Anyone own a Weekend or Project Car?

Just wondering, every car isn't the ideal daily driver due to things like MPG or overall maintenance. I was just wondering do any of you guys have whips you drive primarily when you are just out doing your personal thing/ relaxing or a project car that your work on as a hobby? I`m not talking about owning a brand new car just for these purposes it could be an old beater that you just personally loved or wanted to customize.

When I get out of school, I plan on taking on a project car. Don't know the first thing though..

The reason I say this is because most peoples dream cars are probably far from reliable, and outside of paying double car insurance it seems smarter to have a daily driver thats OD reliable and a weekend whip thats paid off opposed to getting a high end whip and trying to use it as the all around car, which in turns brings wear and tear.

I was gonna make this thread the other night but I accidentally exited out
30t6p3b.gif

Anyways I drive a 2011 civic coupe daily and I was thinking about picking up an 01 bmw m5. I've always wanted one and now i got some extra money. How much maintenance is required on a car I would drive only a few times a month? How long should I expect it to last me?

Hell I might even make the m5 my daily since I don't work or go to school so I don't even have a commute.

I really really want a '82 Monte Carlo as a project car in the future.

I also want a 95/96 Jaguar XJ12

Got a 07 eclipse for a daily got a 73 caprice on 24's for a weekender but only in the summer..took 3 years to get it how I wanted it now I got that itch back and I'm lookin to get another project.. had a 71 Nova before that but sold it half way through the project . Im lookin for either a convertible or somthin thats real fast don't know but I'm on the hunt. anyone with a 71 impala convertible get at me 
pimp.gif

My daily driver i was gonna turn into a project car but never finished. Started it and did small things here and there. And since i might be leaving for the military in a few months i sold it. Was an 02 Mustang GT. Had so many plans for that car, was gonna be a 1/4 mile monster.

Originally Posted by megatron

30t6p3b.gif

Anyways I drive a 2011 civic coupe daily and I was thinking about picking up an 01 bmw m5. I've always wanted one and now i got some extra money. How much maintenance is required on a car I would drive only a few times a month? How long should I expect it to last me?

Hell I might even make the m5 my daily since I don't work or go to school so I don't even have a commute.
really depends on the previous owner, but the parts are expensive especially for an M car, but fun as hell to drive. Im looking to get a 530i, and since i work at BMW maintence wont be a problem
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

83 el Camino finally got motor (383 stroker aluminum heads etc) and ****** (700r4, 2500 stall and trans cooler) done, I've done most of the work myself with a little help from friends, it would have been done a long time ago, but I decided to switch cars midway through the project, paint and body, plus some new rims (probably cragars), and I'm done

I just love old cars I want a 50's model pick up next

30t6p3b.gif

looks at username....notsureifsrs
nerd.gif

If you're serious, I can give you info. 

My M5....

0182543e45ece0e8411c74b659c63fe1f6d0844.pjpeg

i got a 68 falcon sports coupe im working on now. bought from out of state (AZ) and it has minimal rust
pimp.gif

also got a 87 mustang 5.0 LX coupe (second owner)

Back
Top Bottom