Anyone mess with exotic fruits? Post some that people aren't up on.

Originally Posted by Humble Pedant

Durian fruit..... wouldn't ever try it though. Did some reading on it and people say it smells like a rotting corpse.

dude do urself a favor and try it. it smells bad but taste pretty good. honestly the smell isnt even that bad, kind of like an aquired smell 
laugh.gif

i'm heading to flushing, union square, chinatown, corona, jackson heights the next time I head out....or I can go to whole foods.

i'm heading to flushing, union square, chinatown, corona, jackson heights the next time I head out....or I can go to whole foods.

My ex is Vietnamese, and she put me up on a lot of good fruit. Gotta go to the Asian markets to get them.

Asian pears are bomb, the fruit op posted is good as hell, there were also these little Orange tomato looking things that were really good too. If someone knows what I'm talking about, post the name... I didn't like Dragon fruit too much... Tastes like watermellon with tiny seeds everywhere and no sweetness. Probably good if you're mad thirsty though. Age used to eat durian. I had no part in it.
laugh.gif
apparently its tradition in Vietnam.

My ex is Vietnamese, and she put me up on a lot of good fruit. Gotta go to the Asian markets to get them.

Asian pears are bomb, the fruit op posted is good as hell, there were also these little Orange tomato looking things that were really good too. If someone knows what I'm talking about, post the name... I didn't like Dragon fruit too much... Tastes like watermellon with tiny seeds everywhere and no sweetness. Probably good if you're mad thirsty though. Age used to eat durian. I had no part in it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wanksta23

we used to have a tree at our old house.
ifq5tt.jpg

theres a huge tree a few houses down filled with these, and the home owners dont even eat them, so every night when i walk my dog i try to get a couple, sometimes a branch

loquats...so damn good
pimp.gif
As a kid my granparent had a huge tree. And if we didnt get to them in time the birds would eat them all. Man i wish I could get some

ifq5tt.jpg

theres a huge tree a few houses down filled with these, and the home owners dont even eat them, so every night when i walk my dog i try to get a couple, sometimes a branch

loquats...so damn good
pimp.gif
As a kid my granparent had a huge tree. And if we didnt get to them in time the birds would eat them all. Man i wish I could get some

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Summer is near and I remember seeing a thread like this made a while ago.  While some sliced mango or coconut is cool for the summer I feel that theirs alot more that people aren't up on that are region/ethnicity specific.  Time to "diversify your bonds"

West-Indies people should recognize this one

[h3]
[h3]Local names[/h3]
It is known as mamoncillomamón, and ackee (in St. LuciaBarbados). However, in the rest of the Caribbean, the latter name is used to refer to the related Blighia sapida), and the fruit is called chenette (in Trinidad and Tobago), guayagnepguinep (in Jamaica), skinnip (in St. Kitts), genipguinepginnipkenèp (in Dominica,GuyanaHaitiBelizeBahamas) an in some parts of Central Americatalpa jocotecanepaquenepa (in Puerto Rico), genepaxenepakenepa (in Curaçao), knippa (in Suriname) and Spanish lime and limoncillo(in the Dominican Republic).[sup][citation needed][/sup]
[/h3]
My man 
pimp.gif

the greatest fruit i ever had with mango being a close 2nd 

Originally Posted by Cubinican

ifq5tt.jpg

loquats...so damn good
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Summer is near and I remember seeing a thread like this made a while ago.  While some sliced mango or coconut is cool for the summer I feel that theirs alot more that people aren't up on that are region/ethnicity specific.  Time to "diversify your bonds"

West-Indies people should recognize this one

[h3]
[h3]Local names[/h3]
It is known as mamoncillomamón, and ackee (in St. LuciaBarbados). However, in the rest of the Caribbean, the latter name is used to refer to the related Blighia sapida), and the fruit is called chenette (in Trinidad and Tobago), guayagnepguinep (in Jamaica), skinnip (in St. Kitts), genipguinepginnipkenèp (in Dominica,GuyanaHaitiBelizeBahamas) an in some parts of Central Americatalpa jocotecanepaquenepa (in Puerto Rico), genepaxenepakenepa (in Curaçao), knippa (in Suriname) and Spanish lime and limoncillo(in the Dominican Republic).[sup][citation needed][/sup]
[/h3]
My man 
pimp.gif

the greatest fruit i ever had with mango being a close 2nd 

Originally Posted by Cubinican

ifq5tt.jpg

loquats...so damn good
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

some of my faves
jamaican plum

5599177554_be468524a4.jpg

jamaican june plum

june+plum.jpg

jamaican apples

4917761680_5deaf6710a.jpg

clearly i don't know the real names of these things.

some of my faves
jamaican plum

5599177554_be468524a4.jpg

jamaican june plum

june+plum.jpg

jamaican apples

4917761680_5deaf6710a.jpg

clearly i don't know the real names of these things.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
OP posted Canepa. Im from Aruba, and those are def appreciated. My great grandmother has a huge tree of these in the backyard.
I wish there wasn't a huge seed in the middle, but still....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
OP posted Canepa. Im from Aruba, and those are def appreciated. My great grandmother has a huge tree of these in the backyard.
I wish there wasn't a huge seed in the middle, but still....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

laugh.gif

Persimmons?

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

laugh.gif

Persimmons?

Back
Top Bottom