Anyone Own a Drone?

Thinking about buying one. Anybody own one and can provide any advice in buying one or general advice on them?

Looking for one with pretty good camera and video quality - doesn't have to be professional quality though and one that is on the small side. I'm eyeing the DJI Spark at the moment. Wondering if there's a similar quality one at a bit lower price point.

Do you guys recommend buying one of these cheap $50ish drones to start and learn a bit before upgrading or is that a waste?

Last edited:
As far as consumer drones go, DJI has little to no competition right now.

All of what you said and chance of flying to high that it could be in Federal airspace and cause a plane crash.

Gotcha, thanks. And still can't believe that with the power and speed of planes, drones and even birds can cause plane crashes. :smh:

Gotcha, thanks. And still can't believe that with the power and speed of planes, drones and even birds can cause plane crashes. :smh:

Yeah you should see the bird strike analysis they do on commercial airplanes. **** is crazy

I have a DJI Mavic Air for mostly travel. If you’re not into photography or editing, your drone will sit-up and collect dust.

Don’t buy it brand new is my only advice.

Last edited:
i had the bumblebee drone..you can set the gps on ur phone via app so it'll land back where it started

lets just say i forgot to connect the landed zone back to where it started..somebody done took that thing up real quick when it landed just around the corner on new years eve...parties/cars everywhere smh

but i still got like 4 drones chilling..i got the racers they use for competition..i only used it once ...its fast as hell cant even lie

only reason i havent used it again is i been lazy on getting the VR headset up for it..because that might be the only way to fly that thing going 70 mph :evil:

I own a Mavic Pro.

You dont need to buy a cheap one because they're nothing alike. I highly recommend buying DJI Care in case you crash it, they'll send you a refurbished one.

I watched a bunch of YT videos before making my purchase 2 years ago.

Also make sure you're even allowed to fly in your area. Gonna suck having to travel far away just to get outside of a no fly zone.

I still want to own one. But living in South OC, I've been told that many places are "no fly zones'.

Someone told me a perv was using a drone to look at girls sunbathing on the beach, so that's one reason.

My father in law is a videograpgher (however u spell it) and he always gets **** for free. Lionsgate films sent him tons of drones for free for a movie he was doing w them and he gave me a box of like 6 of them. Havent opened them yet my kid would probaly destroy them within minutes in the air.

My father in law is a videograpgher (however u spell it) and he always gets **** for free. Lionsgate films sent him tons of drones for free for a movie he was doing w them and he gave me a box of like 6 of them. Havent opened them yet my kid would probaly destroy them within minutes in the air.

Can I please have one? I'm sure you don't need all 6. I'll pay for shipping! :D

If you ever looking to give one away :nerd: let me know :nthat:

Bought a cheap no name drone back in 2015 then attached my go pro with a gimbal i bought for it :smh:

Flew it up into the air, pressed return home, but never came back. Literally $600 down the drain

Had it for less than a week |l gave up drones after that :smh:

Back
Top Bottom