiled kid. Parents bought me like 2 mazda6 06 when i graduated in 06(lol) at 17, made some mistakes. Now im pushinga mustang(v6) which is paid off and when i sell it i can get about 7 grand for. So im moving out my crib at 20 in college and i just want something a littlebetter. So im going to finance like 5 to 6 thou to get the 350z or a little more to get the g35.

If i would of never made my mistakes i would of had a free 350, but life is life.

I almost bought the s60 vovlo before my stang but my friend bought one a few months before that, and i remembered that his broke down all the time so i veered.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

What decent car can you get for 5k? I am probably going to end up with another Maxima as that is what I would be driving if I didint wreck the first one. Maximas are impossible to find in my area for under 100k miles and under 5k.

maybe a 00 accord

enphan.............volvos def have issues also. not the first time its been mentioned on NT, im not hating either...............volvos go for even cheaper thanAudis lol. saabs lower than both.

guess you havnt hit none yet, but ive read up on them. did Ford sell volvo yet?

anyways yea s40 a nice lil car 2007 can be had REAL cheap compared to say Lexus IS, 3 series etc. even the bigger models s80s........ive def looked intovolvos, i made a thread on them before i like how they look.

s40 is madd small id prolly go s60 too

but for real ive looked into them, i cant tell you off hand the stuff ive read on edmunds etc............but yea if you can afford it copp a "R" kitfor your s60

http://www.businessinsider.com/saab-bankrupt-2009-2

Saab filed for bankruptcy in Sweden yesterday after the Swedish government refused to bail it out. The company has also appled to be spun off from GM.

So that's one part of General Motors (GM) operating under bankruptcy protection. The rest may follow next month.

AP: The move comes after the Swedish government rejected a request from unprofitable GM to inject money into the car maker. GM has been looking for buyers for Saab but said it needs more funding to put the brand up for sale.

"We explored and will continue to explore all available options for funding and/or selling Saab and it was determined a formal restructuring would be the best way to create a truly independent entity that is ready for investment," Saab's managing director, Jan Ake Jonsson, said in a statement.

GM wants $6 billion from foreign governments, in addition to the tens of billions it has asked for here. (By the way, anyone really think people will now stop buying Saabs because of the bankruptcy filing?)

Back
Top Bottom