anyone seen FOOD Inc ??

I got the DVD coming in tomorrow, but before I watch it I'm wondering if buying meat from the butcher is better than the supermarket and products like Tyson and Perdue, is it?

Originally Posted by crod6926

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by crod6926

yo I never knew those huge cow farms existed..i was blown away when I saw that, thought it was fake
smh.gif

We gotta do better people...You serious son?
Yeah I'm serious, I was oblivious to it.
Even though i knew it was happening i was blown away by the scale of the operations shown in the actual footage.
but before I watch it I'm wondering if buying meat from the butcher is better than the supermarket and products like Tyson and Perdue, is it?
It depends what the source is same way. I would imagine to compete with large chains a lot places will have to settle for cheap produce, which generally speaking would be pretty much the same commercially farmed trash. If meat is free range, organic, halal etc it is usually labelled accordingly, whether it be from the supermarket, butchers, farmers market etc. If its not labelled then you have to ask the question and trust they're telling you the truth.

I watched this movie and went to mcdonalds right after...didnt phase me, but I know a lot of other people who were completely disgusted.

I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS!!!!! I'M SUPER EXCITED AND I NEED TO LOOK FOR ALTERNATIVES TO EAT BETTER AND BE HEALTHY, BECAUSE I SLIP AND GET FASTFOOD INSTEAD OF GROCERY SHOPPING WHICH IS A NO NO!!!! (yes, i was THAT excited)

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Yeah... I'm so selective about what I eat these days. It's no wonder this country is so overweight.
THIS.

awesome documentary! it tops "Supersize Me" IMO

I didn't think Supersize Me was all that great. It's basically common knowledge that fastfood is terrible for you.

Back
Top Bottom