Anyone listen to Purity Ring?

They performed at FYF Fest last year. I didn't know they didn't have an album but I liked some songs off Youtube. Wanted to check em out but I ended up ****** off on an edible and ruined my day :lol:

Last edited:
Considering OP can't even describe the genre and they didn't drop an album, I'm wondering how you found out about them.
sorry for being old?

It's nerdy but following music blogs or just going to see more live shows helps with exposure.

There isn't really a "genre" other than to call it experimental electronic or pop. Their sound is inspired by hiphop. None of these following artists really "sound alike" but if I had to categorize Purity Ring, I'd place them next to these guys: Nosaj Thing, Baths, Gold Panda, Balam Acab, Teengirl Fantasy, oOoOO, and, to an extent, AraabMuzik. Some slow things down. Others speed things up. Some songs below.

Lofticries has been out for months and after hearing the album it is still my favourite song on there

Considering OP can't even describe the genre and they didn't drop an album, I'm wondering how you found out about them.
sorry for being old?

It's nerdy but following music blogs or just going to see more live shows helps with exposure.
exactly what I meant, I know that there isn't any mainstream exposure for groups/bands like this, I was wondering, other than blogs, how people heard about them pre-debut album. + saw someone post this in the "thread about nothing" last week and I've had the album since it "dropped", I can play it the whole way thru, but I mainly play fireshrine and the song right after.

exactly what I meant, I know that there isn't any mainstream exposure for groups/bands like this, I was wondering, other than blogs, how people heard about them pre-debut album. + saw someone post this in the "thread about nothing" last week and I've had the album since it "dropped", I can play it the whole way thru, but I mainly play fireshrine and the song right after.

The internet really does help though. Before, artists didn't get a following outside of their local scene if they didn't craft a radio hit or some kind of cult hit that got play in clubs. Now, with the abundance of blogs (for better or worse), more experimental stuff can latch on to a much larger audience without the years of obscurity. This has pushed the careers of many of my favorite artists and also spawned some that I absolutely detest. I think overall more exposure is a good thing for music. It democratizes the industry.

Blogs and the internet are the most important forms of media coverage for any new artist these days.

no idea their album was already out. heard about them a while back but couldn't find an album.
thanks op :pimp:

all i know is.... GRANDLOVES

:smokin

ALBUM IS FLAMES

i'm looking for more music like this...

Last edited:
thank you very much huge bird

8)

listening now on Spotify. Pretty dope so far.

You may also like this dude Hopeless, his new album is nice

I checked out Grimes, could not get into that one as much

Any other suggestions hollatcha girl....

Last edited:
Phantogram. Cool Instrumentals with Emo/Dark/Ambiguous lyrics.

New Look. Duo. Cool Instrumentals. Female lead. Saw them perform before the xx recently:

Reactions: aph
You might want to look into oOoOO if you want something like Purity Ring. People put them in that witch house umbrella, but I believe their aesthetic is similar in ways to Purity Ring.

Just copped the ep off the strength of this. :smh:

posted this in the indie thread and just saw the album thread :lol: :smh:

The Hundred in the Hands is another similar artist...I think. Check 'em out.

Back
Top Bottom