Anyone know the rules of getting tattoos in the military?

My friend says you can't get one on your right forearm and if you get one on your left it can't be more than 1/4 of the way around. I've also heard that you can also get tats on your bicep from an inch above the bend of your elbow and above.I have no idea what's acceptable and was wondering if anyone here has any valuable input.

My friend says you can't get one on your right forearm and if you get one on your left it can't be more than 1/4 of the way around. I've also heard that you can also get tats on your bicep from an inch above the bend of your elbow and above.I have no idea what's acceptable and was wondering if anyone here has any valuable input.

When I interviewed with the military I saw mad dudes with full sleeves, I'd like to know as well.

When I interviewed with the military I saw mad dudes with full sleeves, I'd like to know as well.

the only rule is that it your hand has to be able to cover it, thats when you enter. After your boot camp you can get what ever you want

the only rule is that it your hand has to be able to cover it, thats when you enter. After your boot camp you can get what ever you want

I know someone that is currently getting some removed
around the collar bone, on his arms that come below the short sleeve shirt line
and I think his leg, he's joining the Air Force.

I know someone that is currently getting some removed
around the collar bone, on his arms that come below the short sleeve shirt line
and I think his leg, he's joining the Air Force.

DO NOT GET TATTOOS if you go military if you want to get far. I hurts you for special ops stuff. Its 3 inchs above the wrist  and no neck, face, head tattoos.

DO NOT GET TATTOOS if you go military if you want to get far. I hurts you for special ops stuff. Its 3 inchs above the wrist  and no neck, face, head tattoos.

If I was in the Air Force, I'd get a back tattoo of the Air Force symbol covering my entire back 
pimp.gif

If I was in the Air Force, I'd get a back tattoo of the Air Force symbol covering my entire back 
pimp.gif

i heard different, i live in oceanside california, right next to marine corps base camp pendelton, so talk with alot of marines, they say that the marine corps is a lot more strict about tattoos on arms, they take pictures of your tattoos after you graduate from boot camp, and put it on file, then they check you every so often to see if you have gotten more on your arms, ive heard stories of everything from docking pay to being passed over for a promotion. i think this is only a concern with tattoos on the arm though, as your military uniforms will cover tattoos on your legs and body, but it might also pertain to tattoos on your neck face area since those arent covered.  long story short i think if your going to get some ink done get it done before you enlist, that way if they recruit you there is nothing they can do about it, because you had it before you went in, and you wont have any problems with trying to add ink later because you already have what you want.

i heard different, i live in oceanside california, right next to marine corps base camp pendelton, so talk with alot of marines, they say that the marine corps is a lot more strict about tattoos on arms, they take pictures of your tattoos after you graduate from boot camp, and put it on file, then they check you every so often to see if you have gotten more on your arms, ive heard stories of everything from docking pay to being passed over for a promotion. i think this is only a concern with tattoos on the arm though, as your military uniforms will cover tattoos on your legs and body, but it might also pertain to tattoos on your neck face area since those arent covered.  long story short i think if your going to get some ink done get it done before you enlist, that way if they recruit you there is nothing they can do about it, because you had it before you went in, and you wont have any problems with trying to add ink later because you already have what you want.

Originally Posted by scshift

pimp.gif

I guarantee you wouldn't. I know plenty of people who got AF tattoos and they regret them and get roasted all the time.

pimp.gif

I guarantee you wouldn't. I know plenty of people who got AF tattoos and they regret them and get roasted all the time.

Whats the reasoning behind the tattoo rules anyway?
I mean it makes sense for a "model" soldier, all American thats clean cut in all ways.

Whats the reasoning behind the tattoo rules anyway?
I mean it makes sense for a "model" soldier, all American thats clean cut in all ways.

Originally Posted by High Altitude

pimp.gif
For real? Do they regret them because they're getting roasted or because they're actually a hindrance to their careers?

And who are the people roasting them?

Originally Posted by High Altitude

pimp.gif
For real? Do they regret them because they're getting roasted or because they're actually a hindrance to their careers?

And who are the people roasting them?

its basically no gang related stuff if they think its gang related they try to make you cover it

my boy in the marines and doing good, he got a lot of tats 1 was gang related and he said they pressure him to cover it but he still hasnt

Back
Top Bottom