Anyone on NT into sailing?

Long story short, I’m looking to buy a sailboat within the next year. Never sailed, so I’m trying to determine how best to get started. Anyone able to school me?

Throw on your patagonia down jacket and duck boots and head down to the docks b.

Take a couple lengths of rope and look keen. Somebody will take you as a deck hand :pimp:

I was thinking the same as SC kid. Son has been thinking outside of the box lately. That's what's up though.

Long story short, I’m looking to buy a sailboat within the next year. Never sailed, so I’m trying to determine how best to get started. Anyone able to school me?

I thought about putting one on the Ohio river a few years ago.......

But the up keep is just too much especially if your buying a wood boat.

If you don't have the time or money don't think your just gonna tie your boat up at the dock and visit it 3x a summer. :lol:

The sites I've been researching all suggest getting a fiber glass boat, between 18 and 28 feet long, that's under 40 years old. Apparently fiberglass lasts forever. I did a quick search for boats in my area and turns out they can be had in decent condition for about $7000 to $9000. I'd imagine the prices my hit a decline during the winter months tbh, but I'm just speculating.

image.png
a blinkin a blinkin subscribe to the sailing subreddit I'm sure all of ur questions will be answered

The sites I've been researching all suggest getting a fiber glass boat, between 18 and 28 feet long, that's under 40 years old. Apparently fiberglass lasts forever. I did a quick search for boats in my area and turns out they can be had in decent condition for about $7000 to $9000. I'd imagine the prices my hit a decline during the winter months tbh, but I'm just speculating.

I still think they have to be regularly cleaned and waxed.

I also think it's different maintenance depending on salt and fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom