Anyone own a MOLLE backpack or similar? I'm looking for either civilian ones or just good ones

sillyputty

Banned
I'm not military or anything but I really like these M.O.L.L.E. bags.

I want to get one...but there are so many different ones to choose from.

Can you all speak on the quality of them and the amount of space they have in them? 

How much would you all pay for one? 

Retailers you trust? Should I just hit a local surplus spot? 

They seem to be a lot cheaper than ones with larger brands like NorthFace or Jansport etc.

This is what I'm talking about: 

14002002c.jpg

14002001c.jpg

hBOCk.png

61731.gif

Level%20III%20Assault%20Pack.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Those are extra durable. I have one, have a digital camo laptop bag, and the bag I always take everywhere is an Army duffle. They are all extremely durable and even though the duffle doesn't look huge, I have packed up to 7days worth of stuff plus accessories in it and I just like it's feel.

They're worth the money. Where I live, I can just go to a Surplus store and get them easily.
GI2DG1.jpg

getting deployed later this month, hope they issue that multi cam sexiness..

I have a military duffle I got from the surplus store, those backpacks look dope I might see if my local store have some in stock

How much are those at a typical surplus store? I live 2 miles away from one...Hopefully around the $40 range, not familiar with their pricing really.

My go to bag would be my 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 bag. Its been my work bag for 3+ years now. It has more than enough pockets for all my gear. I definetely recomend it. Also, Maxpedition has a lot of nice packs, too.

I've got one of these, not a lot of molle loops on it but it's spacious and durable. I also have the first Nike SB backpack that has the MOLLE loops all over the back and sometimes I hook a camelbak up to it, there's not a whole lot of space in the bag though.
molle-assault-pack_1.jpg

The actual military MOLLE system is great because you can add other compartments to the outside for additional storage.

Example:
Just the basic rucksack:
mainpack.jpg

Fully Loaded:
MOLLE.jpg

IF you can, buy American made to make sure you get quality. A lot of the Chinese made stuff starts to come apart quick. Do not trust ebay for when buying the packs. I did once not knowing any better and the quality was just terrible. Check out lapolicegear, GreyGhostGear, SKDTac, USCav, optactical and aresarmor. Also Condor gear is very hit or miss so I would just avoid it.

FlipnKraut, the MOLLE rucksack with plastic frame that you posted is the most terrible POS ever thought up 
sick.gif

I broke three 2 frames in a single year of ROTC and that was just that ROTC, not even real life stuff. Also if I ever met the inventor of it I'd punch him in the %%++ for thinking up the terrible system of putting those things together. 

Murray497, check out greyghostgear, they have smaller packs at a good price.

Back
Top Bottom