Anyone think that Jay Cutler is acting like a *%%!$?

What do the Broncos owe him? Dude is taking this WAY too personal. The NFL is a business...a cutthroat business at that....The future is bright for Cutler,and maybe the Broncos/McDaniels could have handled things differently, but at the end of the day (like I mentioned) the NFL is a business...this is why you seethe constant change of jerseys from guys who you would think would be in a certain city for a long time....anyways....Just saw this on ESPN.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Jay Cutler finally met face-to-face with Josh McDaniels over the weekend, but nothing was resolved, leading to doubt the quarterback will show up for the new coach's first team meeting Monday.

The Denver Broncos' coach and Pro Bowl quarterback, who are involved in a simmering feud over trade talks, met Saturday at the team's training facility, and both sides agreed to regroup and continue conversations, team spokesman Patrick Smyth told The Associated Press.

Link

smh.gif

he's probably mad that they were hyping him up to be "their guy" and denvers "qb of the future", then they dangle him out there for atrade.

So yes, I do believe he is acting like a #$$@$. Like DoubleJs said, it's a business, there's no room for catching feelings

Umm...

HELL NO !

Dude is coming off a pro bowl season. Then all of a sudden the Broncos new coach comes to town and wants nothing to do with him and wants to trade him ?

Sorry but the Broncos organization is wrong here .

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

You don't consider dealing Jay Cutler, especially for Matt Cassel.
Agree 100% ...what I hope happens is that we fire McDaniels and hire someone new. You have to be an idiot to think about trading an arm like that.Cutler just needs to settle down in the pocket and stop being so gun happy all the time

C'mon, give the guy a break...

He's won 3 Super Bowls, won 2 MVP awards, been voted to the Pro Bowl 8 straight seasons...

Oh wait, never mind.

smh.gif

Someone needs to give him a lollipop.

Grow some b@ll$, Cutler.

No I think he's acting like a punk %&$%....they arent benching or cutting him. They fielded offers about trades. He's still in Denver getting paidmillions...shut up already.

I could semi I understand if they were trading him for Tom Brady/Peyton Manning.

But they tried to trade homeboy for Matt Cassell!

*%%!, I'd be tight too
laugh.gif

Yes. He should know this is a business and handle it like so. He's taking this way too personal

Business or not, I respect Cutler for being mad. They touted him as their future. To go out and dangle him in trade offers for Matt Cassell is wrong. It'snot about the money or the business, it's the principle. If you go out and call him the future of your team you treat him like the future of your team.Nobody has principles anymore.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Business or not, I respect Cutler for being mad. They touted him as their future. To go out and dangle him in trade offers for Matt Cassell is wrong. It's not about the money or the business, it's the principle. If you go out and call him the future of your team you treat him like the future of your team. Nobody has principles anymore.

Obviously, Cutler has a big ego, but in a few years, we wont remember this. Like we don't remember an undrafted Eli not going to San Diego or undrafted Elway not going to the Colts. Yes, football is a business, but if your job was going to fire you to hire another employee, you would be upset about that. And if football is a business, Cutler has a right to want to go to another team -- that's his "business" ...

Also, if the league has no loyalty to players, why should players have loyalty to the league? About time someone stood up to a NFL team ...

dude was gonna get traded for Matt Cassell cmon Matt freakin Cassell he had a good year made the pro bowl and his own team want to trade him for basically MattCassell im not trying to knock Matt Cassell but cmon you have a good year make the pro bowl although you didnt make the playoffs but you played to yourpotential and now your own team wants to trade you.

Worst than owens.

How can you blame him for going after cassell... HE COACHED HIM TO A 10-5 YEAR. I'd be pissed if I was a bronco fan if I didn't get cassell.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Business or not, I respect Cutler for being mad. They touted him as their future. To go out and dangle him in trade offers for Matt Cassell is wrong. It's not about the money or the business, it's the principle. If you go out and call him the future of your team you treat him like the future of your team. Nobody has principles anymore.

I think both sides handled it wrong. JC should've just said what he said (he did), move on, and bolt on the Broncos the minute he becomes a FA, thusscrewing the Bronco temporarily.

Back
Top Bottom